IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

3 hours ago, Super said:

Lara fails to make weight.

The BBBofC forbade Lara from dropping below 128.5 after the check weight, so he clearly didn't even try to get close to it.

He had chilling power at the actual weight, Wood will need to be a lot more alert than the first time out.

3 hours ago, Stortz said:

The BBBofC forbade Lara from dropping below 128.5 after the check weight, so he clearly didn't even try to get close to it.

He had chilling power at the actual weight, Wood will need to be a lot more alert than the first time out.

Assume a rehydration clause kicks in? No way he should be allowed to eat/drink overnight.

Just now, TomF said:

Oh Fury has offered AJ a deal in Sept… right…

Yawn! Fury has become a massive bore.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Assume a rehydration clause kicks in? No way he should be allowed to eat/drink overnight.

Yawn! Fury has become a massive bore.

Don't know mate, I don't think so, just a a percentage of his purse will go to Wood. It's a serious weight advantage at FW eh- It seems a bit peverse that in order to protect Lara from a dangerous  weight cut the board are putting Wood in far more danger in the fight.

Lara is pissed right off with the BBBoC for not even letting him attempt the weight though which I get- but his team knew the check weights would be imposed well in advance.

12 hours ago, Stortz said:

Don't know mate, I don't think so, just a a percentage of his purse will go to Wood. It's a serious weight advantage at FW eh- It seems a bit peverse that in order to protect Lara from a dangerous  weight cut the board are putting Wood in far more danger in the fight.

Lara is pissed right off with the BBBoC for not even letting him attempt the weight though which I get- but his team knew the check weights would be imposed well in advance.

Sounds like Lara has been weighed again this morning and presumably hasn't rehydrated overnight so Wood's team are happy for the fight to go ahead. I'm sure the extra dosh helps too!

11 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Shame both on tonight,no boxing next week either,bad scheduling by the muppet promoters 

Yeah, it's shit- egos over anything else.

Would love to see CBS win tonight but totally prepared for the Okolie grabfest- he's effective even though it's terrible to watch.

I'm genuinely concerned for Wood in with a massively inflated Lara. Balls of steel from Leigh, nobody would have blamed him for pulling out,

Sam Eggignton on Sky now, I hoped he'd retired tbh.

6 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Yeah, it's shit- egos over anything else.

Would love to see CBS win tonight but totally prepared for the Okolie grabfest- he's effective even though it's terrible to watch.

I'm genuinely concerned for Wood in with a massively inflated Lara. Balls of steel from Leigh, nobody would have blamed him for pulling out,

Sam Eggignton on Sky now, I hoped he'd retired tbh.

Me too mate,he’s a nice lad but takes way to many punches for it to be healthy