IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

12 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Boxing is in a much healthier state than it has ever been you are right.The WBSS will never make boxers any money if it’s tucked away on let’s say itv box office without a few fights on terrestrial tv first to get them interested  because not everyone are wrong uns like us lot on here and watch it on dodgy sites  :P

Exactly what I was going to say mate, it's really suffered from a lack of exposure outside of hardcore fans here up until Groves v Jnr.

ITV's tactic of putting virtually all of it on box office makes zero commercial sense really. Imagine how big it would have been on Sky or even BT- they must be kicking themselves for signing an exclusivity deal with Warren just before the Super Series proved so good, especially given the shite he's served up on there thus far haha.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Joshua comes in at 17st 4lbs, much better than the 18st 4lbs he was v Takam and his lightest for 6 fights.

Parker is 16st 12lbs and looks good.

I fancy Parker tomorrow to win. I think AJ’s team are expecting this to be a long fight and clearly they don’t want AJ carrying the extra weight. Certainly going to be an interesting fight 

17 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Parker to win by KO or TKO at 17/2 looks like the best bet in fight

I don't really get why people think he can ko Joshua when he pitter- pattered on a static, rotund Andy Ruiz, didn't trouble Takam at all and barely landed a shot on Hughie in their snoozefest, whereas Joshua got back up from Wlad's best punch in years.

You could have made a case on points if AJ came in much heavier than he has, but I just can't see Parker having the power to stop him.

Edit- jinx @Super !

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I don't really get why people think he can ko Joshua when he pitter- pattered on a static, rotund Andy Ruiz, didn't trouble Takam at all and barely landed a shot on Hughie in their snoozefest, whereas Joshua got back up from Wlad's best punch in years.

You could have made a case on points if AJ came in much heavier than he has, but I just can't see Parker having the power to stop him.

Edit- jinx @Super !

Dont get me wrong, I think Joshua will probably win but weighing up all the odds, Parker to win by KO is best bet.  Joshua odds too short in my opinion

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Dont get me wrong, I think Joshua will probably win but weighing up all the odds, Parker to win by KO is best bet.  Joshua odds too short in my opinion

Apologies Dave, I wasn't aiming that at you specifically, just talking generally- I should have made that clear. Parker is definitely underpriced for this fight.

If you want a real long shot, Price is generally 150-1 to take out Povetkin in the first 3 rounds hahaha. I don't know why but I've got a sneaky feeling big Dave is going to put on a decent show tonight, although he is surely ending up horizontal.

6 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

32 minutes of waffle. Badly advised. Hope the WBC make him do a manditory against Whyte and he gets less than the £5m on table, loses and then disappears into obscurity fighting bums for 6 figures tops 

God knows he's had plenty of practice!

6 hours ago, Stortz said:

Edit- jinx @Super !

Not saying Parker has no chance but he will have to be miles better than anything he has produced so far in his career.

9 minutes ago, yardy said:

Buzzing for the fights tonight, can see AJ getting it done inside 8 and Price taking a battering from Povetkin for a couple of rounds.

i'll be checking for links soon

First part of the undercard free here: https://www.facebook.com/skysportsboxing/videos/vb.152809191418876/1971660046200439/?type=3&theater

Here we go then, almost as excited about the Price fight as I am about AJ-Parker. Expect he'll be unconscious within 2 rounds but how great would it be if he did the unthinkable? 

Alexander Povetkin vs David Price

Ryan Burnett vs Yonfrez Parejo

Joe Cordina vs Andy Townend

Anthony Crolla vs Edson Ramirez

Josh Kelly vs Carlos Molina

Morgan Jones vs Mose Auimatagi Jr

Sean McGoldrick vs Ricky Little

6 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Here we go then, almost as excited about the Price fight as I am about AJ-Parker. Expect he'll be unconscious within 2 rounds but how great would it be if he did the unthinkable? 

Such a good undercard I got the moths out my wallet and paid for it rather than depending on a stream,as for price than he is one that glass chin applies to but obviously hope he wins 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Approximately what time is the main fight likely to start?

Appreciate that depending on the undercard things might be slightly earlier or later.

I fancy going to the pub for a bit before watching it, the Doris is unconvinced and reckons that staying in is the answer.

Ringwalks between 2215 and 2230 mate.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Evening all..

love to see Price beat the drug cheat, sadly the old saying " you can't train a chin" is fairly apt...