Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

7 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Talking of Naz. Eubank's performance tonight reminded me of Naz against Barrera.

I guess with Naz we knew he had the talent.  Come the Barrera fight his hands were in bits and he’d lost his mojo a bit.  Still for me the most exciting fighter from these shores at the time, I couldn’t wait for his fights. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Super said:

Radio saying he needs to go down to middleweight.

Not sure where he can go. At 160 BJS has already beaten him and Canelo/GGG are ranked 1 & 2 P4P in the world. They’d rip him to pieces - let’s not forget Jr has already ducked GGG once 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I guess with Naz we knew he had the talent.  Come the Barrera fight his hands were in bits and he’d lost his mojo a bit.  Still for me the most exciting fighter from these shores at the time, I couldn’t wait for his fights. 

He was exceptional at what he did. But I think had he learned to box, he would have been unstoppable. He was a one trick pony. 

Terrible performance from Eubank, it was obvious from the first few rounds that he needed to change tactics but hasn't got the mentality or team to change things.

He has the tools to beat Groves but i fear his ego and his father are holding him back. To get instructions from Chris senior is just madness, the guy is nuts.

Ultimately the guy with the most experience and better tactics won the fight easy, Eubank really needs to re-think his whole career .

• Like 1

This is downside of tournament boxing. Shame because it’s been so well organised but the super middleweight tournament hasn’t lived up to the cruiserweight tourney.  They’d be better pushing the semi back especially given Groves is going to stuggle for the final at this rate.  

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Great interview with Pete Fury on IFL - Eubank Jr should take on board everything he says 

It is a good interview. I can't help but think that it's a not so much a step down as a plummet from fighting Parker for a world title to fighting Sam Sexton in Bolton though.

Shame about Braehmer, he is resillient if not a bit dull these days and would have given Mundo a good fight. I don't reckon many will be paying ITV a tenner for this one now tbh!

9 hours ago, Stortz said:

It is a good interview. I can't help but think that it's a not so much a step down as a plummet from fighting Parker for a world title to fighting Sam Sexton in Bolton though.

Shame about Braehmer, he is resillient if not a bit dull these days and would have given Mundo a good fight. I don't reckon many will be paying ITV a tenner for this one now tbh!

Yep I get Hughie is only 23 but his stock has dropped and he defo lost that fight against Parker. 

21 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Great interview with Pete Fury on IFL - Eubank Jr should take on board everything he says 

Always enjoy listening to Peter Fury, knows his stuff and doesn't get caught up in any trash talking nonsense. Always respectful of other fighters.

The same can't be said about Tony Bellew unfortunately, wanted him to win the first fight but will be supporting Haye this time. He really is that old cliche of 'offended by everything, ashamed of nothing'. Thought Haye tried to be respectful today, and regardless of what they've both said in the past I thought Bellew came across badly at the press conference.

1 hour ago, Owl Visiting said:

Always enjoy listening to Peter Fury, knows his stuff and doesn't get caught up in any trash talking nonsense. Always respectful of other fighters.

The same can't be said about Tony Bellew unfortunately, wanted him to win the first fight but will be supporting Haye this time. He really is that old cliche of 'offended by everything, ashamed of nothing'. Thought Haye tried to be respectful today, and regardless of what they've both said in the past I thought Bellew came across badly at the press conference.

Haye looks ripped for this one. If his injuries stay away I can’t see Tony winning 

14 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Pray for a Bellew win otherwise we'll be made to suffer number 3.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Hello mate, yeah seems a good kid, looking forward to watching him fight shortly.

Anyone seen Holzken fight? The bookies don't seem to think it'll be a contest.

Hard to tell, ex kick boxers tend to stand too square on but you never know..

Lived bang opposite York Hall when I first moved to London. Think the day after moving in Prize Fighter was on, so watched the event in my flat on tv. Herbie Hide, (the big favourite on the night) won his first fight but had to withdraw after sustaining a bad cut (turned out to be his final ever fight). It seemed an odd moment when the presenter announced his withdrawal, to then look out of my window and see him climbing into an ambulance.:laugh:

• Like 2
  • TomF changed the title to The Boxing Thread