IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Reading Match Day Thread

Come on! Did anyone really expect anything apart from a season of struggling after the chaos in the transfer market. SL for whatever reason would not budge on the Wages and if it costs us relegation so be it. It will be a shame after all the hard work to get here, but it's his gamble to pay or not to pay.

Personally I absolutely hate the Championship because it's such a difficult league to compete in but we are where we are and I'd not have sacrificed last seasons success for anything, so I can't complain really.

• Like 1

Come on! Did anyone really expect anything apart from a season of struggling after the chaos in the transfer market. SL for whatever reason would not budge on the Wages and if it costs us relegation so be it. It will be a shame after all the hard work to get here, but it's his gamble to pay or not to pay.

Personally I absolutely hate the Championship because it's such a difficult league to compete in but we are where we are and I'd not have sacrificed last seasons success for anything, so I can't complain really.

I did. We walked League One last year and ran West Ham close in the FA Cup. If going straight back down is what we want then why are we building the stadium? For Premiership Rugby and League One football?

I expected a mid table finish to be honest, even better if we could have signed a few players. We may still do that but, this persistence of playing the same formation when we are leaking so many goals has got to stop.

At present we are no better than the team that dropped out of this division under sod and mcinnes. Getting turned over week after week. Complete dog shit. Cue some precious fairy giving me abuse for speaking the truth...

There is nobody on here that would dare question you, our great leader. We know dead men tell no tales.

• Like 2

Not happy to lose especially being at home but what's worrying me the most is the amount of goals we're conceding, if we was losing by a single goal I'd have a bit more hope, still early will look at the table 10 games in see what the gap to 11/12 and decide on if we're going be in trouble then but early signs aren't good. COYR'S!!!

Us and Preston in the bottom three and MKD sliding down towards us. Does this just show how big the gap is - bigger than we realised?

When you think of all those on this forum that were saying the team we had was good enough for mid table , I don't know whether to laugh or cry.The only problem is it looks like the club thought the same.We have a squad which has been under funded with a recruitment campaign that was laughable.We seem to be unprepared for the quality of this division and are playing tactics that are contributing to our failure.For me questions have to be asked at whoever thought we could get by on the cheap which I presume is Lansdown and of Cotterill who currently looks all at sea in this division. The tragedy of it all is all the wonderful work of last year is week by week being worn away

• Like 1

Us and Preston in the bottom three and MKD sliding down towards us. Does this just show how big the gap is - bigger than we realised?

It seems that we are too naive . We should have gone all out for a strong ,experienced midfielder and a striker . It will cost us dear now because it will be less attractive for these players to come here now to join a relegation dog fight in their last few years of their careers  .We were n't all that when we had just been promoted as double winning champions !

I am very angry that all the good work done last year risks to be for nothing if we don't start getting some points on the board .

Today plus the 2nd half of Sheffield Wednesday were very poor. Cotteril as usual blaming the ref or a decision - needs to consider the real reasons we lost and have been doing all season (ie the formation, transfer window shambles, persistence with Wilbraham etc etc)

Fielding - 6. OK but so slow with getting the game going when two down and distribution poor.

Ayling - 4. Not a right wing back. But even when moved back he struggled.

Moore - 5. Not great but harsh to be taken off when all problems came down other flank.

Flint - 5. Left badly exposed for first goal and looking like he will struggle this season.

Williams - 5. Played well at Preston but back to usual here. 

Bryan - 5. Has been struggling for a few games now and doesn't look his usual self.

Freeman - 5. Disappointing how he didn't impose himself on the game. Just never really threatened. I'm hopeful he will come good but low on confidence?

Smith - 6. Did OK and held the ball. Lacked options at times and was forced to go back to Fielding a few times.

Pack - 5. Need a replacement in this position. Too many diagional balls going nowhere but out of play.

Wilbraham - 3. Very poor as he has been for most of the season.

Kodjia - 7. MOTM despite not being at his best. As I have said before, must wonder why he is bothering with this bunch of jokers he has joined up with.

Subs:

All 3 subs worked hard and did well. Think Agard must replace Wilbraham (and I'm not an Agard fan). Reid was unlucky to get dropped a few backs too.