IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

17 minutes ago, TomF said:

Old frank will be happy 

Jeebus, i dread to think what the PPV will be! £35 minimum you'd think. At the rate we're used to paying, it'd need to do around 1.6 million buys to break even ffs.

This fight has no major market in the States imo, none of the casuals there have a clue who Dillian is.

Edited by Stortz

13 hours ago, TomF said:

Yeah in a way Hearn will be laughing if it bankrupts old fish eyes. Imagine Bob has had to chip in a fair wedge 

The winning joint bid from Frank and TR was $41,025,000, so I'm presuming that Queensbury contributed the $25k hahaha.

Whyte's laughing all the way to the bank too of course- to be paid this much on a 20% split is quite literally unparalleled.

35 minutes ago, TomF said:

I can’t begrudge Whyte getting a decent payday though. He’s done everything the WBC have asked of him and then some.

I reckon it’ll sell well with right venue purely on basis of Fury having a good fan base and not having a decent fight in the UK for about 3 million years. 

Definitely, he's been dicked about for years.

I'm sure it'd sell out any stadium in the country in no time at all tbh.

Edited by Stortz

22 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

Tomorrow the end of (near dry) January, ( for boxing anyway) plenty of cards from now on, Ryder v Jacobs, among others in February...

Hurrah.

I'm already looking forward to seeing Eubank Jnr unleash pointless 38 punch combinations on Saturday mate!

• Haha 1

On 30/01/2022 at 00:46, TomF said:

Milstad in April makes sense - if it’s pissing down close the roof.  Still get 80k in, probs at min £50-60 a pop 

Sounds a good price. I paid close to 1000 $ Australian to watch fury wilder 2 in vegas.. was a lot compared to about 200$ US i paid for the first fight in LA. 

Saying that it was a great experience that I don't regret at all.

On 03/02/2022 at 14:15, Stortz said:

This fight will sell out any stadium in the country in a matter of hours imo.

Very strange we've still to hear a peep from Dillian about it yet though- and no contracts have been signed.

Possibly to do with Dillian's arbitration? Probably a lawyer telling him to keep quiet. Deadline to sign contracts still a few weeks away. Can't believe this won't happen with all the money involved. 

Is Eubank fight on Sky Sports tomorrow? One channel I don't bloody have anymore. 

25 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Possibly to do with Dillian's arbitration? Probably a lawyer telling him to keep quiet. Deadline to sign contracts still a few weeks away. Can't believe this won't happen with all the money involved. 

Is Eubank fight on Sky Sports tomorrow? One channel I don't bloody have anymore. 

Yeah, Hearn said in today's IFL interview that the arbitration's ongoing and that they've not seen a contract yet, so Whyte still massively doubts it'll even take place and is saying nothing until it's all signed. A fair enough position to take.

Yes it's Sky Sports Main Event. Otto Wallin and Claressa Shields are on the bill as well as Daniel Dubois' sister Caroline.

Edited by Stortz
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TomF said:

Surely its shit or bust for Jr tonight. Loose and he's destined to leisure centre fights throwing 350 combo punches against dustbin men? 

I think it'll be a decent fight actually but expect Jnr to win a clear points decision. He's levels above Williams, fully committed though Liam will no doubt be.

32 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I think it'll be a decent fight actually but expect Jnr to win a clear points decision. He's levels above Williams, fully committed though Liam will no doubt be.

Evening, agree think it’ll be a decent fight. Fancy Williams - a lot of pressure on jnr losses to him and his inflated ego and dreams of GGG and belts are gone. Crowd will be against him and Williams has got under his skin 

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

It’s a fight where I couldn’t care who wins,both knobheads and never going to claim a major belt unless it falls in their lap,should be entertaining for a few rounds before Eubanks flattens him

1 hour ago, daored said:

Evening, agree think it’ll be a decent fight. Fancy Williams - a lot of pressure on jnr losses to him and his inflated ego and dreams of GGG and belts are gone. Crowd will be against him and Williams has got under his skin 

Evening mate, I hope you and the family are well!

I would love for you to be right and Chris to catch a hiding but I think he's just too smart for Williams. It could be a really interesting clash of styles but Liam's predictable movement will be his downfall imo.

18 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s a fight where I couldn’t care who wins,both knobheads and never going to claim a major belt unless it falls in their lap,should be entertaining for a few rounds before Eubanks flattens him

Evening JJT!

Wallin fighting now

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1MYxNnzdvQZxw

17 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Evening mate, I hope you and the family are well!

I would love for you to be right and Chris to catch a hiding but I think he's just too smart for Williams. It could be a really interesting clash of styles but Liam's predictable movement will be his downfall imo.

Evening JJT!

Wallin fighting now

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1MYxNnzdvQZxw

All good cheers, meant to go to Blackpool today but tested positive for covid! 

4 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Great mate, I've got COVID light ATM, dosed up with paracetamol..

?

It seems to be near impossible to avoid at the moment. Hope you and @daored are fully recovered asap.

1 minute ago, TomF said:

Kinell looks like he’s got some good pure stuff in for tonight. 

Nice to have some boxing to watch at last.. 

Direct from Bogotá mate!