IGNORED

The Official Preston North End v Bristol City Match Day Thread

The team that finishes the game:

Fielding, Little, Bryan, Ayling, Flint, Williams, Pack, Smith, Freeman, Wilbraham, Agard

Spot anything familiar?

Having said that, Kodjia sounded bright again.

For those who travelled, do you see much wrong, or do we need a change of luck?

interesting the loaner subbed for little. 

Good post match interview from SC, his most positive of the season, that I've heard. 

Agree - def the most buoyant he's been this season

just get a smell/vibe of a new face coming in ?

He made a little cryptic comment about possibly a new bench on Saturday and seemed very pleased about something (Accepting he was pleased with performance)

Could have read read him wrong but don't rule out another one in possibly one that's got Cotts chirpy

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

The team that finishes the game:

Fielding, Little, Bryan, Ayling, Flint, Williams, Pack, Smith, Freeman, Wilbraham, Agard

Spot anything familiar?

Having said that, Kodjia sounded bright again.

For those who travelled, do you see much wrong, or do we need a change of luck?

Yep, thought the same. Would've liked to have seen what Kodger and Agard looked like mind. 

• Like 2

I know you make your own luck, but their goalie is man of the match, they score a worldly to go ahead, and they may frankly be a team we need to finish ahead of.

Really frustrating not to win, but no where near how frustrating it would have been to lose! Played three of the top four, although the results against Sheffield Wed and Brentford now look like bad ones. We do seem to also often be finishing games on top.

Very thin lines, and at the moment just falling the wrong side if it. As long as confidence does not get knocked, confident we will be ok. A home win or two would not go amiss either!

• Like 1

Great stuff gaining a point away and not letting their heads drop after going behind to a, let's face it, great strike from Kilkenny. Great to hear Kodjia was causing alot of problems again. Say what you like about the defence but for crying out loud get that bloody ball in. It can totally change games and I'm sure we would be getting excited had more of these chances gone in. The move for Freeman's missed sitter sounded great on the radio. Got to fancy us against Reading, who had Sa sent off. I was hoping for 4 points this week, kind of hoped the travellers could have witnessed it tonight but if the extra 3 have to come at home no one will be complaining. Come on you Reds!!!!

At least no silly goal let in, but we need another striker asap, we are creating so many chances. We are a nearly team... but the main thing tonight was not letting a hatful again.  Keep it tight at the back and we will prosper. 

It's not as if we're being forced to persevere with a striker who regularly misses great chances though - last night it was JB, Agard (OK, he's a striker but not a starter) and Freeman all failing to take very presentable chances to clinch the points in a matter of minutes.

Last season we had goals spread throughout the team, and I suspect apart from Kodjia replacing Wilbs. as our top scorer the way Cotts. sets the team up will ensure things are very similar this season.

We simply need players like Joe and Freeman to take more of the good chances we're creating that we'd have backed them to net last year. I'd expect Kodjia to improve his goal to chance ratio as he settles in further, but I don't see us having 2 15-20 goal strikers because with the pressure we create a high percentage of our efforts on goal fall to midfielders, and even defenders.

Wilbraham, who has had excessive criticism imo. after one particularly poor game at Brum is there to soften up the opposition defence and use his experience to lead the line, and team. He'll get his fair share of goals but, despite last season's tally, it's not his primary reason for being in the team.

My view is City will give someone a 4 or 5 goal hammering shortly - it would already have happened against Brentford but for the sending off.

Edited by Nogbad the Bad