IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

29 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Still enough to beat Fury, or anybody in this piss poor weight

On tonights performance I think he'd do well to get a chance to lace Fury's gloves.  

It'll be a great night when Fury does face Joshua, I just hope Joshua gets a lot more rounds in against better opposition before it happens.

Edited by howey_ducky

6 minutes ago, howey_ducky said:

On tonights performance I think he'd do well to get a chance to lace Fury's gloves.  

It'll be a great night when Fury does face Joshua, I just hope Joshua gets a lot more rounds in against better opposition before it happens.

The fury Joshua fight will happen soon I fear,klit will win the belts back and fury will have nowhere to turn,he said he won't fight dontay and money talks 

6 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I will give you whyte looked good enough but where you saw aj would dismantle fury is baffling to be honest 

Let's not big up Fury to be some sort of Goliath. Fury beat a man who didn't throw any punches for 12 rounds! AJ hits hard, is fitter and faster than VK. Yeh he got wobbled in the 2nd, but took it. Whyte offered far more in strength than Fury could and boy did he have a chin. 

When AJ took the passion out of it, he boxed really well. There's no way Fury could handle that power. 

Edited by Fordy62
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Let's not big up Fury to be some sort of Goliath. Fury beat a man who didn't throw any punches for 12 rounds! AJ hits hard, is fitter and faster than VK. Yeh he got wobbled in the 2nd, but took it. Whyte offered far more in strength than Fury could and boy did he have a chin. 

When AJ took the passion out of it, he boxed really well. There's no way Fury could handle that power. 

Exactly. How people are saying he wouldn't touch Fury is baffling.

I hope it happens soon too, The Heavyweight needs a decent boxer as champion. Somebody that can provide some excitement. Joshua tonight looked good. Its the first time he's been past 3 rounds. He had a bit of a wobble sure, but he sparked out another guy that was unbeaten. He was in control of practically every round. I

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Are you for real or on a wind up,there's a reason why fury fought a man who didn't throw a punch for 12 rounds,and that would be fury schooling him,whyte offered more in strength than fury could,,think you're personal opinions on the boxers are taking over here fordy,I would love to see aj wipe fury out but your talking thru your nose

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Exactly. How people are saying he wouldn't touch Fury is baffling.

I hope it happens soon too, The Heavyweight needs a decent boxer as champion. Somebody that can provide some excitement. Joshua tonight looked good. Its the first time he's been past 3 rounds. He had a bit of a wobble sure, but he sparked out another guy that was unbeaten. He was in control of practically every round. I

He was unbeaten yep but your " sparked out" comment will get a like,haven't heard anyone say it since. I was a young un 

7 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Are you for real or on a wind up,there's a reason why fury fought a man who didn't throw a punch for 12 rounds,and that would be fury schooling him,whyte offered more in strength than fury could,,think you're personal opinions on the boxers are taking over here fordy,I would love to see aj wipe fury out but your talking thru your nose

Fury beating VK was more about VK being poor than it was Fury being good. Yes he performed well, but tell me honestly that you believe he'd have such an easy ride against AJ (or even Whyte).

If you think back to 2-3 fights ago, Fury was troubled by an absolute bum. Whyte was not a bum. Not at all.

The only point that AJ had any trouble last night was when he was trying to have a fight. When he listened to his corner and boxed, he was brilliant. 

20 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

Still has a lot to learn, but he showed that he can fight. Took some shots in the 2nd and had to survive  for a minute. Then went from trying to knock him out to boxing him. 

I think AJ was rattled by what happened at the end of the first round, which played into Whytes hands and it became a brawl. Once he regained his composure and boxed he looked more comfortable

On 13/12/2015 at 08:35, Fordy62 said:

Fury beating VK was more about VK being poor than it was Fury being good. Yes he performed well, but tell me honestly that you believe he'd have such an easy ride against AJ (or even Whyte).

If you think back to 2-3 fights ago, Fury was troubled by an absolute bum. Whyte was not a bum. Not at all.

The only point that AJ had any trouble last night was when he was trying to have a fight. When he listened to his corner and boxed, he was brilliant. 

Sorry but if you think Fury winning was predominantly about VK being poor then you probably don't understand boxing. Half the battle (at least) is not getting hit and Fury showed himself to be an unordthadox, awkward fighter who moves very well for a heavyweight. VK didn't suddenly just forget that you have to throw punches to win a boxing match - he couldn't throw any because Fury didn't let him. You can't punch what you can't see or what isn't in range. It wasn't pretty but Fury outboxed him fair and square.

As for AJ I couldn't watch the fight Saturday but going 7 rounds and being tested was 100% the best thing for him. He's still so young there's no point in rushing him. I'd give him a couple more run-outs at least next year before a world title fight.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Sorry but if you think Fury winning was predominantly about VK being poor then you probably don't understand boxing. Half the battle (at least) is not getting hit and Fury showed himself to be an unordthadox, awkward fighter who moves very well for a heavyweight. VK didn't suddenly just forget that you have to throw punches to win a boxing match - he couldn't throw any because Fury didn't let him. You can't punch what you can't see or what isn't in range. It wasn't pretty but Fury outboxed him fair and square.

As for AJ I couldn't watch the fight Saturday but going 7 rounds and being tested was 100% the best thing for him. He's still so young there's no point in rushing him. I'd give him a couple more run-outs at least next year before a world title fight.

Exactly. People underestimate Fury and I suspect it's partly because he doesn't look as athletic as the likes of Haye, Joshua etc. It's very hard for such a big man to be as trim as those guys.

Peter Fury is a very good trainer and set up a great game plan for that fight. Hughie , his cousin, is a good fighter too.

Tyson Fury and the people he grew up with are fighting people. Tyson can take a punch and would have been scrapping all his life.

Predictably people were doing the whole "Joshua would destroy these two" thing when TF fought VK. I don't reckon he would, not yet anyway. Saturday showed AJ isn't the finished article yet. Whyte gave a good account of himself and shook Joshua up.

I enjoy his fights though and I reckon, if it can be arranged in the next 18 months, AJ vs David Haye would be a great fight. 

8 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

What a great 2016 we are in for,frampton quigg,hopefully Saunders eubank and heavy weight fights

Agreed, and not long to wait to see what Haye is looking like on his return. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but he's generally good to watch