Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

15 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Isn’t that what he just did,with all due respect very harsh mate

Always respect your point of view mate.

The difference for me is that Brook fought on for multiple rounds with the sort of injury that Dubois ended up with and actually still tried to take the fight to a bogeyman from several weight classes up.

I think the reaction of Frampton and Haye spoke volumes, but I can see your point too.

8 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Always respect your point of view mate.

The difference for me is that Brook fought on for multiple rounds with the sort of injury that Dubois ended up with and actually still tried to take the fight to a bogeyman from several weight classes up.

I think the reaction of Frampton and Haye spoke volumes, but I can see your point too.

We don’t know when Dubois got the injury,he could of had it from the 3rd round when it really swelled up bad,as for bad toe Haye he can carry on talking crap when he’s never had a injury like that 

28 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Can’t help my reaction to this sort of comment being unless you’ve been in there with a 6’6 ******* monster with a jab that’s broken your orbital bone I don’t think you can give him stick for quitting

To be fair both the pros ringside did straight away 

• Like 1
On 29/11/2020 at 01:39, joe jordans teeth said:

We don’t know when Dubois got the injury,he could of had it from the 3rd round when it really swelled up bad,as for bad toe Haye he can carry on talking crap when he’s never had a injury like that 

Hmm, I'll give you the toe, but remember when he fought Bellew and carried on after rupturing his achilles mate? He could barely stand up and still tried to knock Bellew out rather than quitting.

Maybe I was a bit harsh on Dubois, but if you go into a fight chatting that much breeze, then you'd better back it up!

Ffs...

Evander Holyfield vs. Glenn McCrory is ‘’verbally agreed’’ to take place, with the fight targeted to happen in April at the O2 Arena in London. The fight would see former Cruiserweight & Heavyweight World champion Holyfield take on former Cruiserweight World champion McCrory; with YouTuber Jake Paul being lined up to fight on the undercard. Fellow YouTuber Joe Weller has also been mentioned for a possible undercard slot. The fight would reportedly be promoted by Bare Knuckle Boxing company, but gloves would be used in Holyfield vs. McCrory. 

5 hours ago, TomF said:

So Billy Joe's annual 'tune up' fight this weekend.  At least its not on PPV..

I feel like he's wasted his career with inactivity. Covid obviously not helped. I think he's going to end up as one of those fighters where he retires without us really knowing how good he could've been.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I feel like he's wasted his career with inactivity. Covid obviously not helped. I think he's going to end up as one of those fighters where he retires without us really knowing how good he could've been.

He was inactive before covid to be honest when it comes to fighting top level,he’s probably the best technician out there but is his heart really in it

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He was inactive before covid to be honest when it comes to fighting top level,he’s probably the best technician out there but is his heart really in it

Yes I know, been a theme of his career really. He's not a massive draw despite his obvious talent which has had an impact. 

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

looking good against a old ageing boxer,just waiting for the “I will beat everyone “speech afterwards,big fan of his but it’s repetitive and he never does 

So frustrating- his movement, the feints, the quick two punch combos. It’s absolutely beautiful. He really could be one of the best if he could be arsed 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So would I but obviously Callum had the nuts to to fight Canelo so that won’t happen anytime soon,maybe Billy Joe can fight Johnny Nelson next to keep him ticking over 

Then he’ll want to fight Eubank afterwards. Senior that is. 

• Haha 1