Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

The Boxing Thread


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Isn’t that what he just did,with all due respect very harsh mate

Always respect your point of view mate.

The difference for me is that Brook fought on for multiple rounds with the sort of injury that Dubois ended up with and actually still tried to take the fight to a bogeyman from several weight classes up.

I think the reaction of Frampton and Haye spoke volumes, but I can see your point too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Always respect your point of view mate.

The difference for me is that Brook fought on for multiple rounds with the sort of injury that Dubois ended up with and actually still tried to take the fight to a bogeyman from several weight classes up.

I think the reaction of Frampton and Haye spoke volumes, but I can see your point too.

We don’t know when Dubois got the injury,he could of had it from the 3rd round when it really swelled up bad,as for bad toe Haye he can carry on talking crap when he’s never had a injury like that 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Can’t help my reaction to this sort of comment being unless you’ve been in there with a 6’6 ******* monster with a jab that’s broken your orbital bone I don’t think you can give him stick for quitting

To be fair both the pros ringside did straight away 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/11/2020 at 01:39, joe jordans teeth said:

We don’t know when Dubois got the injury,he could of had it from the 3rd round when it really swelled up bad,as for bad toe Haye he can carry on talking crap when he’s never had a injury like that 

Hmm, I'll give you the toe, but remember when he fought Bellew and carried on after rupturing his achilles mate? He could barely stand up and still tried to knock Bellew out rather than quitting.

Maybe I was a bit harsh on Dubois, but if you go into a fight chatting that much breeze, then you'd better back it up!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ffs...

Evander Holyfield vs. Glenn McCrory is ‘’verbally agreed’’ to take place, with the fight targeted to happen in April at the O2 Arena in London. The fight would see former Cruiserweight & Heavyweight World champion Holyfield take on former Cruiserweight World champion McCrory; with YouTuber Jake Paul being lined up to fight on the undercard. Fellow YouTuber Joe Weller has also been mentioned for a possible undercard slot. The fight would reportedly be promoted by Bare Knuckle Boxing company, but gloves would be used in Holyfield vs. McCrory. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TomF said:

So Billy Joe's annual 'tune up' fight this weekend.  At least its not on PPV..

I feel like he's wasted his career with inactivity. Covid obviously not helped. I think he's going to end up as one of those fighters where he retires without us really knowing how good he could've been.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I feel like he's wasted his career with inactivity. Covid obviously not helped. I think he's going to end up as one of those fighters where he retires without us really knowing how good he could've been.

He was inactive before covid to be honest when it comes to fighting top level,he’s probably the best technician out there but is his heart really in it

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He was inactive before covid to be honest when it comes to fighting top level,he’s probably the best technician out there but is his heart really in it

Yes I know, been a theme of his career really. He's not a massive draw despite his obvious talent which has had an impact. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

looking good against a old ageing boxer,just waiting for the “I will beat everyone “speech afterwards,big fan of his but it’s repetitive and he never does 

 

So frustrating- his movement, the feints, the quick two punch combos. It’s absolutely beautiful. He really could be one of the best if he could be arsed 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So would I but obviously Callum had the nuts to to fight Canelo so that won’t happen anytime soon,maybe Billy Joe can fight Johnny Nelson next to keep him ticking over 

Then he’ll want to fight Eubank afterwards. Senior that is. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...