IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

32 minutes ago, TomF said:

It’s a boxing wide issue too.  After the first GGG/Canelo fight nothing was done.. after the first Wilder/Fury fight nothing was done.. nothing is ever done about it. 

Maybe they should have 5 judges and the two outliners are removed? 

Think you’ll still get it. 
Think the only way you stop it, is by punishing judges… but that’s also hard because it’s subjective - the judges could claim they liked the fact that Taylor was being aggressive, for example. 

Edited by Riaz

On 28/02/2022 at 19:34, TomF said:

Eddie Hearn will be bricking it! 

Heavyweight champion Oleksandr Usyk says his "country and honour" are more important than any fight in the ring as he prepares to defend Ukraine's capital Kyiv against invading Russian forces.

"There is no fear, absolutely no fear," he told CNN.

"There's just bafflement - how could this be in the 21st century?"

Usyk, who was speaking via video call and an interpreter from a basement in Kyiv, said he did not know if there was any chance of him fulfilling a planned May rematch with Joshua.

"I really don't know when I'm going to be stepping back in the ring," he said.

"My country and my honour are more important to me than a championship belt."

On 01/03/2022 at 18:05, Super said:

Fury to retire after Whyte fight.

Yeah, usual rubbish from him.

He'll want Usyk or Joshua before he retires. I imagine he'd prefer Joshua as I think he's a bit wary of Usyk and the Joshua fight would still be more lucrative.

There could realistically be a situation whereby the belts become split up again if Usyk has to take a break from boxing for a while. Obviously a horrible set of circumstances for that to happen in though. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He'll want Usyk or Joshua before he retires. I imagine he'd prefer Joshua as I think he's a bit wary of Usyk and the Joshua fight would still be more lucrative.

There could realistically be a situation whereby the belts become split up again if Usyk has to take a break from boxing for a while. Obviously a horrible set of circumstances for that to happen in though. 

Usyk certainly won't be fighting for a while. Maybe that's in his thinking.

11 hours ago, Super said:

Usyk certainly won't be fighting for a while. Maybe that's in his thinking.

10 hours ago, TomF said:

Yeah if Usky is busy or god forbid doesn’t come back then there isn’t a lot left to fight.  

My take on the Usyk situation is a bit different. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ukrainian government encourage him to fight. He's probably Ukraine's greatest living active sportsman, and the country needs a morale boost.

I appreciate he's based there and so are his family, but I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

My take on the Usyk situation is a bit different. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ukrainian government encourage him to fight. He's probably Ukraine's greatest living active sportsman, and the country needs a morale boost.

I appreciate he's based there and so are his family, but I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. 

It's a tricky one isn't it, I can't see him (Usyk) getting in a boxing ring in the next year at least, which leaves the belts in limbo unless he's stripped ( unlikely) or gives up the belts..

He doesn't strike me as an Elvis type soldier who was nowhere near any action most of the time, or Alexis Auguelo who fought with the Contras for his own benefit... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

It's a tricky one isn't it, I can't see him (Usyk) getting in a boxing ring in the next year at least, which leaves the belts in limbo unless he's stripped ( unlikely) or gives up the belts..

He doesn't strike me as an Elvis type soldier who was nowhere near any action most of the time, or Alexis Auguelo who fought with the Contras for his own benefit... 

He's also getting on a bit now in boxing terms (35) and I'm not sure how well his style will age.

Hopefully things de-escalate a bit, perhaps that would allow him to begin training again. 

• Like 1

On 03/03/2022 at 10:27, Phileas Fogg said:

I believe that Joe Joyce, Robert Helanius and Filip Hrgovic are the next mandatory cabs off the rank.

Does anyone know whether Eddie Hearn has been in Moscow lately?

Wow, this is some unprofessional shit haha. And I thought I couldn't want Roman to win more.

edit- Martinez has to make weight in the morning?! He was the one coming up from 112 to fight Chocolatito ffs! What a farce.

Talking of idiots, I see Khan is so say activating the rematch option v Brook. Excellent, he can get another pasting.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Stortz said:

Wow, this is some unprofessional shit haha. And I thought I couldn't want Roman to win more.

edit- Martinez has to make weight in the morning?! He was the one coming up from 112 to fight Chocolatito ffs! What a farce.

Talking of idiots, I see Khan is so say activating the rematch option v Brook. Excellent, he can get another pasting.

Khan WTF.

No one' ll buy that fight again surely mate..

The king of delusion,  he'll be in a Las Vagas night club tweeting his army of followers " PAC man, Mayweather, or Brook?"...