IGNORED

Forum Problems Question

Loco Rojo

Hi, firstly, this isn't a dig at the Mods or anything about the slow running of this place or a bash at the other knowm problems people have raised which are trying to be fixed. This is a genuine question...

Since the change to the forum, every time I click to reply to a thread I'm unable to do so on my mobile (Samsung S6 Edge) because the keyboard doesn't appear. funnily enough it allows me to start a new thread but doesn't seem to allow me to reply (maybe I should take the hint ;-). Has anyone else experienced this and know how to get around it?

Just to add, I really need a way to resolve this as all my keyboard warrior negativity is building up and I need the release! My girlfriend is getting sick of me talking football to her and would appreciate the help too.

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply (and everyone else too).  I did sign out and sign back in on my phone but still couldn't reply to anyone (I write this from my laptop). Let me know how it goes tomorrow if you get time time to look in to it (appreciate you probably have a million other things to do) and let me know if it's something i'm doing wrong.

Just testing from my Samsung phone, seems to work. In fact better experience than from my ipad where I seem to have to double tap to start typing a reply. And I also have had a few replies that I have typed disappear on hitting the submit button.

Part of the problem is that there is different android versions, running on different customised manufacturers versions, running stock/non stock webbrowsers.  Chuck in different versions of iPhones running different versions of iOS and its even more of a minefield. For now I'm just going to pause till this new build with an updated editor is included and see what's what after that.

I think someone else mentioned the RSS feed - that should be fixed now and the automated twitter (https://twitter.com/otib_co_uk) and facebook feeds (https://www.facebook.com/OneTeamInBristolForum) are running again although the FB one seems to be having some issues identifying the topic name.

Next plan of action is to update some hardware on Friday. This will, unfortunately, take the site down for a couple of hours but I think the benifits will be worth it.

Hi, ST.  Just checked and yup, it uses the default keypad and everything's up to date. very strange. oh well, I have a way round it. Cheers for checking your Edge though. Possibly something i've done then.

No worries pal. Are you using the main browser (the little earth symbol) or Chrome? Or maybe even a different browser altogether? I use chrome and have no issues. Although I did have a sticky keypad that took hours to come up on my old s4. Deleted some apps and ran a full antivirus scan and it sorted it. I use AVG free which you can find on Google play. Might be worth a go.

No worries pal. Are you using the main browser (the little earth symbol) or Chrome? Or maybe even a different browser altogether? I use chrome and have no issues. Although I did have a sticky keypad that took hours to come up on my old s4. Deleted some apps and ran a full antivirus scan and it sorted it. I use AVG free which you can find on Google play. Might be worth a go.

Yeah, i'm using the main browser so i'll try Chrome next time i'm using my phone to see if it makes a difference.  Who'd have thought it would be so random. It used to work fine from my Edge.  Is AVG any good too? I had it on my desktop and have recently thought about downloading it to the phone.

Yeah, i'm using the main browser so i'll try Chrome next time i'm using my phone to see if it makes a difference.  Who'd have thought it would be so random. It used to work fine from my Edge.  Is AVG any good too? I had it on my desktop and have recently thought about downloading it to the phone.

Yep. Def try Chrome. Opera is a good browser too. Much better than the default Samsung rubbish. I've always had AVG. It's brilliant and does an auto weekly scan and flags up any dodgy texts that come through too. Plus it's free!

I think someone else mentioned the RSS feed - that should be fixed now and the automated twitter (https://twitter.com/otib_co_uk) and facebook feeds (https://www.facebook.com/OneTeamInBristolForum) are running again although the FB one seems to be having some issues identifying the topic name.

@Tomarse i logged it in the original forum upgrade thread about the RSS feed. It still shows all threads that are at the top, such as the pinned topics. Will the RSS feed need to be set up again for it to only show the newest created topics?

Yep. Def try Chrome. Opera is a good browser too. Much better than the default Samsung rubbish. I've always had AVG. It's brilliant and does an auto weekly scan and flags up any dodgy texts that come through too. Plus it's free!

I have tried two free systems, AVG and AVAST, but am not sure which one is better.

Does anybody with more computer knowledge than me have any opinion? 

I can't do anything about these till the 4.1 update but it's likely to be next few weeks.

It appears the speed issues are stable now and also upped the hardware a bit yesterday so can look at other stuff. 

Archived