IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

54 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

GGG-Canelo is off following the latter's failed drug test. 

It's the right decision tbh, they couldn't just let it slide because it was Canelo and everyone is desperate for the rematch. You can be sure a less famous boxer would have had the book thrown at them so they had to ban him too.

It looks like Spike O'Sullivan is going to take one hell of a beating on Cinco de Mayo then!

20 minutes ago, Super said:

If the Wilder fight isn't made and it goes to purse bids Joshua may have no choice but to go to Russia or drop the WBA belt.

When they wanted Wlad to fight Povetkin in Moscow rather than Germany in 2013 the Russians bid $23.3m compared to K2's $7.1m!

Edited by Stortz

6 minutes ago, Stortz said:

If the Wilder fight isn't made and it goes to purse bids Joshua may have no choice but to go to Russia or drop the WBA belt.

When they wanted Wlad to fight Povetkin in Moscow rather than Germany in 2013 the Russians bid $23.3m compared to K2's $7.1m!

Surely a fight in Britain will smash that?

Edited by Super

4 hours ago, Super said:

Surely a fight in Britain will smash that?

Of course it would make more for the promoters here than in Russia you'd think, just illustrating that the amount of money they need to spend and a potential return on that amount is of little concern to some of the more opaquely funded Russian oligarchs!

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

On 4/8/2018 at 10:35, Super said:

Any good mate? Guess it was on boxnation?

Dreadful fight, headbutts, DeGale not the talent he once was.

Press talking up a rematch with Groves if he's not fit for the Muhammad Ali Trophy Final. Still think Groves beats DeGale based n what I saw - even with the now dodgy shoulder.

5 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Haha he best keep of the Canello meat between now and June then!  I thought he might fancy someone like Chisora for a third fight as a decent(ish) warm up.

Haha, the uncastrated boars and hedgehogs of Morecombe will be delighted with this news!

I reckon it'll be someone Like Michael Sprott or Sam Sexton, they'll ease him in gently.

19 hours ago, Stortz said:

Interesting to see what level he comes back at, but pleased he's back at all- I thought he was doing a Naz.

Recently signed up to Ricky Hatton's Instagram feed. Fury has been training loads at Hatton's Manchester gym. He looks great, extremely quick, good movement and has lost a ton of weight.

1 hour ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Recently signed up to Ricky Hatton's Instagram feed. Fury has been training loads at Hatton's Manchester gym. He looks great, extremely quick, good movement and has lost a ton of weight.

Yeah, it's really good to see him with the bit between his teeth again rather than a steak bake!

20 hours ago, Stortz said:

Haha, the uncastrated boars and hedgehogs of Morecombe will be delighted with this news!

I reckon it'll be someone Like Michael Sprott or Sam Sexton, they'll ease him in gently.

Kevin Johnson was mentioned earlier

• Like 1

The weight is melting off Fury. Maybe he's back on the steriods like he was against Wlad? I'm not going to welcome a cheat like Fury back into the ring for a couple of good heavyweight bouts. Same goes for Povetkin and any other heavyweights caught. 

The Pulev that lost to Wlad should have no issue boxing Whyte's head off. Unfortunately like with the majority of the "2nd tier" heavyweights of this generation Pulev has been inactive and stagnated the past few years.   

2 hours ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Khan vs Lo Greco this weekend. Anyone going to tune in? Glad it's not a PPV so will probably watch it. 

Lo Greco has been in with some recognizable American names, but can't see anything other than a Khan victory, KO or points.

Yeah, Lo Greco caught a godawful 3 round pasting from Errol Spence a few years back and lost wide on points to Shawn Porter. Khan's been out for ages after a brutal ko though, so I'm not surprised they've gone to the bounds of acceptability for his comeback.

Warren's Frampton v Donaire card is on BT at the same time too.

15 hours ago, Stortz said:

Yeah, Lo Greco caught a godawful 3 round pasting from Errol Spence a few years back and lost wide on points to Shawn Porter. Khan's been out for ages after a brutal ko though, so I'm not surprised they've gone to the bounds of acceptability for his comeback.

Warren's Frampton v Donaire card is on BT at the same time too.

Very true, another good fight where whoever loses ultimately is considered 'done' b boxing pundits.

Broner v Vargas also on that evening in the US.

Frampton and Frank Warren in the papers today lambasting how 2 x major boxing events can be screened on rival channels on the same evening: Frampton v Donaire on BT, Khan v Lo Greco on Sky.

Hear their points, but ultimately venues, free weekends, fighter availability etc. all play a part. Ultimately there will be a few clashes here and there.

Personally I'll be watching Khan. Interested to see what 2 years out of action has done to him and the undercard is actually decent. Plus his fights are always interesting: he'll display hand speed and KO his opponent, or get KO'd himself!