IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

4 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Absolutely, still learning on the job, but that will have done him more good than the Takam and Parker fights combined.

He is an accumulative puncher rather than a ko artist, but you can see him growing as a boxer by the fight.

Astounding to think, like you say and he often admits, he's still learning on the job and developing, yet at the same time he is beating every guy he faces.  Apart from Wilder and Fury, there aren't any other heavyweights who can trouble him (and I don't even see Fury causing him trouble).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Don't think so, he has just booked a date at Wembley in April imo.

Agree, did you see Barry Hearn say the Willder fight could be worth twice as much in 2 years time? As disappointing as it would be it's probably true. Wilder and Fury look like they might be the only two mega fights left for him. That could become 1 after December the 1st as well. I could see Fury calling it a day if he loses.

56 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Joshua ain’t all that. What’s he really done? Bear a mug to win his first belt then struggled to beat a old Klit then got taken 12 rounds by Parker.

Fury is the true champ and give it 8 months or so and he will hold all the belts.

Christ you been eating the meat as well 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Depends which Fury turns up. Fury in his prime wins 

Personally I doubt we'll ever see 'prime Fury' again after his cocaine exploits in the south of France at the Euros and his extended break from boxing. He ain't knocking AJ out so the only way he's winning is if he manages to dodge AJs bombs all night, which is unlikely. As we saw tonight, once he lands you're gone.

Wilder is the more exciting fight. And I say that as someone who loved the way Fury danced to victory against Vlad.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, daored said:

@Stortz, @joe jordans teeth , @Owl Visiting

You all have knowledge who does AJ fight in April ? Winner of Wilder v Fury (if happens) or Whyte?

I agree with what Stortz posted earlier, think it'll be Whyte. Think the Wilder fight is going to come a bit further down the road. 

If Fury beats Wilder though that could change things. 

14 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Anyone know why AJ was holding up 5 belts at the end? 

Are you not taking the mighty IBO belt seriously?! I thought better of you Tom.

6 minutes ago, daored said:

You all have knowledge who does AJ fight in April ? Winner of Wilder v Fury (if happens) or Whyte?

A tenner says it's Whyte.

The undercard will have to be a lot better than tonight though tbh.

Edited by Stortz
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, daored said:

I wouldn’t of thought it would be wilder or fury seeing as they are fighting December and then you have to get the deal done so it wouldn’t happen in April,my guess is it will be the winner out of whyte and chisora 

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

On to Friday and groves smith,who you fancy @Stortz @Owl Visiting ,always thought smith myself but after his last performance I’m not so sure but will be a good un 

I'm the same mate, always tought Callum would have far too much for Groves physically, but their recent performances make me less sure.

Groves is one battle hardened ginger bastard, but I wonder if his body can stay together in such an examination.

Mundo by sd.

36 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Will the Wilder Fury fight happen though. I predict it won't

They keep saying so, seemed unlikely initially but yeah I think it will now.

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

On to Friday and groves smith,who you fancy @Stortz @Owl Visiting ,always thought smith myself but after his last performance I’m not so sure but will be a good un 

I'm going to go for a mini upset and pick Groves. Think his experience in these big fights might be the difference. Going for him to win a tight points decision. 

2 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

They keep saying so, seemed unlikely initially but yeah I think it will now.

I'm going to go for a mini upset and pick Groves. Think his experience in these big fights might be the difference. Going for him to win a tight points decision. 

I don't think it'd be even a mini upset mate, It's a genuine 50/50 imo!

I'm slightly favouring Mundo because of his freakish frame and strength at the weight, but there is no doubt that Groves is just as likely to dig out a result.

It's going to be a great fight! If only it was being fought in the atmosphere it deserves.

Agree with stortz that it wouldn’t be a upset if groves won because as you said owl he has the experience and has fought top level fighters and should imagine he will be the favourite,end of the day none of us know what we are talking about ? but if I was a betting man I would bet both your houses on a groves win

7 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Haha no but that’s still only four. Why five? Not picked up the IBA as well has he ?

You're right, it's a bit mysterious then. I know the WBO were making him 'super champion' if he won, maybe they gave him an extra belt for that, in addition to their 'regular' heavyweight crown?

1 minute ago, Odysseus said:

Who will Joshua face next? I wouldn’t mind seeing him and Whyte fight Miller and Ortiz. Judging by tonight’s card and Joshua’s new contract maybe that’s unlikely now :fear:

Sounds like Whyte as Wilder v Fury may have a rematch clause.