IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Just a perfect shot. I liked how Fury just went, "you're done" and pushed him to the canvas.

Contemptuous stuff wasn't it haha.

Oh come on Tyson, we all know you aren't retiring ffs!

edit- not happy with half murdering Dillian, the Gypsy King is entirely murdering American Pie haha

Edited by Stortz
  • Haha 1

For those of you who didn’t have the American feed I did, here are some fury classics from post fight:

talking about when Whyte got up and the ref was assessing him…

”I was saying no ref. Don’t let him carry on. One more shot and he’ll be disabled!”

on inviting UFC heavyweight Francis Ngannou into the ring…

”Look at him! Look at all those muscles! Francis? Have you got a big cock?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

For those of you who didn’t have the American feed I did, here are some fury classics from post fight:

talking about when Whyte got up and the ref was assessing him…

”I was saying no ref. Don’t let him carry on. One more shot and he’ll be disabled!”

on inviting UFC heavyweight Francis Ngannou into the ring…

”Look at him! Look at all those muscles! Francis? Have you got a big cock?”

I had hoped you were joking haha

Fury has always been a very good boxer but have to say SugarHill does seem to have taken him to another level. 

A lot less wastage in his work, and has definitely added some much needed power and timing to his shots. 

Fury of a few years ago v Wallin for example, lots of eye catching shots but you never thought he was in any danger of knocking him out. Even the first Wilder fight too. 

Currently I think we can say he is definitely the best Heavyweight of this era. There's only one fight left to properly cement that - AJ/Usyk. But as of now, he'd be a heavy favourite against either. Even with Usyk's brilliant footwork and movement, he'd struggle against the physicality of Fury I think. A good little one against a good big one and all that... 

AJ has the size and tools to beat him, but does he have the mindset?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomF said:

If Fury does retire then AJ needs to go straight to the Kronk Gym and get SH on board.

I think Usyk is perhaps the only one who could get Fury on the inside but again he’ll just get tagged when he does. With his reach advantage I only see AJ maybe a punchers chance if he somehow makes it a war 

Yeah, that would be a good plan.

Fury would either tag Usyk or tie him up with his ridiculously long arms, as he did with Whyte last night. 

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Also seemed to be the least hassle for a decent stream in long time. Suggesting not that many were watching it illegally either! 

Swathes of empty seats as well. The resale bastards took a hiding haha.

I reckon Froch may well have boxed in front of more than were there last night- I wonder if he'll mention it?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

Swathes of empty seats as well. The resale bastards took a hiding haha.

I reckon Froch may well have boxed in front of more than were there last night- I wonder if he'll mention it?

The commentators kept saying it was full even though it plainly wasn't. Why do they do that stuff?

Hilarious.

Dillian Whyte says he should have received 'extra time to recover' after he was 'pushed' by Tyson Fury, just seconds before his world title stoppage defeat at Wembley.

The Brixton man was hurt by an uppercut in the sixth round, but believes the referee should have penalised Fury for shoving him before his head heavily hit the canvas.

Whyte, who was speaking to Sky Sports at the Fairmont Hotel in Windsor Park, said: "I was buzzed but obviously I was trying to regather my senses and he proper pushed me and I fell over and hit my head on the canvas which is illegal.

54 minutes ago, Super said:

Hilarious.

Dillian Whyte says he should have received 'extra time to recover' after he was 'pushed' by Tyson Fury, just seconds before his world title stoppage defeat at Wembley.

The Brixton man was hurt by an uppercut in the sixth round, but believes the referee should have penalised Fury for shoving him before his head heavily hit the canvas.

Whyte, who was speaking to Sky Sports at the Fairmont Hotel in Windsor Park, said: "I was buzzed but obviously I was trying to regather my senses and he proper pushed me and I fell over and hit my head on the canvas which is illegal.

Another Fury win another mentally broken heavyweight 

On 25/04/2022 at 15:45, billywedlock said:

Wilder would beat AJ or Usyk and certainly Whyte , who was rubbish and totally outclassed  by Fury . Fury has gone up a level with Sugar , and joins the really great technical heavyweights . It’s certain he will have one more fight , to unify the belts , then retire . The big money is in the USA though , if Tyson was American he would have made a substantially greater fortune . Probably another Wembley night then . 

There is not a single chance that Wilder would beat Usyk imo. Deontay would be so bamboozled after a couple of rounds that he would sit down in the middle of the ring and weep.

On 25/04/2022 at 15:45, TomF said:

Haha behave Dillian.  The Ref gave you an 8 count and asked you to walk forward.. at which point you looked like someone coming out of wetherspoons at 2am. 

The ref got it spot on, even if the bell would have saved him I think he wasn't going to be fully recovered by the time the next round came along. 

The push saved him from eating a really big shot while out on his feet after the uppercut. He should be thanking Tyson, not moaning!

On 23/04/2022 at 22:51, TomF said:

I mean after Aj or Uysk that’s when to retire. Nothing left after that.  One more fight lad.. 

Paris Fury basically let slip that's the plan. The 'retiring' stuff is to strengthen his bargaining position. Unless he vacates the WBC, he's not retiring.

Fury will want Joshua to beat Usyk. I think he's a bit more wary of Usyk but believes he has the beating of Joshua. 

I predict he'll mess about with WWE stuff over the summer, probably be in the corner for Parker vs Joyce to keep himself in the headlines.. hopes Usyk vs Joshua happens in July resulting in a Joshua victory with an undisputed fight in late 2022 or around this time next year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 25/04/2022 at 15:45, billywedlock said:

Wilder would beat AJ or Usyk and certainly Whyte , who was rubbish and totally outclassed  by Fury . Fury has gone up a level with Sugar , and joins the really great technical heavyweights . It’s certain he will have one more fight , to unify the belts , then retire . The big money is in the USA though , if Tyson was American he would have made a substantially greater fortune . Probably another Wembley night then . 

It'll be Wembley again, especially if it's against Joshua. Was great to have a huge stadium fight at the weekend. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Paris Fury basically let slip that's the plan. The 'retiring' stuff is to strengthen his bargaining position. Unless he vacates the WBC, he's not retiring.

Fury will want Joshua to beat Usyk. I think he's a bit more wary of Usyk but believes he has the beating of Joshua. 

I predict he'll mess about with WWE stuff over the summer, probably be in the corner for Parker vs Joyce to keep himself in the headlines.. hopes Usyk vs Joshua happens in July resulting in a Joshua victory with an undisputed fight in late 2022 or around this time next year. 

Thats exactly how i see it. He's done if Usyk wins, but he wants Joshua to win

Why else would he fight Whyte? he fought him to keep the belt, in order to keep the big fight alive.