IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

2 hours ago, Undy English said:

Personally feel that Whyte desevres a second chance. He rattled Joshua in their first encounter and has improved massively since then, claiming some notable scalps.

Reckon AJ has improved more though although I agree Whyte has improved.

52 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

Rumours going around that BJS has failed a drugs test ??‍♂️ He’s meant to be defending his title in October, what a moron if true. He’s one of the most outspoken fighters that I’ve heard when it comes to drugs cheats too.

Shame, I was looking forward to the Andrade fight.

He is utter scum.

Billie jos and fury both failed tests and they both look like they train down the pub. Drugs are rife in boxing as the testing not as stringent as in other sports imo. I've heard plenty of rumours about cutting weight etc. Most of them just know how to pass and about the timing of when to take stuff.

I do love boxing though don't want to knock it. Just don't trust a lot of what I'm seeing.

Big one between Groves and Smith this weekend on ITV Box Office. Such a shame the fight has had limited news coverage, due to it being held in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

Who's everyone's money on, as it's very close? Smith got the height and reach advantage, but his first time fighting a 'proper' big/world class name.

As for Groves, been looking great under McGuigan, but I worry he's returned too soon after the shoulder injury.

Personally I see something happening injury wise with the shoulder and Groves retiring mid-way through the bout.

If not, I hope the Saint nicks the points victory.