Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

joe jordans teeth

The Boxing Thread

Absolute dogshit from DeGale. Pathetic performance.

Eubank Jnr is going nowhere either, he'll get totally found out at any higher level.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Absolute dogshit from DeGale. Pathetic performance.

Eubank Jnr is going nowhere either, he'll get totally found out at any higher level.

Agreed, DG nowhere near his best and nothing on show we didn't already know from CE. A stinker unfortunately.

Nowt left from Degale, missed a rematch with his nemesis Groves, agree with Stortz go any higher in the rankings Eubank  will be found out.. 

Degale has always been low volume. It's why he lost to Groves all those years ago. Didn't do enough then, didn't do enough now. He has to retire now. In his peak a few years back he was a genuine world class fighter. But never really at the very top long enough for someone of his skills.

Eubank Jr clearly won most rounds and got knock downs too. 2 of the scorecards were a disgrace. It is a strange thing to hear when the commentator said something like 'So now Eubank Jr has a trainer, do you think it helped?' How can any boxer not have had a trainer during 20 plus professional fights. I know Ronnie Davis has always helped out, but Eubank has never listened, you can tell from how he fights. His Dad doesn't even seem happy that he now has a trainer either. Imagine how much better he would be if he had been trained properly all these years.

World class chin, heart and athleticism, but no power as he doesn't seem to punch correctly. He is not very good at feints, he follows his opponent around the ring, rather than cutting the ring off. He pushes his jabs, and often single jabs. It's not just his technique, but he lacks intelligence in the ring. If anyone needed a trainer then its him. I think he should go back down to middleweight as he looks small for a super middle. Fair play to him, he has guts and is very entertaining. Degale was the only one making the fight boring tonight. You know you will get entertainment with Eubank.

• Like 4

An interesting fight to say the least. I actually like Jr but thought De Gale would edge it, purely because of his CV.

In reality, De Gale looked a bit washed out - lacked fitness in the latter rounds, breathing heavily, lack of combination punching, excessive 'hugging' and no real game plan.

Junior by contrast was a lot more composed, clearly very fit, lovely timed punches and combos, not rushing in as he did previously. The new trainer giving him sound info in the corner, to which he executed brilliantly.

Fair play to De Gale for lasting the full 12, but Eubanks looked good, deserved the win, onto bigger and better things hopefully.

20 minutes ago, Undy English said:

An interesting fight to say the least. I actually like Jr but thought De Gale would edge it, purely because of his CV.

In reality, De Gale looked a bit washed out - lacked fitness in the latter rounds, breathing heavily, lack of combination punching, excessive 'hugging' and no real game plan.

Junior by contrast was a lot more composed, clearly very fit, lovely timed punches and combos, not rushing in as he did previously. The new trainer giving him sound info in the corner, to which he executed brilliantly.

Fair play to De Gale for lasting the full 12, but Eubanks looked good, deserved the win, onto bigger and better things hopefully.

Eubank still doesn’t have a Jab though. The minute he steps up a level he’ll get found out again I sense. 

1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

Fury wilder off for now

they really have led AJ a merry dance here, with a rematch possible towards end of year.  Leaving AJ out in the cold again!

Eh?

How has anyone led Joshua a 'merry dance'? Who are 'they'?

The main thing that's happened with Fury signing for ESPN is that all of the big HW fights are now far less likely while the networks squeeze their margin out of the fighters- indeed Wilder Fury 2 was supposed to to be in the can until this latest fuckery kicked off.

Not sure how any boxing fan can be gleeful about that right now tbh.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stortz said:

Eh?

How has anyone led Joshua a 'merry dance'? Who are 'they'?

The main thing that's happened with Fury signing for ESPN is that all of the big HW fights are now far less likely while the networks squeeze their margin out of the fighters- indeed Wilder Fury 2 was supposed to to be in the can until this latest fuckery kicked off.

Not sure how any boxing fan can be gleeful about that right now tbh.

O no it’s a disaster what’s happened, my point was, I’m sure when Joshua found out wilder fury wasn’t happening he must have been annoyed, as it will be at least a year now till Joshua can get at one of them

as bellew said on radio other day, these 3 could have fought each other for the rest of their careers, and made millions, shame that that probably won’t happen now 

4 hours ago, Club and Country said:

O no it’s a disaster what’s happened, my point was, I’m sure when Joshua found out wilder fury wasn’t happening he must have been annoyed, as it will be at least a year now till Joshua can get at one of them

as bellew said on radio other day, these 3 could have fought each other for the rest of their careers, and made millions, shame that that probably won’t happen now 

Problem is they can all make millions without fighting each other now meaning they probably won’t risk it, I get it from their point of view but it sucks for us boxing fans that just want to see the best fights get made.

5 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

Problem is they can all make millions without fighting each other now meaning they probably won’t risk it, I get it from their point of view but it sucks for us boxing fans that just want to see the best fights get made.

Correct. Fans really don't care about belts or money. They want to see the best v the best. Sadly the boxing business and arguably many of the fighters and networks don't see it the same way.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Correct. Fans really don't care about belts or money. They want to see the best v the best. Sadly the boxing business and arguably many of the fighters and networks don't see it the same way.

Yep no ones that assed about the Joshua - Miller fight but apparently he’s getting a career high payday for it. Fury’s new deal means he can make big money for fighting any top 20 ranked fighters and Wilder can make 3-5 million dollars fighting punch bags like Brazeale so there’s no incentive for them to take risks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ohbasso said:

Yep no ones that assed about the Joshua - Miller fight but apparently he’s getting a career high payday for it. Fury’s new deal means he can make big money for fighting any top 20 ranked fighters and Wilder can make 3-5 million dollars fighting punch bags like Brazeale so there’s no incentive for them to take risks.

Agree with all of that.

If Wilder fights and beats Breazeale he'll be the 3rd best name on his resume after Tyson and OAP Ortiz and yet the fella has won 40 fights and defended the WBC belt 8 times, which shows how much the networks can squeeze out of fighters with very little risk to their man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B1ackbird said:

Anyone watching the next gen show? 

Evening Bb, just tuning in for Gill/Dominquez. Could be decent scrap.

27 minutes ago, TomF said:

Well that didn’t last long 

Sorry Tom, thought I was alone, yeah he looked pretty good, Martinez is the gatekeeper to the world's top ten, interesting to see how he does against him... 

10 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

Sorry Tom, thought I was alone, yeah he looked pretty good, Martinez is the gatekeeper to the world's top ten, interesting to see how he does against him... 

Only tuned in for the main fight. Agree should be good. After 23 fights he defo needs to move up to world level 

I'm calling it now, surely this is the worst card ever put on at the 02? And I say this as someone who loves Dave Allen.

Hearn must be sailing pretty close to the wind with Sky now, surely they won't put up with much more of the crap he's offered in the UK so far this year.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stortz said:

I'm calling it now, surely this is the worst card ever put on at the 02? And I say this as someone who loves Dave Allen.

Hearn must be sailing pretty close to the wind with Sky now, surely they won't put up with much more of the crap he's offered in the UK so far this year.

David Allen has a massive online following and he's a very likeable guy. But does it transpire to people buying £60 tickets in London or PPV buys? No it doesn't.

Is this card a PPV? Can't see many people parting with 20 notes for it tbh.

Edited by Undy English

2 hours ago, Undy English said:

David Allen has a massive online following and he's a very likeable guy. But does it transpire to people buying £60 tickets in London or PPV buys? No it doesn't.

Is this card a PPV? Can't see many people parting with 20 notes for it tbh.

Don't think it is. Shouldn't be anyway!

5 hours ago, Super said:

Don't think it is. Shouldn't be anyway!

No it's not, even Eddie wouldn't try that haha!

It's still a piss poor show though given he has to supply Sky with x nights contractually per year. I thought the Cheeseman one was bad but bloody hell.

10 hours ago, Stortz said:

Basically it’s the undercard from AJ v Whyte

1 minute ago, TomF said:

Basically it’s the undercard from AJ v Whyte

Haha yeah, and I'd moan about it being shite for that too, let alone a stand alone card!

Lower bowl of the 02 only for this imo. I wonder if they'll get Michael Buffer in!

1 minute ago, Stortz said:

Haha yeah, and I'd moan about it being shite for that too, let alone a stand alone card!

Lower bowl of the 02 only for this imo. I wonder if they'll get Michael Buffer in!

Been better off in the copperbox

14 minutes ago, TomF said:

Been better off in the copperbox

Definitely. It would have been an amazing atmosphere at York Hall too but then StubHub wouldn't get their %!

Edited by Stortz

3 hours ago, Super said:

Spence Jnr v Garcia tomorrow should be a cracker. Is it on Tv?

Yeah it’s on itv 4,free of charge for a fight like that is odd but mint for us when it’s PPV in America for about 80 dollars,Garcia can’t keep taking belts willy nilly and this weight leap is a step to far I think but be interesting to watch  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Yeah it’s on itv 4,free of charge for a fight like that is odd but mint for us when it’s PPV in America for about 80 dollars,Garcia can’t keep taking belts willy nilly and this weight leap is a step to far I think but be interesting to watch  

Is Spence just too big for Garcia, what a result if he can pull this one off.. 

1 hour ago, B1ackbird said:

Is Spence just too big for Garcia, what a result if he can pull this one off.. 

If he beats spence who is a hell of a fighter by the way it will probably be one of the greatest wins ever in boxing,can’t see it happening tho

• Like 1

18 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

If he beats spence who is a hell of a fighter by the way it will probably be one of the greatest wins ever in boxing,can’t see it happening tho

The plan is to watch the Wolves Man U game, go to bed, and wake up at 4 for the fight...