Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

3 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

Alright Stortz, Reminds me of Valuev.. 😏 

Will watch Canelo on Sunday morning. 

Fair play to him for staying active. 

Yes mate, big bugger wasn't he. Great that his name is Julius Long!

Will be watching Canelo in the morning for sure, beyond Saunders though it's hard to see where he goes for the next big fight-unless he fancies Beterbiev haha.

8 hours ago, Stortz said:

Yes mate, big bugger wasn't he. Great that his name is Julius Long!

Will be watching Canelo in the morning for sure, beyond Saunders though it's hard to see where he goes for the next big fight-unless he fancies Beterbiev haha.

Easy work Alvarez.  Almost call it a tune up.  Will the real BJS turn up against him? Either way I just think Canello will win on points at very worst 

On 28/02/2021 at 08:08, TomF said:

Easy work Alvarez.  Almost call it a tune up.  Will the real BJS turn up against him? Either way I just think Canello will win on points at very worst 

Yes, I can't see that Saunders can bring anything Canelo hasn't seen before tbh. If you've been in with Mayweather, Billy Joe's ring IQ and speed is hardly intimidating.

Great news this evening that Josh Taylor gets a shot at being the first British undisputed champion in the 4 belt era

What a ******* fight!

Josh is bringing it home imo.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Shocked to hear this....really was a golden era of boxing. RIP Marvin Hagler.

Definitely. I'm not quite sure how the **** Marvin Hagler can be dead he was so tough. An absolute king.

Properly gutted.

• Like 4

Marvin Hagler, the man who inspired me to start boxing as a feisty young boy, the man I wanted to beat to be World Champion, the man who was denied a proper ring celebration when he beat Minter to a pulp to win the Championship by the idiotic London crowd, the man who served up the most brutal fight with Tommy Hearns in Middleweight history. Rest in Peace Sir, my hero, my inspiration, the best, thankyou for everything x

• Like 2
  • Flames 3
2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

The best I ever saw. I was gutted when he beat Alan Minter, he actually battered him, many years ago but he proved to be at a different level.

R.I.P Champ.

Minter was my hero up to that point, I wish I had never met him later in life though, ruined my perception

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Wouldnt  watch it if they had it in my back garden

Fury is the best of a very average bunch 

You might make quite a bit of money though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, big dosser said:

fury should give aj a lesson but as we know in the heavyweight world of boxing it can take one punch.aj for me is a poor frank Bruno to robotic with a week chin. Fury will have him chasing shadows.

I dont buy this weak chin nonsense. 

49 minutes ago, Super said:

I dont buy this weak chin nonsense. 

No I agree, its a bit unfair tag. It all seems to be based on one 'wobble' against Whyte.  After that he went on to take some shots from Vlad that would put most to sleep. 

Technically Fury is miles better, but if AJ unloads some of those undercuts (and I appreciate it will be much harder for him to land with Fury's defence) then it really could be a toss up.

Hoping for an all out war but I expect Fury to dance around the ring and win on points

Bellew is convinced that AJ will jump on Fury because he doesn't care what's coming back, well, given the outcome last time he stood toe to toe with Ronald McDonald's biggest fan, probably not the wisest move.... 

• Like 1