IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

30 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Lost £2m but will probably make £20m on the rematch! 

No way does McGregor want a bar of that, he was completely overwhelmed. Khabib mauled him.

29 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Having seen their work first hand in Marseille two years ago, it's simple, do not **** with the Ruskis! !

Haha definitely- I reckon Dutch courage got a fair few Irish lads a decent hiding last night!

41 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Fair play to Callum, he gave it a real go. I think he'll regret not jumping on Beterbiev after the KD, he was seriously wobbly.

As for the UFC the fight itself was entirely predictable but the stuff after was mental. Khabib has lost $2m dollars for that little display haha.

You wouldn't have fancied being a rozzer in Vegas last night! It looks like the Irish were getting served by the Russians outside the octagon too

More irish got a hiding looking at that!

3 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Dunno I thought he’d never fight Diaz again after the loss but he proved many wrong. If the money is right I’m sure he will. 

The difference is massive though, the first Diaz fight was incredibly competitive. Last night Khabib rag dolled him about the place whenever he fancied it.

10 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It was certainly worth staying up for,going to kip now and wake up to see the city give @Owl Visiting team a good stuffing ?

FFS JJT!

Fair play @Owl Visiting.

1 minute ago, Stortz said:

The difference is massive though, the first Diaz fight was incredibly competitive. Last night Khabib rag dolled him about the place whenever he fancied it.

FFS JJT!

Fair play @Owl Visiting.

Thanks Stortz, I've ran out of reactions today due to the boxing last night. Pleased with the win obviously, couldn't find a stream today so had to settle for the radio. Was it deserved? 

2 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Thanks Stortz, I've ran out of reactions today due to the boxing last night. Pleased with the win obviously, couldn't find a stream today so had to settle for the radio. Was it deserved? 

Second half absolutely , we huffed and puffed first half

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

I was impressed by you're fans today, definitely noisier than those blades cheese nutty lot and that's even before you started winning. 

We should have been out of sight by half time though imo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Owl Visiting said:

Thanks chaps. 

Just read McGregor wants a rematch, laughable that anyone would think he deserves one. All due to that nonsense afterwards and nothing else. It'll happen of course as the interest is now even higher and the money it'll generate will be enormous. 

Really?! He was more in the fight v the 2 random Dagistanis after than the bell than the 20 minutes before it haha.

Regarding today, as @Dylan said we should have been out of sight well before half time. You took your chances well enough then saw out our belated pressure. I wish Bannan played for us! Hope the injury isn't serious for your sakes, because he is some player.

• Like 1

McGregory is a huge draw still, even though he's not the best fighter out there. His personality just sells fights and they become massive shows, with the Sinead O'Connor music and all the plastic paddy getting hard on's over him.

Since he sold out fighting mayweather, I now tune in to see him get beaten. That's a good thing for a fighter though because you're watching either way and he's getting paid, not that he needs it.

What I will say and much admiration for him that he doesn't duck any challenges, worth 100m and still getting in there taking on the best.

19 hours ago, Stortz said:

No way does McGregor want a bar of that, he was completely overwhelmed. Khabib mauled him.

Haha definitely- I reckon Dutch courage got a fair few Irish lads a decent hiding last night!

My interest in UFC has been very limited in the past, last night I watched every fight and really enjoyed it, like a real version of wrestling.

All the fights were really good but the main fight was extremely boring, watching Khabib just hold McGregor for 5 minutes at a time was ridiculously boring and it ruined the fight. McGregor could have done a lot better in avoiding getting into those holds imo. When there was actually some boxing you can't say McGregor got mauled. 

It was an effective tactic from Khabib for which McGregor had no comeback, Connor looked pretty helpless at times and kept looking at the ref in a way where he was crying for help. 

Khabib deserved the victory and he would have deserves all the plaudits however after what happened after his victory is very hollow and tainted. Now instead of everyone talking about his victory the talk is all about how McGregor is the victim and how well he handled the disgusting scenes and acted respectfully. Now people look upon Connor as the winner.

I've heard a lot about how Khabib is a religious guy etc etc and how insulting his religion somehow makes his actions ok, I'm sorry but it simply doesn't, how is it ok to act like that and assault someone just because of something someone has said? Khabib is just a animal who victory wasn't enough for him, he couldn't control himself and that's why to me, he comes out of this as a loser. For him to then kick up a fuss about not being given the belt was laughable.

9 hours ago, Up The City! said:

My interest in UFC has been very limited in the past, last night I watched every fight and really enjoyed it, like a real version of wrestling.

All the fights were really good but the main fight was extremely boring, watching Khabib just hold McGregor for 5 minutes at a time was ridiculously boring and it ruined the fight. McGregor could have done a lot better in avoiding getting into those holds imo. When there was actually some boxing you can't say McGregor got mauled.

But it was an MMA match, not a boxing match, and he got mauled. Don't just take my word for it:

Also I think you're painting McGregor as the innocent party far too much, he injured several fighters lobbing that trolley through the bus window in April (with zero punishment from the UFC) and acted like a complete tosser in the build up. He called Khabib a 'backwards ****' for refusing to drink whiskey at a presser although he knows he is a devout Muslim, called his manager a terrorist and his dad a 'quivering coward' who betrayed his ethnicity by being pally with Kadyrov the Chechen dictator.

I'm not seeking to justify the cheap shots he got at the end, just saying that if you're going to keep kicking a hornet's nest, eventually you're getting stung.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Khan v Brook due to be announced in the next few days apparently. Details of date, venue and weight to follow. SSN have quoted Khan as saying Brook has agreed to 147lbs.

Really hope this is true. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if Khan has agreed to it, always thought he's never fancied it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Khan v Brook due to be announced in the next few days apparently. Details of date, venue and weight to follow. SSN have quoted Khan as saying Brook has agreed to 147lbs.

9 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Really hope this is true. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if Khan has agreed to it, always thought he's never fancied it.

Have you seen the interview with Khan, he looks completely wasted and out of it. I’ll be surprised if he remembers saying anything !!

11 hours ago, Ohbasso said:

Saunders denied his license so the Andrade fights off and Billy probably getting stripped of his belt, shame because I was looking forward to that fight but anyone that cheats needs to be punished.

Good. I hope that scumbag is kicked out of the sport.

47 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I don’t think he fancies it but he’s lost his payday v Pac-Man so the only really lucrative fight is Brook.  I hope Kel smashes him in, then they both can retire of it. 

I think Khans got to the point in his career where he's still surprisingly quick, but sooner or later will end up on his backside.

Johnny Nelson says.. I'm glad the American governing body has drawn the line and stopped this bout taking place someone could end up being killed through the miss use of drugs in our sport.

In other news, Rocky from Stocky has got himself a dream fight v Canelo, he won't be a favourite but will give his all.. 

?

5 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Alreet

Looking forward to watching Ritson like.

Howay the lads.

Evening Owl!

I reckon this could be a decent card you know. Operation White Rhino continues, Foot v Davies Jnr could be a very good fight and I enjoy watching Buatsi too.

The atmosphere will be amazing for the Geordie Golovkin too haha.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Evening Owl!

I reckon this could be a decent card you know. Operation White Rhino continues, Foot v Davies Jnr could be a very good fight and I enjoy watching Buatsi too.

The atmosphere will be amazing for the Geordie Golovkin too haha.

Evening Stortz

Looking forward to watching Allen again, missed his last few fights as he's been on too early.