IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

29 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I think he moved his head down into the shot and it caught him flush on the temple. He'd clearly gassed too in the last few rounds. We haven't seen it from a different angle as yet to confirm.

Incredible heart from Wood. Honestly, you get nights of shit, like Taylor Catterall the other day, but no other sport delivers like boxing does at its peak.

That was an absolute classic of a fight. I'm really hoping Conlan doesn't pay with anything more than his bravery and skill tonight, but he was apparently conscious while leaving the arena.

edit:

It was a perfect example of a seasoned and talented amateur against a heavy handed but limited pro. Conlan outboxed Wood, but the latter always had that winning shot in him. 

Wood's lack of head movement, standing there to be hit, will surely see him found out at a higher level, but it'll be good to see him give it a go

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Yes great shot. As Costello said last night just like a Froch night in Nottingham! A classic  

True mate ..

Took me back to Benn v McClellan the only difference was Benn got back in the ring and stopped McClellan.

A tragic fight in more than one way...

14 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Isn’t every top boxer though,wouldn’t piss on Mayweather,Mike Tyson or Tyson fury if they were on fire

Nah, there are loads I think are ok and many I actively like.

Sunny is a chippy little **** imo. I like him as boxer, but just think he's a total nause.

Weird this whole Dubai thing this evening- matey out of Game of Thrones is fighting another shrivel- penised weightlifter there tonight too.

edit- there are around 12 people watching this in person haha

Edited by Stortz

27 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Nah, there are loads I think are ok and many I actively like.

Sunny is a chippy little **** imo. I like him as boxer, but just think he's a total nause.

Weird this whole Dubai thing this evening- matey out of Game of Thrones is fighting another shrivel- penised weightlifter there tonight too.

edit- there are around 12 people watching this in person haha

Is a bit weird,who hasn’t been a absolute bellew when being at the top out of interest mate 

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

Is a bit weird,who hasn’t been a absolute bellew when being at the top out of interest mate 

Of recent world champions?

Lomachenko, Chocolatito, GGG, Usyk, Inoue, Beterbiev, Donaire?

I'm liking the 'Bellew' unit of arsehole haha.

2 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Of recent world champions?

Lomachenko, Chocolatito, GGG, Usyk, Inoue, Beterbiev, Donaire?

I'm liking the 'Bellew' unit of arsehole haha.

?it’s what all me and my mates say when you see anybody acting up,proper bellew,can’t argue with the fighters you mentioned to be fair all good lads 

• Haha 1

On 19/03/2022 at 19:10, joe jordans teeth said:

I think Fury's heart is in the right place. I can see why people find him annoying though.

Interesting that it seems Ukraine's government seem quite keen for Usyk and Loma to leave and start training. I predicted this might happen, I can see both Usyk and Loma turning it down though. 

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think Fury's heart is in the right place. I can see why people find him annoying though.

Interesting that it seems Ukraine's government seem quite keen for Usyk and Loma to leave and start training. I predicted this might happen, I can see both Usyk and Loma turning it down though. 

You're right mate, Lomachenko is staying to fight

image.png.af8d2ab287ad96fccd0824650b5c19ba.png

I'd imagine Usyk will too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Disappointing if true for two reasons -

1) I have massive respect for the men defending their country.

2) He doesn’t need to train, he could beat that bum AJ in his sleep . 

Could not disagree more. He fought the completely wrong tactics last time out. He tried to out-box a master boxer.

Needs to revert to the old AJ. Forget about boxing - use his size. bully Usyk, rough him up and throw hard punches only

When he hurts him, finish him.

• Like 1

On 23/03/2022 at 11:02, Riaz said:

Could not disagree more. He fought the completely wrong tactics last time out. He tried to out-box a master boxer.

Needs to revert to the old AJ. Forget about boxing - use his size. bully Usyk, rough him up and throw hard punches only

When he hurts him, finish him.

Hopefully he will adopt these tactics , I think he might get sparked though in the process