IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Think it’s the right result even tho it’s bloody hard to swallow 

I can't argue against it mate, unlike the first one! If this fight had happened when it should have around 4 years ago I think it would have been a different story.

I will bid you all a very good morning!

• Like 1

Just watched it now having avoided the result, was too knackered to stay up.

GGG was never getting that decision, although you could make a genuine case for any of the 3 outcomes depending on how you saw it. Talk of another rematch though if I was GGG I wouldn't be having anything to do with it unless it was in deepest Kazakhstan. 

Controversial but I felt Canelo knicked it, even despite Compubox saying GGG landed more.

Judges can award points for aggression. Canelo was on the front foot the whole fight and landed some impressive power punches. GGG, whilst jabbing effectively, didn't look as impressive. 

People on social media screaming 'Robbery' are just plain wrong. The first fight arguably so, but this fight, certain rounds, including the 12th, could easily be given either way.

Is a third fight inevitable? I hope so. Nobody wants to see Canelo v Lemieux. And at 36yrs old, GGG doesn't want to fight Billy Joe Saunders to miss out on a multi million pound pay day before retirement by fighting Alvarez a third time.

Edited by Undy English

17 hours ago, bend it like brian said:

Billy Joe: how much do you want this Crack? 

Women : A lot.

Billy Joe: Would you support Bristol Rovers for it? 

Woman: **** off.. 

Edited by B1ackbird

1 hour ago, daored said:

Fury v Wilder fight promotion begins on Monday !!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/boxing/45555254

Still no date, venue, officials or financing agreed though. It's exactly what Wilder's team wanted to do to AJ; they're hawking them around the place hoping to raise the money from someone to stage the fight.

Edited by Stortz

20 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Still no date, venue, officials or financing agreed though. Its exactly what Wilder's team wanted to do to AJ; they're hawking them around the place hoping to raise the money from someone to stage the fight.

I don’t doubt you, I’m sure come Monday the announcement will be delayed 

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

I don't see it but if he caught Joshua with a clean one he might be the only other person than Wilder who could leave him on the Canvas.  I reckon RMc will have a plan a bit like Parker where AJ will just use his jab and go the 12.

You don't see it being a thriller then Tom?!

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

I don't see it but if he caught Joshua with a clean one he might be the only other person than Wilder who could leave him on the Canvas.  I reckon RMc will have a plan a bit like Parker where AJ will just use his jab and go the 12.

I get the impression AJ will want the k/o, he’s been criticised for a ‘negative approach’ against Parker. If the Wilder fight happens I can see AJ being happy with a points win, but Saturday I think he wants the K/O

• Like 1