IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

7 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Typical Leeds mongs at the weigh in. Bunch of scruffy gets. 

They're such a shower of ***** it's untrue. My sympathies for sharing a county with them Owl!

The WBSS cruiser semis are on Sky at the same time as this tomorrow, there should be some serious fireworks in Riga.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, B1ackbird said:

Galahad has to box clever and time him as he tries to pressure, big ask as he's looked good in his last two fights... 

Exactly mate, Galahd possibly has the skillset, but it's a hard night's work to stay away form a pressure fighter like Warrington for 12 rounds.

I must say Warrington was great against Frampton but I still massively dislike him because of the Leeds connection. Bovine ****wits, I wish they'd stay the **** away from boxing. Scum.

Edited by Stortz

Yeah, don't like it when the boxers become associated with the local football fans. I went to see Froch fight Direll a few years ago at the Trent Arena, Forest had played Newcastle that evening on Sky so was full of drunken idiot Forest fans. To make things even worse, the fight didn't start till something like 1am for the benefit of American TV audiences (Was that Super 6 or whatever it was called) people were falling over and all sorts, including one guy who managed to bounce down about 10 rows of seats. 

3 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Typical Leeds mongs at the weigh in. Bunch of scruffy gets. 

Warrington certainly appears to enjoy the attention of the Leeds fans and plays up it to. 

I’m unsure why he decides to wear a Leeds scarf across his face at every weigh in. That’s twice now at a face off he’s put the head in on ‘Barry’.

5 minutes ago, daored said:

Warrington certainly appears to enjoy the attention of the Leeds fans and plays up it to. 

I’m unsure why he decides to wear a Leeds scarf across his face at every weigh in. That’s twice now at a face off he’s put the head in on ‘Barry’.

Yeah he certainly does, saw a clip of him walking onto their pitch dressed in Stone Island.

The wally. 

11 minutes ago, daored said:

I think it's because he is a earth shatteringly stupid arsehole of the highest order tbh mate.

Good fighter though, annoyingly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Evening chaps.

I'll probably be on my own but hope Barry can pull off a shock tonight.

Not sure if I can be bothered to stay up for Tyson though, the fight hasn't interested me in the slightest.

No, I'm with you mate, I'd love to see Baz box his ears off. Unfortunatley Warrington is going to catch up with him sooner or later.

Edit Dorticos DESTROYS Tabiti in the 10th

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Evening chaps.

I'll probably be on my own but hope Barry can pull off a shock tonight.

Not sure if I can be bothered to stay up for Tyson though, the fight hasn't interested me in the slightest.

Firmly in the Warrington camp purely because Barry is a bull shitter,as for Fury I’m the same,he will bore fest his way to a win I expect so not really worth staying up

6 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

What's happened?

Briedis elbowed the Polish fella at the end of the second and decked him and the ref took a point. Then the round over ran massively and Glowacki got decked again ages after the round should have stopped. Glowacki had no time to recover between the rounds then they both ran out at the start of the 3rd going toe to toe and Briedis knocked him the **** out!

edit- the elbow

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Briedis elbowed the Polish fella at the end of the second and decked him and the ref took a point. Then the round over ran massively and Glowacki got decked again ages after the round should have stopped. Glowacki had no time to recover between the rounds then they both ran out at the start of the 3rd going toe to toe and Briedis knocked him the **** out!

edit- the elbow

That’s a shocker 

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

That’s a shocker 

Possibly the worst refereeing I've ever seen, only a point deducted for that?! Then compounds it by letting the round go on for 20 seconds too long!

The end:

Edited by Stortz
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Just caught up on the WBSS... what the hell was going on?

Surely Glowacki has a good argument that the elbow was the beginning of the end??

Absolutely crazy stuff!

Yeah, that Yank ref is absolute shite.

It says it all about the officiating for that fight that Adalaide ******* bastard Byrd was one of the judges!