IGNORED

The Official Ipswich Town v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Before the game I would've taken a point but considering we were up with less than 5 minutes remaining, I think it hurts. Maybe tomorrow the lads can look back and say we played well but today it hurts. 

Again badically no subs used or used much too late. Sure we could've used fresh legs. I know Pack and Wilbs are tall and can help in the box defensively but we were already quite big back there. An away point is good but considering all things should've had 3.

must win at home to MK dons

I'd have been happy with a point pre-game, so that's a good start to what hopefully is an improvement in our fortunes.

Still concerned at our inability to keep out goals, and quite what is going on with our bench; fancy it might be a sign to the board that SC needs some backing, perhaps?

Got to be honest, I don't share in the mass moaning but I think Cotterill is being a right Diva with this 6 on the bench b0ll0ck$. We were amateur enough as it was in our pre-season and recruitment full stop but this type of thing just makes us look like a Sunday Pub outfit. We must be the only professional football club in England that cannot fill a bench - except we can because we could stick an Under 21 on there (scrap the Academy if NONE of them are up to it, simple as that).

• Like 4

Whats the point of filling the bench just for the sake of it ? And why is the club amateur ?

It used to be five on the bench - don't know why they changed it to seven, seems ott to me.

Six is more than enough.

2-2 draw at Ipswich, 6 on the bench doesn't appear to make any difference at all.

But you and others have to find something to moan at I suppose.

We have space so why not give the youngsters match day experience?  Smacks of dummy throwing to be honest.

• Like 2

Whats the point of filling the bench just for the sake of it ? And why is the club amateur ?

It used to be five on the bench - don't know why they changed it to seven, seems ott to me.

Six is more than enough.

2-2 draw at Ipswich, 6 on the bench doesn't appear to make any difference at all.

If you have a 7th you can use it to give a young starlet an experience of first team away games, if you have 7 it means that you can effectively cover every single position and then some. It simply decreases the chances of having to play people out of position. Why in any world would you not have 7 players on the bench? Its Cotts making a point that has already been made. Lloyd Kelly would've been a nice person to have on the bench, he can cover Baker and Bryan.

• Like 4

Six is more than enough.

Grow up and read the post properly you big Jessie.

If you have a 7th you can use it to give a young starlet an experience of first team away games, if you have 7 it means that you can effectively cover every single position and then some. It simply decreases the chances of having to play people out of position. Why in any world would you not have 7 players on the bench? Its Cotts making a point that has already been made. Lloyd Kelly would've been a nice person to have on the bench, he can cover Baker and Bryan.

It's sad that you have to explain this to some people.

• Like 4

Six is more than enough.

7 players gives you 7 options to change things; it's something the opposition have at their disposal, so why limit and deny ourselves that?

We've got a good point today; no question, and while I don't share the idea that a 6 person bench is in any way making us look amateur, it is more than just not bothering to fill it - it limits SC's options, and even if he rarely changes his team's, he doesn't tend to run with a cut-size bench, so I think this is a message.