IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

6 minutes ago, BCFC Taunton1 said:

It's the heavyweight division everyone has the potential to bang, haven't seen to much of him but what I have seen he isn't all that, won the title by default really when his opponent done his ACL in the early rounds.

Can't see it being to much of a problem for AJ

Whyte wasn't either tho before he rattled aj to his socks,and this lad got better pedigree than Whyte 

10 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

No way in the world will aj fight haye,haye isn't even the reckoning,will make money but if aj wins this then it will be big pay days for a long time and Hearn looks after his boxers,fury v aj is the money spinner and then haye will fight the the winner or loser depending if he has picked up a belt

Sorry bud but may be missing your point. You say there is no way in the world AJ would fight Haye but then say Haye would fight the winner of Fury or AJ? 

There is too much money for AJ v Haye for it not to happen. Haye despite being out the ring for a while would be a good test for AJ, plenty of experience and can box/punch 

23 minutes ago, daored said:

Sorry bud but may be missing your point. You say there is no way in the world AJ would fight Haye but then say Haye would fight the winner of Fury or AJ? 

There is too much money for AJ v Haye for it not to happen. Haye despite being out the ring for a while would be a good test for AJ, plenty of experience and can box/punch 

Yeh I went on a bit of a ramble :yes:,what I meant was that fighting haye at the moment when he has no belts is to risky for Eddie Hearn and aj,it would still be a money spinner in a few years when aj has more experience 

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

Hearn is brave laying this one so soon. AJ a world champion after 16 fights would be a fair task to manage expectations.  Haye would be the obvious next fight and then maybe a super fight with Fury next summer at Wembley if they hold onto titles.

AJ certainly seems to be box office.. 

Agree - think Haye vs Joshua is inevitable at some point before the winner fights fury. There's too much public intrigue for it not to happen, the ppv sales on Haye vs Joshua would be huge.

Obviously though now Haye has been out of the ring for a while his stock has fallen. He needs a few wins this year to have a case to fight Joshua assuming he beats Martin.

On 28/02/2016 at 00:27, joe jordans teeth said:

Quigg left it well to late,there is having a game plan and then there is that,shocking

Yeah not quite sure what Joe Gallagher's game plan was, but whatever it was it failed miserably.

I thought both fighters looked petrified when they touched gloves at the start of the fight and relieved when it was all over. One of those fights where the stakes were so high the pressure got to both of them.

The first two rounds were terrible but after that I thought Frampton took control of the fight and he left no-one in doubt as to who the superior boxer was.

Shocking yet again to see such a bizarre scorecard from a judge - Quigg by 2 rounds, really??

Frampton v Santa Cruz next assuming he defeats Martinez.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yeah not quite sure what Joe Gallagher's game plan was, but whatever it was it failed miserably.

I thought both fighters looked petrified when they touched gloves at the start of the fight and relieved when it was all over. One of those fights where the stakes were so high the pressure got to both of them.

The first two rounds were terrible but after that I thought Frampton took control of the fight and he left no-one in doubt as to who the superior boxer was.

Shocking yet again to see such a bizarre scorecard from a judge - Quigg by 2 rounds, really??

Frampton v Santa Cruz next assuming he defeats Martinez.

Santa Cruz stopped Martinez in the 5th

19 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Proper punch that was,seen more action in this fight in 1 round then the big fight last week 

I think its a little harsh, especially due to the circumstances in the Quigg Frampton fight.  Considering he had his Jaw broken early I am not sure Quigg he got the plaudits for the fight he actually fought, especially as he got stronger as the fight wore on.  It may not have been the best of watches, but i think that fight should be looked at in the context of what happened.