IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Good little bout this Gomez Giles 

Yeah, I'm flicking between Sky and BT.

They don't like each other much do they!

edit, I'm trying to think if I've ever seen the Manchester Arena so empty for a Sky card. In fairness, Okolie could put a glass eye to sleep.

Edited by Stortz

On 25/03/2023 at 19:47, Super said:

He's a waster.

none of us on here know any true facts about the collapse of the fight even though many people act like they do or pretend to know something to make there selves look respectable on there boxing knowledge

most on here read the internet or the papers or judge interviews from both sides and then make a decision

and before you use the term waster i suggest you go up around the north and see the investment he has put in to local boxing gyms and charity's to help kids and people with mental illnesses.

its funny how wilder was meant to be one of the best fury made him look shite, everyone raved about fury and then tried to  jump on the bandwagon  due to realizing aj are great British hope is the second incoming of frank Bruno

fury will beat anyone  on his day as long as he keeps himself clean and away from any bad habits  i have know doubt, but know matter what he does credit will not be giving due to his background of who he his and how he was brought up.

but i am a massive fan as i think he brought something different to boxing. A character boxing needed to put a bit of life back into the sport as it has become dull over the years.

8 hours ago, big dosser said:

none of us on here know any true facts about the collapse of the fight even though many people act like they do or pretend to know something to make there selves look respectable on there boxing knowledge

most on here read the internet or the papers or judge interviews from both sides and then make a decision

and before you use the term waster i suggest you go up around the north and see the investment he has put in to local boxing gyms and charity's to help kids and people with mental illnesses.

its funny how wilder was meant to be one of the best fury made him look shite, everyone raved about fury and then tried to  jump on the bandwagon  due to realizing aj are great British hope is the second incoming of frank Bruno

fury will beat anyone  on his day as long as he keeps himself clean and away from any bad habits  i have know doubt, but know matter what he does credit will not be giving due to his background of who he his and how he was brought up.

but i am a massive fan as i think he brought something different to boxing. A character boxing needed to put a bit of life back into the sport as it has become dull over the years.

A great boxer no doubt, and a character - not one I'm a fan of, but a character for sure.

Him and Mayweather trying their hardest to put the sport into the ground, the antics from both are awful, especially Fury, who may as well be retired. With the resume (or lack of) certainly won't go down as a great, for me at least. Needs Usyk and Joshua to do that, which is a shame because I think he has the talent to go down as one of the heavyweight greats, if a drugs cheat can go down as a great...

Has done a very good job of manipulating a large part of the nation for a very long time though, and I'm sure he'll win Chisora 4, 5, 6 and 7 comfortably.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, big dosser said:

Yeah, meant to be. Still not sure how to rate him tbh. He's a puncher for sure, but has no jab to speak of and only really one shot, an overhand right; granted a deadly shot. Also, his resume is less than impressive.  Who's his biggest win?

12 hours ago, big dosser said:

Fury will beat anyone on his day in all likelihood as he's bigger than everyone else, can box, and has taken drugs. Shame he doesn't share that belief though, otherwise AJ and Usyk fights would have, or would be happening. 

Edited by Kid in the Riot

23 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yeah, meant to be. Still not sure how to rate him tbh. He's a puncher for sure, but has no jab to speak of and only really one shot, an overhand right; granted a deadly shot. Also, his resume is less than impressive.  Who's his biggest win?

Fury will beat anyone on his day in all likelihood as he's bigger than everyone else, can box, and has taken drugs. Shame he doesn't share that belief though, otherwise AJ and Usyk fights would have, or would be happening. 

Biggest win surely between Molina or Breazeale. Ortiz is a bit over the hill for me, another poor resume for a heavyweight boxer, pretty similar to Fury and AJ's really I'd say? But I don't think you can become a world champion and defend it multiple times without becoming somewhat of a decent boxer, even if it doesn't look like he's technically fantastic?

Don't think any of the three will go down as phenomenal, because none of them are fighting top level boxers, maybe bar AJ, but obviously lost when he fought Usyk. Think the only way any of the current crop of heavyweights become a great is if the belts get unified, which, unless the WBC take it off of Fury, won't happen unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Evening all, looks like a pretty straightforward night's work for Joshua.

Pretty shocking card tbh, DAZN clearly didn't want to spend on a non PPV!

Evening stortz,if AJ is still gun shy it may take around 10 and having seen this lad beat a declining Whyte (corrupt judges ) he really should be taking him out by 4