IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

6 hours ago, Stortz said:

I can't believe he's even fighting Haye at HW, let alone planning an assault on the entire division haha, he's delusional.

They should have that on the posters imo, 'THE BERMONDSEY BITCH v THE BELLEND'!

More money for him fighting Haye and he gets to keep his Cruiser belt for a while longer.

Hoping for a double ko i can't stand either of em!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daored said:

I'm not convinced this fight will actually happen. Haye will pull out with injury in the lead up. As much as Bellew talks trash , he will be very much up for the fight. His comments about Haye's bottle is spot on in my opinion 

Very true,at least we can give Bellew that he's got a fighting heart 

They are getting a guaranteed £3m each, but they will have both been told in no uncertain terms that they need to crank the fake aggro and dislike levels up to 'full moron'. Expect the most embarrassing, manufactured, drawn-out build-up in the history of boxing.

Haye wins by KO, whenever he likes. They will then hug outside the ring, talk about how the size difference was just too great, but how brave Bellew was moving up, and then Bomber La retires to spend his cash and Haye goes after Joshua

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Northern Red said:

They are getting a guaranteed £3m each, but they will have both been told in no uncertain terms that they need to crank the fake aggro and dislike levels up to 'full moron'. Expect the most embarrassing, manufactured, drawn-out build-up in the history of boxing.

Haye wins by KO, whenever he likes. They will then hug outside the ring, talk about how the size difference was just too great, but how brave Bellew was moving up, and then Bomber La retires to spend his cash and Haye goes after Joshua

I'd say that was about the size of it- although I would suggest Haye will fight the winner of Parker v Ruiz next as he is the mandatory there, thus putting himself in a far more favourable negotiating position with Eddie if he goes on to make- and even co-promote- a late summer stadium unification bout with AJ.

Bravo for 'full moron' too, an excellent description!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

It's a hard sport to pull yourself out of when it's all you've known but he really should know better,he's had one lucky escape so why he is risking his life by sparring only he will know 

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

See Haye and Bellew have had their first little scuffle (handbags) . Really looking forward to this fight and I hope Haye knocks him out. But the war of words is getting tiresome already. It's going to be a long 3 and a bit months 

How people are actually backing Bellew make me laugh. This is nothing more than another Haye KO victory.

Bellew was lucky not be stopped in the first round against that Congolese fellow at Goodison Park (he hit the deck in round one for those who didn't know). His defence is dreadful and Haye will finish the fight when he wants.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SARJ said:

How people are actually backing Bellew make me laugh. This is nothing more than another Haye KO victory.

Bellew was lucky not be stopped in the first round against that Congolese fellow at Goodison Park (he hit the deck in round one for those who didn't know). His defence is dreadful and Haye will finish the fight when he wants.

I'm sure he stepped up last time to light heavyweight and fought Adonis Stephens and got battered . Now stepping up to heavyweight . Can only see 1 winner as u say . Looking forward to it though 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

I'm sure he stepped up last time to light heavyweight and fought Adonis Stephens and got battered . Now stepping up to heavyweight . Can only see 1 winner as u say . Looking forward to it though 

Correct. Gave it the big one in the press conferences but looked like a frightened domestic fighter in the ring that night.

13 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Makes some validish points but you can't compare how BH acted to how EH acts now - things like social media and YouTube make it very much more in your face than before

A few valid-ish points amongst a lot of grandiose claims haha!

AJ Molina gloves are off is out:

Molina comes over as a very decent guy I reckon.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Do you know what still makes me laugh? Casuals who claim Anthony Joshua is the second coming but Haye is a money grabber for fighting bums.

The caliber of Haye's last 2 opponents matches those that Joshua has been fighting his whole career.

Completely different stages of their respective careers though.

2 hours ago, SARJ said:

Do you know what still makes me laugh? Casuals who claim Anthony Joshua is the second coming but Haye is a money grabber for fighting bums.

The caliber of Haye's last 2 opponents matches those that Joshua has been fighting his whole career.

To be fair, Dillian Whyte is a far better standard of opposition than Mark de Mori or Arnold Gjergjaj.

4 hours ago, Stortz said:

A few valid-ish points amongst a lot of grandiose claims haha!

AJ Molina gloves are off is out:

Molina comes over as a very decent guy I reckon.

Ye nice to see a video were they chat boxing and not chat shit . Can only see 1 winner in this . Saying that I think he put a good fight up against deontay wilder. Joshua v wilder would be a good fight

3 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Job for Cotts if Paulie vacates the commentary box?

I quite enjoy your undying hatred of Paulie's commentary as I think he's pretty good!

I totally agree; i think Paulie is one of the most insightful, intelligent callers of fights I've ever heard.

At the same time, I can see why he would grate if you didn't like the cut of his jib and vicariously appreciate @Super's dislike of him!

Look at this though, they guy is class imo

• Like 1

14 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Lebedev v gassiev tonight chaps, @Stortz is gassiev any cop,haven't seen him before but people are saying he's the next ggg

Morning mate, got a bit carried away with the celebratory post match drinks yesterday and missed this!

Gassiev looked very decent in a good fight last night, although I had it closer than the 2 judges who gave it to him 116-111 and 116-112.

Abel Sanchez really rates him and he does all his training in Big Bear with GGG. I haven't seen a great deal of him before last night and his previous fight with Jordan Shinmell but he beat a hard bugger in Lebedev last night and his power is very real as Shinmel will attest...

24-0 now and definitely one to watch for the future.

Have to say watching the gloves are off with AJ what a credit this guy is to his sport. None of this embarrassing trash talk rubbish fighting at press conferences etc unlike the morons we have seen in the past week. Top bloke no wonder people in this country are getting behind him.