IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

Just now, Owl Visiting said:

Shame, that moment there when he was out on his feet completely open was horrible

Yeah, a free hit for Sasha.

If Price had caught Povetkin with that left in the middle of the round rather than the last few seconds, he would have definitely taken him out.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Price has terrible stamina. Always been his biggest problem. Don't know why Caldwell his previous trainer got him to put on loads of weight, just made him worse. I don't get what Howard Foster was doing end of the round that he nearly had Povetkin. Standing count? Why? He could have had him out of there with one more shot

Because the ropes held Povetkin up, so he is deemed to have gone down, hence the standing 8 count.

Edited by Stortz

6 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Price should have gone for it in the 4th, he had nothing to lose really - Pov was still dazed 

The problem price has that he was thinking that if I rush in and try to finish and get caught then it’s game over,in hindsight he should of but when you have been knocked out heavy like he has been before it must play in your mind 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Oh didn't realise that, just thought he fell against them. Oh well maybe I can't criticise Howard Foster this time.

Foster obviously felt that they held him up rather than him just falling against them, hence the count. The ref has to call it, and I think he was right (for a change!).

6 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Wilder ran away from fighting him in Moscow in 2016 when it was claimed Povetkin had doped, although it was subsequently proven he had done nothing wrong (on that occasion at least).

It wasn’t claimed he did fail the test but was cleared on a further test,if we allow people to succeed in dodgy circumstances like canelo and fury then just make cheating available to everyone 

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It wasn’t claimed he did fail the test but was cleared on a further test,if we allow people to succeed in dodgy circumstances like canelo and fury then just make cheating available to everyone 

Of course mate, I'm not sticking up for Povetkin's cheating but it turned out he did nothing wrong that time. It was to do with the amount of a substance they had been using as a matter of course over there that was latterly banned that they had to get out of their system.

Let's go AJ!

Edited by Stortz