IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

5 minutes ago, TRL said:

I think its a little harsh, especially due to the circumstances in the Quigg Frampton fight.  Considering he had his Jaw broken early I am not sure Quigg he got the plaudits for the fight he actually fought, especially as he got stronger as the fight wore on.  It may not have been the best of watches, but i think that fight should be looked at in the context of what happened.

Yeh he had is jaw broken on the fourth round,what happened in the first 3

3 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

According to frampton when he caught quigg in the first round quigg was blinking where he was hurt,so that maybe explains the slow start and then the jaw in the fourth,he didn't get stronger it was frampton knowing he had it in the bag,enough context for you

Dangerous game to play and not one i hold much credence in when you look at one of the judges scores.  As a boxer you do not rely on a judge, you finish the job, so a bit of hot air from Frampton me thinks.  If you cant take a guy out with a Broken jaw, with 8 rounds to go, there is something wrong with your attack imo.

Edited by TRL

19 minutes ago, TRL said:

Dangerous game to play and not one i hold much credence in when you look at one of the judges scores.  As a boxer you do not rely on a judge, you finish the job, so a bit of hot air from Frampton me thinks.  If you cant take a guy out with a Broken jaw, with 8 rounds to go, there is something wrong with your attack imo.

Mayweather always counts on the judges to get it right,that judge should be struck off,he didn't have to take the guy out,boxing is a sweet science,if you want knock outs there is cage fighting 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2016 at 05:16, joe jordans teeth said:

According to frampton when he caught quigg in the first round quigg was blinking where he was hurt,so that maybe explains the slow start and then the jaw in the fourth,he didn't get stronger it was frampton knowing he had it in the bag,enough context for you

Awesome fight between the two boxers. :chant6ez:

11 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

on his way to hospital,reminded me of Michael Watson,let's hope he is ok

Apparently placed in an induced coma for a bleed on the brain.

The fight should have been stopped probably as early as the 4th round, Blackwell for most rounds took fearful punishment for at least a minute in each round, I didn't enjoy that at all it was bordering on the sadistic IMO.

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The fight should have been stopped probably as early as the 4th round, Blackwell for most rounds took fearful punishment for at least a minute in each round, I didn't enjoy that at all it was bordering on the sadistic IMO.

Agree with that, the  trouble for Blackwell  was he was competitive in nearly every round ...heres hoping he makes a full recovery

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I didn't see it that way at all. He was still fighting back despite taking a lot of punches. You have to remeber not always down to the ref his own corner could of pulled him out. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

I think the fight could of been stopped earlier but the guy is a warrior and that alone made the fight go longer than it should. I don't think you can blame the ref because Blackwell was fighting back....his corner should of pulled him out a round or 2 earlier!

Blackwell is a very entertaining fighter to watch and i hope and pray he pulls through..

1 hour ago, yardy said:

I think the fight could of been stopped earlier but the guy is a warrior and that alone made the fight go longer than it should. I don't think you can blame the ref because Blackwell was fighting back....his corner should of pulled him out a round or 2 earlier!

Blackwell is a very entertaining fighter to watch and i hope and pray he pulls through..

Looks like he will be fine, it was an awesome fight.

46 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Fair play to Eubank Sr.  He saw the way Blackwell's head was swelling and told his son to direct shots to the body in the last rounds.  Could've saved a life there.

Yes this is true, I heard him say the same and fair play to him.

22 hours ago, Super said:

I didn't see it that way at all. He was still fighting back despite taking a lot of punches. You have to remeber not always down to the ref his own corner could of pulled him out. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

Blackwell may well be a 'warrior' as people are calling him but he was taking for virtually 1 minute per round a constant fearful beating to his head that was virtually undefended with little or nothing coming back at Eubank Jr, for that minute he was unable to defend himself properly, he only managed to fight back when Eubank Jr ran out of steam but for me it was quite obvious that the cumulative effect of this meant it was not going to end well, I am amazed that either his corner or referee either didn't end it far earlier or at least call the doctor in as early as the 4th round and then asked him to constantly monitor Blackwell.

7 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Then shouldn't Eubanks corner say to the ref or Blackwells corner, how can this be a fight if I can't box properly by only punching the stomach. 

Eubank jr didn't follow instructions for kept hitting the face, but what else can he do to win a fight.

Eubanks said after the fight that, he kept shouting at the referee to stop the fight and that he shouldn't have to have done that.

Nobody is blaming Eubank Jr, they are saying the referee and his corner let it go on far too long and I agree.

I agree, but if he's telling his boxer not to hit the other guys face. Surely someone should pull the ref to one side and say this isn't right, shouting during the fight is no good for everyone does that.

The ref and his corner are to blame but hundreds of fights are one sided and nothing comes of it after. I'm sure the ref has handled loads of fights like that and I'm sure he's feeling pretty bad about the outcome. 

Trouble is if ref stops it like groves froch all hell breaks out and goes to long all hell breaks out. It's very hard for the ref to decide what's too much and what isn't rather them then me having to decide.