IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

53 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Definitely one where I'll only believe it's happening once they're both in that ring in December.

Defo. If Fury doesn't take the fight from here it's clear that this was just a ruse to pressure Usyk's team to bring the unification fight forward.

Fury better not all of a sudden sustain a toe injury...

5 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Not saying AJ wouldn't want it

But Hearn wouldn't want to take that risk with his cash cow when there are alot safer fights for him

I do think if he gets a real beating from Fury it's likely to be the last we'll see of him.

On 07/09/2022 at 13:24, TomF said:

If its at the Millstad I'm going to have to go for tickets..

On 07/09/2022 at 13:32, mozo said:

You and me both...and a million others ?

But hey, I got a Glastonbury 2022 ticket in the resale so anything is possible!

On 07/09/2022 at 13:37, TomF said:

Weekend before xmas, with the roof closed. It will be absolutely banging.

Me too.. I think its a sign! 

Maybe we could get some sort of corporate package for the OTIB crowd?

• Flames 1

23 hours ago, TomF said:

What we thinking for tomorrow. Can’t see past Canello unless GGG sends him to the canvass.  

Tbh haven’t watched GGG in years probably since the robberies,he’s 40 now so he will be on the down slide of his career while boar meat man(no not fury)will be still going strong at 75 

• Like 1

Kalle cannot be far away from some issues, he is always so wired.

No need for Arthur’s opposition to this poor imo, does nothing for him at this stage in his career. Standard of cards in this country at the moment needs sorting out. Good 50/50 for the British lightweight title though.

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Easy work for Canello then.  GGG will always wonder what if after the first fight injustice 

Yeah, GGG just did virtually nothing for the first half of the fight to retain some stamina for the second half.

He was a ghost of his former self, gun shy and cautious. Impressive to see him dig so deep that he made it much more competitive in the last 5/6 rounds but he knew he was done. Ironically, the judges were far too kind to him in this one after the highway robbery of the first fight.

I doubt he will, but I really hope that Gennadiy retires now, his timing is shot to pieces. What a fighter in his pomp though, his reign of terror from 2010- 2016 was incredible; non stop spectacular KOs against anyone put in front of him. The gunfight with Derevyanchenko probably finished him off at the top level in retrospect.