IGNORED

Forum Problems Question

Loco Rojo

I generally use a netbook when posting on here... I gave up using my phone since the 'upgrade'...it's absolutely useless on a phone.

When cutting and pasting, on either format, the edit seems to go mental. This whole paragraph arrow mullarky seems to be causing the problem...plus when you want to highlight something and delete it from a post, it won't let you. You have to use the backspace button to remove each individual letter.

It's got to a point, where I give up and don't post it.

What is noticeable...is there seems to be a lot less people posting since the upgrade.

I generally use a netbook when posting on here... I gave up using my phone since the 'upgrade'...it's absolutely useless on a phone.

When cutting and pasting, on either format, the edit seems to go mental. This whole paragraph arrow mullarky seems to be causing the problem...plus when you want to highlight something and delete it from a post, it won't let you. You have to use the backspace button to remove each individual letter.

What is noticeable...is there seems to be a lot less people posting since the upgrade.

Well that will save @Tomarse some issues with storage...... ;)

The most annoying thing since the update is that on my iPhone everytime you click on thread it puts you back to the start and not where you last viewed - is there anyway around this? Not sure if this is the case for laptops too

click on the icon to the left of the topic title. 

Funny as generally stats are up.

The editor issue will be fixed in a few weeks, just waiting on IPS. If you are on Android simply don't use the standard browser, it's better off using chrome 

click on the icon to the left of the topic title. 

You must be fed up of answering this question by now! Is there any chance of bringing back the previous behaviour? I noticed from the homepage of the forum clicking a thread title will take you to last viewed, but within chat forum its different behaviour, which makes it more confusing.

One weird little thing happening for me - if I'm on the homepage it looks like I'm not logged in, and entering name/password doesn't change anything. Once I click on an inner forum page it then shows my username. Not a big problem obviously, just mentioning in passing.

I have tried two free systems, AVG and AVAST, but am not sure which one is better.

Does anybody with more computer knowledge than me have any opinion? 

I don't have a high level of knowledge of Computers other than high usage. I have used both these freebies too and I would say that AVG is less "nannyish" and doesn't intervene as much. I have noticed with the latest AVG release that it keeps suggesting you are going lose it unless you pay for it, throughout the 30 day trial but when it expires you get the option of keeping the free cover which is more than sufficient for a user like me as I don't go off into the dark recesses of the net.

You must be fed up of answering this question by now! Is there any chance of bringing back the previous behaviour? I noticed from the homepage of the forum clicking a thread title will take you to last viewed, but within chat forum its different behaviour, which makes it more confusing.

One weird little thing happening for me - if I'm on the homepage it looks like I'm not logged in, and entering name/password doesn't change anything. Once I click on an inner forum page it then shows my username. Not a big problem obviously, just mentioning in passing.

I sort of hope that there might a mod, or way to do it. With the option to turn it off/on per user.  Waiting for this update in next few weeks to see what options are chaged as its sort of from feedback of users/admin etc.

Are you logging in via FB/Twitter or just manual username/pass? Sounds like a cookie issue of sorts.

Hi, firstly, this isn't a dig at the Mods or anything about the slow running of this place or a bash at the other knowm problems people have raised which are trying to be fixed. This is a genuine question...

Since the change to the forum, every time I click to reply to a thread I'm unable to do so on my mobile (Samsung S6 Edge) because the keyboard doesn't appear. funnily enough it allows me to start a new thread but doesn't seem to allow me to reply (maybe I should take the hint ;-). Has anyone else experienced this and know how to get around it?

Just to add, I really need a way to resolve this as all my keyboard warrior negativity is building up and I need the release! My girlfriend is getting sick of me talking football to her and would appreciate the help too.

Had this same problem with my Samsung phone and simple solution is press and hold in the reply box and the keyboard appears.

Had this same problem with my Samsung phone and simple solution is press and hold in the reply box and the keyboard appears.

Cheers. Tried this (and lots of other ways) but no luck other than to press the B, I or Underline icons which forces the keyboard to pop up. No matter, it works. 

FAO Tom - sorry if this thread has gone off topic slightly from my original question.

I sort of hope that there might a mod, or way to do it. With the option to turn it off/on per user.  Waiting for this update in next few weeks to see what options are chaged as its sort of from feedback of users/admin etc.

Are you logging in via FB/Twitter or just manual username/pass? Sounds like a cookie issue of sorts.

Just manual, doing a blitz of the browser cached data has sorted it, thanks!

(and apologies for invading your thread loco)

Archived