Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

joe jordans teeth

The Boxing Thread

Recommended Posts

That's harsh on Hunter, close fight but you could score the rounds pretty clearly as they were "well won". Russian judge scoring it for Povetkin- well there's a surprise !!

Not sure Hunter has the physique or power to trouble any of the top heavyweights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bellew an ex world champion boxer doesn't understand how scoring works!

He said he had it 115-113 to Hunter. But the 4th round was close, so even if you give Povetkin that round it is still 115-114 to Hunter...umm, no Tony it'd be 114-114 then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Bellew an ex world champion boxer doesn't understand how scoring works!

He said he had it 115-113 to Hunter. But the 4th round was close, so even if you give Povetkin that round it is still 115-114 to Hunter...umm, no Tony it'd be 114-114 then.

Tbf he’s took some punches to the nut in his lifetime 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Must be a replay mate. I'm watching box office and there's been no fight after Povetkin/Hunter

Yes there is - 4 rounder 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Must be a replay mate. I'm watching box office and there's been no fight after Povetkin/Hunter

I think it was live, Sky just choose not to show the unscheduled fights for some reason. You can sometimes see them going off in the background whilst they're doing analysis.

Edited by Owl Visiting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Redpool said:

You’d have to say Joshua has to win by KO to save his career. Win by points, still won’t be enough credibility 

If he loses, career over. 

Why would it be career over? He'd fight a couple of easy fights and then have a big name again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JonDolman said:

Why would it be career over? He'd fight a couple of easy fights and then have a big name again.

He wouldn’t get those big fights again. Think Joshua would also walk away after tonight if he did lose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Redpool said:

He wouldn’t get those big fights again. Think Joshua would also walk away after tonight if he did lose. 

He'd still be a huge name, so I bet he'd get all the big names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

AJ looks nervous again to me. 

 

He must know that this is it, if he doesn’t win, that would take some nerves of steel not to let that affect you in some way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He'd still be a huge name, so I bet he'd get all the big names.

Yeah..he wouldn’t. Sorry, it’s how it works in boxing. Top fighters wouldn’t want to fight a bum. That’s how they would describe it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Redpool said:

Yeah..he wouldn’t. Sorry, it’s how it works in boxing. Top fighters wouldn’t want to fight a bum. That’s how they would describe it. 

No need to apologise. But I think you're wrong as AJ losing to a guy twice does not make him a bum. And you are comparing him to other normal boxers who are not such huge names. AJ is a huge name who would still generate loads of money whoever fought him, so of course people would want to fight him. If he was David Price then you're right, but he isn't.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

No need to apologise. But I think you're wrong as AJ losing to a guy twice does not make him a bum. And you are comparing him to other normal boxers who are not such huge names. AJ is a huge name who would still generate loads of money whoever fought him, so of course people would want to fight him. If he was David Price then you're right, but he isn't.

We’ll see after this fight :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joshua boxing well. Clearly Ruiz is very dangerous and doesn't look affected by any power shots in earlier rounds. Incredible chin he has.

Joshua just needs to keep doing this. Jab, hold whenever they get at all close.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very much boxing clever. And as soon as Ruiz got close Joshua grasped him and stemmed his attack. 

He still got hit mind, and against Wilder I just cannot see him winning unless he goes toe to toe and goes for a knockout from the bell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Very much boxing clever. And as soon as Ruiz got close Joshua grasped him and stemmed his attack. 

He still got hit mind, and against Wilder I just cannot see him winning unless he goes toe to toe and goes for a knockout from the bell.

AJ has better boxing skills than Wilder imo. If AJ catches Wilder coming in then who knows. Lets not forget how powerful AJ is. Ruiz just has an amazing chin which I am not sure Wilder has.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...