IGNORED

The Official Preston North End v Bristol City Match Day Thread

#BristolCity v Preston: Fielding, Ayling, Moore, Flint, Baker, Bryan, K.Smith, Pack, Freeman, Wilbraham, Kodjia.

#BristolCity subs: Hamer, Williams, Little, Wagstaff, Reid, Robinson Agard.

This must be the last chance for Wilbraham? I hope he comes good, as he was such an important part of the team last season, but if not pairing Agard / Burns with Kodjia must be worth a try. Alternatively a slight change of  formation with Kodjia as lone forward?

To add a bit of meat to the bone of Havanatopia's original post who would have thought that Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid have links to Preston.

Butch did emanate from Preston and is said that the spoke with a "Lanky" twang. Born Robert LeRoy Parker in Beaver, Utah on April 13, 1866, Cassidy was the first of 13 children. His Mormon parents had come to Utah from England in 1856, his father came from Preston. http://www.utah.com/adventures/old_west/butch_cassidy.htm 

Also perhaps more interestingly The first Kentucky Fried Chicken shop in the UK was opened in Preston in 1965

And there was I thinking it was a cultural backwater.

bullshit!

Miss Millie's is a local family business with roots in the industry stretching back to 1965 when Chairman Harry Latham set up KFC in the UK, alongside his partner Ray Allen. Harry then served as the Managing Director of KFC GB in the 1970's before opening stores in the South West in 1988 under the Miss Millie’s brand.

As Harry and his family were good friends with Colonel Sanders of Kentucky Fried Chicken,  he decided to name the new operation after the Colonel's daughter, Mildred.

bullshit!

Miss Millie's is a local family business with roots in the industry stretching back to 1965 when Chairman Harry Latham set up KFC in the UK, alongside his partner Ray Allen. Harry then served as the Managing Director of KFC GB in the 1970's before opening stores in the South West in 1988 under the Miss Millie’s brand.

As Harry and his family were good friends with Colonel Sanders of Kentucky Fried Chicken,  he decided to name the new operation after the Colonel's daughter, Mildred.

I beg to differ, may I present exhibit A

www.lep.co.uk/news/community/nostalgia/britain-s-first-kentucky-fried-chicken-flies-the-coop-after-49-years-1-6987614

2 nil City 

Edited by Abraham Romanovich