IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Broner  is a vile bloke, don't want to see him get a pay day.

Did I hear that right, Brook wants £10m to fight Benn??!

Benn needs to get in with a top 10er next. Yeah, he's vulnerable, but the ko ability is gonna make him exciting to watch. 

Don’t believe what Eddie says mate,he talks bollox 

12 hours ago, TomF said:

Enjoyed the press conference but wasn’t quite what I expected!  I have this feeling Whyte might drop fury. Not sure why but if he does I don’t think he’ll flap/blow like Wilder did. 

The undercard looks even shitter than previous.   Is anyone going to pay £25 for that! 

Guilty Tom, first BBQ of the year, some family around, should be great even if it rains..

If you give Whyte a sniff he's 12/1 rounds 1-6, pretty good odds in a hearyweight fight 

• Admin

Not really got any interest in any other than last two bouts, now the biggest challenge is to not get too drunk at friends birthday drinks this afternoon 

The undercard is due to begin at 6pm BST, with ring walks for the main event expected at 10pm

Fury vs Whyte fight card/undercard in full

Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte

Isaac Lowe vs Nick Ball

Tommy Fury vs Daniel Bocianski

David Adeleye vs Chris Healey

Ekow Essuman vs Darren Tetley

Karol Itauma vs Michal Ciach

Royston Barney-Smith vs Jahfieus Faure

Kurt Walker vs Stefan Nicolas 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Not really got any interest in any other than last two bouts, now the biggest challenge is to not get too drunk at friends birthday drinks this afternoon 

The undercard is due to begin at 6pm BST, with ring walks for the main event expected at 10pm

Fury vs Whyte fight card/undercard in full

Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte

Isaac Lowe vs Nick Ball

Tommy Fury vs Daniel Bocianski

David Adeleye vs Chris Healey

Ekow Essuman vs Darren Tetley

Karol Itauma vs Michal Ciach

Royston Barney-Smith vs Jahfieus Faure

Kurt Walker vs Stefan Nicolas 

I'm amazed you're interested in watching Isaac Lowe tbh, he could put a glass eye to sleep. He's a terrible boxer who's only on the card because he's from Morecombe and mates with Tyson.

It's such an insultingly bad undercard. Surely Frank could have got Dubois or Yarde out on it to showcase them a bit? I love boxing, but no way am I paying £25 to watch on principle, there'll be far better fights than that shower of shit in the crowd.

It's a shame the promotion has varied from non existent to shambolic, this is the sort of fight the whole country should be talking about. It seems strange to say about an event that's apparently sold 94k tickets, but it all feels like a bit of a missed opportunity to me. Let's hope the main can make up for it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I'm amazed you're interested in watching Isaac Lowe tbh, he could put a glass eye to sleep. He's a terrible boxer who's only on the card because he's from Morecombe and mates with Tyson.

It's such an insultingly bad undercard. Surely Frank could have got Dubois or Yarde out on it to showcase them a bit? I love boxing, but no way am I paying £25 to watch on principle, there'll be far better fights than that shower of shit in the crowd.

It's a shame the promotion has varied from non existent to shambolic, this is the sort of fight the whole country should be talking about. It seems strange to say about an event that's apparently sold 94k tickets, but it all feels like a bit of a missed opportunity to me. Let's hope the main can make up for it.

It's been a strange one for sure. I don't think PPV sales will be as great as Frank thinks either. I mean fair play to the respect between the boxers, but the weigh-in yesterday was just one big love-in! No edge or animosity whatsoever. The two of them were dancing around on the stage together at the end. I'm half expecting them to get in the ring tomorrow and just do some MC-ing, instead of fighting. 

Fury definitely worthy of his status as a heavy favourite, and looks in good shape. Whyte seems a bit in awe of him, has he got the belief that he can be heavyweight champion of the world? 

Clearly he's got to find a way to connect with that left hook of his, probably work Fury to the body first, before trying to get in behind the Fury jab and connect to the head. He has the power for sure.

Gut instinct is a Fury stoppage rounds 8-10, but as ever with the heavyweights, who know... 

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's been a strange one for sure. I don't think PPV sales will be as great as Frank thinks either. I mean fair play to the respect between the boxers, but the weigh-in yesterday was just one big love-in! No edge or animosity whatsoever. The two of them were dancing around on the stage together at the end. I'm half expecting them to get in the ring tomorrow and just do some MC-ing, instead of fighting. 

Fury definitely worthy of his status as a heavy favourite, and looks in good shape. Whyte seems a bit in awe of him, has he got the belief that he can be heavyweight champion of the world? 

Clearly he's got to find a way to connect with that left hook of his, probably work Fury to the body first, before trying to get in behind the Fury jab and connect to the head. He has the power for sure.

Gut instinct is a Fury stoppage rounds 8-10, but as ever with the heavyweights, who know... 

Yeah, the only way Dillian can win is to get inside, work away to the body and catch Tyson with a left hook he never sees coming imo.

Given how light Fury has come in (although he looks weirdly flabby around his belly and back- even for him), his game plan is clearly to box at range and break Whyte down.

The fighter who can control the distance and dictate the exchanges will win, and all boxing logic suggests that'll be Fury. But as you say, one punch can change everything- that's why we love the Heavyweights.

• Like 1

agree stortz the undercard is bloody shocking. Also something don't sit right with me as there seems to be to much respect for each other. Well dillion will always have a punchers chance, Tyson should put him to bed by the 5th.

27 minutes ago, Stortz said:

20 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Yeah, the only way Dillian can win is to get inside, work away to the body and catch Tyson with a left hook he never sees coming imo.

Given how light Fury has come in (although he looks weirdly flabby around his belly and back- even for him), his game plan is clearly to box at range and break Whyte down.

You mean Fury's love-handles ?

Apparently he deliberately doesn't work on them as he feels it helps him take body shots... not sure the science would support that, but sometimes it's just whatever makes the boxer feel most comfortable, I guess. 

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You mean Fury's love-handles ?

Apparently he deliberately doesn't work on them as he feels it helps him take body shots... not sure the science would support that, but sometimes it's just whatever makes the boxer feel most comfortable, I guess. 

I didn't know that haha!

'2 extra scoops of creamed boar please Paris, I don't want Whyte punching me in the kidneys' hahaha.

5 minutes ago, Markman said:

Is there any sensibly cheap way of watching this?

Steal it from the internet.

• Haha 1