IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

49 minutes ago, TomF said:

Well that’s Wilder to a tee. No boxing skills but no matter what you think of him you can’t disrespect the power.  A fully fit Fury absolute schools him, as long as he stays up right.  Bring on Feb 

He can certainly  bang, although still looks like someone's stolen his basket ball.

you've gotta love Adam Smith, if anyone can shine s*** and call it gold, it's him, Kong is in his early 70's and managed to stay outta the titty bars long enough to shed a few stone, Adam has him down as a modern day George Foreman with the punching power of Ernie Shavers.. 

• Like 1

Evening Bird, just put BT on and Tete has already lost?

Wtf is going on with the order of fights there? I'm so perplexed I'm just going to have to post Tete's uppercut of justice v Butler again

edit and now there is a man fighting dressed as a bee?

I give up.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Stortz said:

Evening Bird, just put BT on and Tete has already lost?

Wtf is going on with the order of fights there? I'm so perplexed I'm just going to have to post Tete's uppercut of justice v Butler again

edit and now there is a man fighting dressed as a bee?

I give up.

is that Anthony farnell in taylors corner with the glasses on?

17 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

Stortz.. 

What's your early thoughts about next week? If AJ can't use his physical advantages, there's no hope... 

I can't believe AJ can have made the necessary adjustments in the time he's had, unless the first fight was a complete aberration due to circumstances we're unaware of.

You can see a potential path to a points decision from the blueprint against Parker but I'm not sure Joshua can be disciplined enough not to get involved in exchanges with Ruiz at some stage, and if he does he'll get outgunned by volume and quality.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I can't believe AJ can have made the necessary adjustments in the time he's had, unless the first fight was a complete aberration due to circumstances we're unaware of.

You can see a potential path to a points decision from the blueprint against Parker but I'm not sure Joshua can be disciplined enough not to get involved in exchanges with Ruiz at some stage, and if he does he'll get outgunned by volume and quality.

Completely agree with this. Joshua would have to completely restyle his boxing ability to counteract the issues he had against Ruiz last time out. The Bunce and Costello podcast last week was interesting though, AJ appeared to hint there was something that happened in the build up to the first fight that he has corrected, but wouldn't say what. Looking forward to this fight; intriguing.

• Like 1

I have watched the re run of AJ v Ruiz, the first thing is he did look pensive (for some reason) during the ring walk, but the thing that struck me as odd was when Ruiz was floored, he didn't do what 99% of fighters do and retreat to the ropes, he fired straight back at AJ, a massive gamble.. 

Im undecided ATM about the rematch.. 

Compelling though... 

Ruiz stoppage again for me. I just think his hands are too quick on the inside and that he'll manage to get through. AJ needs to bore his way through it with his jab but I just don't think he has the discipline to do it over 12 rounds. 

There's an interesting documentary on Iplayer currently that goes through the first fight. Worth a watch. 

Can't wait for Saturday. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Super said:

Ringwalk at 8.45. Only good thing with it being in SA!

Not so good for people making their way back from Fulham, my train doesn't get back to Temple Meads until gone 8!

2 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Ruiz stoppage again for me. I just think his hands are too quick on the inside and that he'll manage to get through. AJ needs to bore his way through it with his jab but I just don't think he has the discipline to do it over 12 rounds. 

There's an interesting documentary on Iplayer currently that goes through the first fight. Worth a watch. 

Can't wait for Saturday. 

Good to see you Owl, hope you've been well.

• Like 1