IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

20 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Yes mate, have I told you how good Ohara Davies is?

Absolutely, I never imagined that Selby could box so poorly, excellent as Warrington was.

Warrington v Frampton a likely fight?

Fury's next opponent announced as a Eastern European cruiser weight basically, Sefer Seferi. Never heard of him but apparently he once fought, and lost, to Manuel Charr.

So are we expecting Tyson to come out and do an Amir Khan by achieving a 30 second KO, or can we expect 5-6 rounds of him showcasing his skills whilst getting rid of ring rust?

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

The state of Mason Cartwright after his fight on Saturday, ow! You wouldn't fancy a packet of salt and vinegar crisps after that lot haha!

Warning- very graphic and gory

Did he win?!

• Haha 2

Well that didn't last long. Poor McDonnell got destroyed in 1 minute and 50 seconds.

Inoue is frightening, but McDonnell looked like he was dangerously dehydrated to make the weight.

edit- apparently he put on 26lbs after the weigh in, wtaf.

Edited by Stortz

Very sad to hear of Dean's passing. A lovely chap and great fighter I had the pleasure of seeing live multiple times. His wife Ghalia was also very pleasant.

To steal a quote from Calzaghe, arguably one of Britain's best boxers to never win a world title. Sadly hampered by injuries but still did well at different weight classes to win British, Commonwealth, European and Intercontinental titles.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Stortz said:

RIP Brendan Ingle.

A sad day for Sheffield @Owl Visiting.

Edit- shit, just saw Dean Francis has died too. RIP Dean.

Very sad. Did loads for the community in a really tough area, must have taken some serious balls to round up the local trouble makers back in the day and get them in the gym.

Love how respected Sheffield is as a boxing city and that is almost entirely down to him, great to see the gym is still thriving with his sons and BJ Saunders seems to really like it up here. 

RIP

• Like 2

On 23/05/2018 at 10:09, Stortz said:

The state of Mason Cartwright after his fight on Saturday, ow! You wouldn't fancy a packet of salt and vinegar crisps after that lot haha!

Warning- very graphic and gory

He was on the nhs special thing they done all this week getting stitched up,his mother is a right sexy thing by the way

On 29/05/2018 at 22:32, B1ackbird said:

I'm with Stortz on this, it's Cs's time to shine, he has to take this chance... 

I'm a lot less confident than I was before their last fights mate. You do wonder if Groves's shoulder can hold up again though, I still think Mundo is going to be too strong for him.

Speaking of shoulders, it turns out Loma fought most of the Linares fight with a torn labrum, he's out until December - which makes the Mikey fight pretty unlikely sadly. It makes his performance v Jorge even more incredible imo

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, yardy said:

I see Billy Joe Saunders has pulled out of the fight with Martin Murray because of injury, or maybe a better offer from Canelo or GGG?

You would hope not after he pulled out once already.. 

Edited by B1ackbird

On 03/06/2018 at 17:47, yardy said:

I see Billy Joe Saunders has pulled out of the fight with Martin Murray because of injury, or maybe a better offer from Canelo or GGG?

Saunders shouldnt be allowed to get away with it again. He will get smashed by Canelo or GGG

8 hours ago, Super said:

Saunders shouldnt be allowed to get away with it again. He will get smashed by Canelo or GGG

Not great from BJS but it’s the fight most of us would prefer to see. 

Gotta feel for Murray doing two training camps for **** all. 

Still think BJS style is all wrong for Canelo but GGG is a different beast. 

• Like 1

On 05/06/2018 at 06:03, Carey 6 said:

Not great from BJS but it’s the fight most of us would prefer to see. 

Gotta feel for Murray doing two training camps for **** all. 

Still think BJS style is all wrong for Canelo but GGG is a different beast. 

Agree with this- although i would say father time is starting to catch up with Gennady too. I don't think it's possible to knock him out but the reflexes are starting to slow down a bit. BJS would be a very awkward fight for him- although I would love to see Saunders get ktfo by GGG, especially after the shite he's been spouting about Murray in the last couple of days.

All the reports today are that Golden Boy have walked from the GGG Canelo 2 negotiations, so we will see if BJS fights one of them in September. I reckon Clenelo will probably go for the significantly easier fight with Spike O'Sullivan tbh. I guess it depends whether Saunders has the balls to back up his gob and fancies a pop at Gennady, because the latter surely wants his last MW belt!

NXTGEN from the York Hall tonight chaps, Okolie Watkins should be good, and the British debut of Daniyar Yeleussinov too.

• Like 1