IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

1 minute ago, Owl Visiting said:

Watching a DAZN stream. That Sergio Mora is one of the commentators,  The Latin Snake from the first series of The Contender if anyone remembers that?

Think i watched every episode and the final, was it ITV that gave away the final result before it had even finished.....whoever the broadcaster was had a complaint from me and i received a written apology

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, yardy said:

Think i watched every episode and the final, was it ITV that gave away the final result before it had even finished.....whoever the broadcaster was had a complaint from me and i received a written apology

Yeah, I seem to remember something about that. I definitely knew who'd won it before it happened. Loved how they edited each fight to make it like a Rocky film.

Yeah, I seem to remember something about that. I definitely knew who'd won it before it happened. Loved how they edited each fight to make it like a Rocky film.

I was gutted mate, to watch the whole series then have have the result given to you before the fight even started (i think) was a total disaster.....must have been a good 6 weeks of episodes for that to happen....

4 minutes ago, yardy said:

I was gutted mate, to watch the whole series then have have the result given to you before the fight even started (i think) was a total disaster.....must have been a good 6 weeks of episodes for that to happen....

I was hooked after the first fight between tournament favourite Peter Manfredo jr and Alfonso Gomez I think his name was? Gomez looked like he had no chance before the fight but got a shock win.

Manfredo was allowed back in due to someone pulling out and made the final if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

I was hooked after the first fight between tournament favourite Peter Manfredo jr and Alfonso Gomez I think his name was? Gomez looked like he had no chance before the fight but got a shock win.

Manfredo was allowed back in due to someone pulling out and made the final if I remember correctly.

Sounds spot on mate, think those 2 and obviously Mora made the pro game.....also heard that the Contender is coming back this year

5 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Last guy to beat Lom? 

Technically not right as I believe Lomachenko lost as a pro? This guy is named Albert Selimov and he was the only bloke to beat Lomachenko in his 396 amateur fights. Good story to tell the lads down the pub tbf!!

Footnote: Lomachenko went on to beat him twice after the defeat!! 

• Like 1