IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

29 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Joke but not AJs fault I guess.

Yeah, I think he would genuinely fight anyone. It's a shame Fury's issues came up when they did, I fear it'll take a good long time before so many of the belts are held by one fighter again.

Although it's a blatant duck by Wlad, you can see where his team are coming from too, there's no way an AJ Wlad fight should be at the Manchester arena and there wasn't enough time to promote it properly either. Price is moaning now but you can also see why Matchroom didn't go for him with a possible Wlad fight in the spring. I wonder if Price may find himself fighting Ortiz on the same bill.

The Chisora Whyte fight should be fun though, as should the build up!

6 hours ago, Stortz said:

Haha I'm a sucker for all this!! I've already changed my mind and will buy the package! The undercard is actually pretty decent 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tomarse said:

This is saving the main fight imo... can't wait for this one to go off.

Apparently they got right into it last night, just after the 'Who is the DONKEY now, who is the goat?'' diss at the end of the clip above!

Hearn reckons it took 8 security to get Whyte out of the room haha. They didn't even manage to get enough footage to fill The Gloves are Off so had to interview them separately after.

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

The biggest disgrace of the night was the Mcdonnell decision, no way he won that one. Matchroom special judges at work again. 

Only the Smith fight saved last night, Ortiz looked like a four fight novice, Macdonnell was very lucky to get the decision.

As for Aj it shouldn't be a PPV event, both he and Callum Smith are 150/1 on to win, so in essence, your paying £18 for Whyte v Chizora.

The trouble is I'm stupid enough to buy it...

4 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

Only the Smith fight saved last night, Ortiz looked like a four fight novice, Macdonnell was very lucky to get the decision.

As for Aj it shouldn't be a PPV event, both he and Callum Smith are 150/1 on to win, so in essence, your paying £18 for Whyte v Chizora.

The trouble is I'm stupid enough to buy it...

When I was at uni a load of us clubbed together for ppv fights. Since then I haven't paid for one and I don't think I would. I usually listen on the radio and watch the fight online the next day now. It's not the same but it's the principle really.

55 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

When I was at uni a load of us clubbed together for ppv fights. Since then I haven't paid for one and I don't think I would. I usually listen on the radio and watch the fight online the next day now. It's not the same but it's the principle really.

Some of the PPV Events  have been good, I just think this and Bellew v Cleverly shouldn't be...

Edited by B1ackbird

On 13/11/2016 at 20:19, B1ackbird said:

Some of the PPV Events  have been good, I just think this and Bellew v Cleverly shouldn't be...

I see where you're coming from mate but to me AJ v Molina is a far better fight than AJ v Breazeale and the undercard is far superior on 10/12 too. No-one really had the hump at shelling out for the Breazeale card; I guess because we thought we were going to see AJ v Wlad or Parker this time out it seems like we're being sold short now. If it all carries on going well for AJ we'll soon be complaining about PPVs from Vegas at 5 in the morning!

The big one this weekend then, Kovalev v Ward, I can't wait! Who has everyone got? Ward on points imo,

Kovalev is a much more intelligent boxer than people give him credit for, as well as being a wrecking ball but I just can't see him outwitting Ward who always seems to work everyone out in a round or two. It is easily the best fight of the year on paper though, on Sky from 0200 with ringwalks at 0400.

On 13/11/2016 at 20:19, B1ackbird said:

Sure. I'm just saying that I wouldn't pay it out of principle, regardless of who's on the card. I suppose there's so much hype around Joshua that enough people will shell out the money for PPV to make it worthwhile. The Ward Kovalev fight looks far more intriguing to me, yet, as Stortz says, is not PPV. 

3 hours ago, Stortz said:

I see where you're coming from mate but to me AJ v Molina is a far better fight than AJ v Breazeale and the undercard is far superior on 10/12 too. No-one really had the hump at shelling out for the Breazeale card; I guess because we thought we were going to see AJ v Wlad or Parker this time out it seems like we're being sold short now. If it all carries on going well for AJ we'll soon be complaining about PPVs from Vegas at 5 in the morning!

The big one this weekend then, Kovalev v Ward, I can't wait! Who has everyone got? Ward on points imo,

Kovalev is a much more intelligent boxer than people give him credit for, as well as being a wrecking ball but I just can't see him outwitting Ward who always seems to work everyone out in a round or two. It is easily the best fight of the year on paper though, on Sky from 0200 with ringwalks at 0400.

After watching kovalev struggle last time out against chilemba who is a slippery customer but no where near wards quality then i can't see nothing but a ward clear points win,of course if kovalev  was able to catch him the power he's got it could get interesting 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

After watching kovalev struggle last time out against chilemba who is a slippery customer but no where near wards quality then i can't see nothing but a ward clear points win,of course if kovalev  was able to catch him the power he's got it could get interesting 

Absolutely, Chilemba really frustrated him, although Kovalev claims that is because he was distracted fighting for the first time at home in Ekaterinburg since 2011.

Sergey has a great jab, serious, serious power and is one of the best finishers in boxing if he does catch an opponent, but you just can't see Ward getting caught. No doubt Kovalev will be trying to bully, rough him up inside and pressurise him, but Ward is far too smart to get involved imo.

Fights like this don't happen anything like often enough, 2 of the top 5 pound for pound boxers in the world putting their unbeaten records on the line. Can't wait.