IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

52 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

"Kambosos has been a total nause in the build up, I really hope Haney beats him. We'll see how ambitious Lou DiBella was to put this on at at 50k capacity stadium too."

that's a shame, what's he been saying mate??

I think beating Teofimo Lopez went to his head a bit mate, he's just become a bit of an arrogant git. He's been massively disrespectful to Haney too given he's come to Australia to fight him

Dalton Smith looks a decent prospect eh?

A heads up for anyone at home or working from home on Tuesday- Inoue Donaire 2 is being streamed on YouTube amazingly. The first fight was a stone cold classic!

edit- ah, links still not working I see!

Kambosos story:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/george-kambosos-devin-haney-boxing-27101953

YouTube link for Inoue Donaire 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZj9Ylun7NE

Edited by Stortz

4 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I think beating Teofimo Lopez went to his head a bit mate, he's just become a bit of an arrogant git. He's been massively disrespectful to Haney too given he's come to Australia to fight him

Dalton Smith looks a decent prospect eh?

A heads up for anyone at home or working from home on Tuesday- Inoue Donaire 2 is being streamed on YouTube amazingly. The first fight was a stone cold classic!

Smith looked very measured, needs to step up now for us to know where he stands...

I'll look the Inoue v Donaire up on Tuesday...

5 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

Almost a shutout for Hainey...

Clearly many levels between them mate, how 2 judges had that 112-116 I have no idea. I gave Kambosos a round- his only tactic seemed to be to swing for the rafters and hope for the best. An absolute clinic from Devin.

Don't forget Inoue Donaire 2 on Tuesday morning Bird!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Can't claim to be an expert but that looks like a lot of padding and wrapping. 

It is an absolute tonne- they're stacking the gloves.

I'm surpised Donaire's people didn't call the board in for a look at that. I think there are different rules around the world though? I guess Inoue's team would argue that it's to prevent injury rather than increase power.

So weird watching boxing in front of a huge crowd in the 2nd biggest indoor arena in the world and it's silence during the rounds and polite applause between them. They had open scoring on the undercard too.

1 hour ago, Maltshoveller said:

THE TOP (imo)!!!

You could certainly make an argument on technical ability, but I don't think his resume justifies top spot as yet.

Edited by Stortz

Did anyone see Kyoguchi on DAZN last night? 108 lb of bad intentions haha.

Not often you see a Mexican get battered like this at home. There's a very decent argument that Hiroto's the best inside fighter in boxing.

Bermudez knew he'd been in a fight

image.png.da136f63d7205f79f93afa2e4b54e370.png

Edited by Stortz

36 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Did anyone see Kyoguchi on DAZN last night? 108 lb of bad intentions haha.

Not often you see a Mexican get battered like this at home. There's a very decent argument that Hiroto's the best inside fighter in boxing.

Bermudez knew he'd been in a fight

image.png.da136f63d7205f79f93afa2e4b54e370.png

Mexican fighters are by their very nature obliged to stand and trade, but sometimes it counts against them..

?

2 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Mexican fighters are by their very nature obliged to stand and trade, but sometimes it counts against them..

?

Mate that 7 and a half stone Japanese fella going and absolutely beating a Mexican up in Guadalajara... cajones of steel haha!

• Like 1