IGNORED

The Official Ipswich Town v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Which ever way you look at it,

Good point.

Annoying to concede another 2 goals . Minus 8 GD in 9 games is poor and you don't have to have an FA badge to work out where the problems are.

Great that Kodjia is scoring regularly, imagine what he could be like when he understands his team mates ! 

Now that's out of the way I really don't get SC acting like a petulant child with the bench, he's proving nothing and potentially making problems for himself/the team. Cutting his nose of to spite his face, as me dear old Mum used to say.

I'm concerned, but not overly worried. We had a spell last year when we conceded 13 in 7, we tightened up and need to do the same soon. The team needs tweaking not wholesale changes  . A win next week could start to put a different complexion on the season so far, mind you , lose and some peoples heads will explode on here.

Got to be honest, I don't share in the mass moaning but I think Cotterill is being a right Diva with this 6 on the bench b0ll0ck$. We were amateur enough as it was in our pre-season and recruitment full stop but this type of thing just makes us look like a Sunday Pub outfit. We must be the only professional football club in England that cannot fill a bench - except we can because we could stick an Under 21 on there (scrap the Academy if NONE of them are up to it, simple as that).

its mad that one of the youngsters couldn't be on the bench,very puzzling.think Cotts can be a little eccentric at times,though pleased to say not as much so as 'o dismal!!!

On a different note. Listening to Radio Bristol , the interviews were on. 

The Squatters manager's dismal moaning passed me by. SC was ok , we should have won the game apparently. 

But bloody hell how boring is Paul Sturrock, he has to be the dullist man in the world. If i had a bridge near me ( I'm at home so doubtful I know) I'd have thrown myself off. There rant over, and not about City :cool:

I really did fancy the win, honest guv I did, but by damn I'll gladly take the draw and accept the point with open hands.

Well done to the City lads, you've got to say that's a decent draw against one of the better Championship teams, and all the more satisfying in their own patch.

Now on to MK Dons and the chance to give them a mauling.

On a different note. Listening to Radio Bristol , the interviews were on. 

The Squatters manager's dismal moaning passed me by. SC was ok , we should have won the game apparently. 

But bloody hell how boring is Paul Sturrock, he has to be the dullist man in the world. If i had a bridge near me ( I'm at home so doubtful I know) I'd have thrown myself off. There rant over, and not about City :cool:

Paul Sturrock is MS and his speach has been detoriating slowly for quite a long time. O

Me Very much happy with a point at Ipswich. It's a shame we are still porous at the back, and I'll need to see the highlights before I can discuss how they could've been prevented however a point that was very much needed has been earned. 

So what next then? Well a crucial match against MK Dons. Crucial in that 

a) we have to win back points lost from Rotherham 

b) we have to show progression from last season. 

Steve has to get us sorted out at home and make teams fear playing at Ashton Gate. The first twenty minutes will be crucial. We cannot concede during them. If we can make it to half time, then that's even better. 

I also hope that Kodjia is going under the radar of those in the market for a striker. I fear a situation could arise a la Matt Smith in that he almost could do too well for us and attract interest we can't ignore. 

Me Very much happy with a point at Ipswich. It's a shame we are still porous at the back, and I'll need to see the highlights before I can discuss how they could've been prevented however a point that was very much needed has been earned. 

So what next then? Well a crucial match against MK Dons. Crucial in that 

a) we have to win back points lost from Rotherham 

b) we have to show progression from last season. 

Steve has to get us sorted out at home and make teams fear playing at Ashton Gate. The first twenty minutes will be crucial. We cannot concede during them. If we can make it to half time, then that's even better. 

I also hope that Kodjia is going under the radar of those in the market for a striker. I fear a situation could arise a la Matt Smith in that he almost could do too well for us and attract interest we can't ignore. 

RE: Kodjia he won't unless we get a silly offer.. 7m +. He's probably not on enormous wages either. 

Well when you consider how much we were going to spend on Gray and Gayle, anything is (unfortunately) possible.

Can you imagine SL sanctioning selling one of our best players if we're still near the bottom? I just can't. Sometimes that's to his detriment. Brentford, for example, would; we often let pride/fear get in the way of rational decision making when it comes to selling players.

Edited by Phileas Fogg

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hyBoa-zZAPQ 

Had a little chat with a Bristol City fan he said City get some points a fast as you can ....

Ho, ...Ho, ...Ho,...Ho!....

Kodjia Jump On It,  jump on it, jump on it.....

Flinty Jump On It, jump on it, jump on it...

Freeman Get On It, get on it, get on it....

BristolCity Jump On It, jump on it, jump on it!!! etc...etc

(insert players 'jump on it/get on it' name as appropriate)

We've had a patchy start to the season so far many of us are 'confused' by this ....

Its time now for us all to... Jump On It... Jump On It.. Jump On It... (dump the 'patchy' let's get with the Apache..

City - Get On It ..Get On It... Get On It!.....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A1I8pVi981I

Freeman and Kodjia .... Two outta three aint bad ....

jump on it jump on it jump on it!!! :)

Can you imagine SL sanctioning selling one of our best players if we're still near the bottom? I just can't. Sometimes that's to his detriment. Brentford, for example, would; we often let pride/fear get in the way of rational decision making when it comes to selling players.

If Lansdown was willing to spend £9m on a further striker then he clearly there is absolutely no financial pressure to sell one for a similar figure. I cannot see Kodjia going anywhere.

Ah well...decent game that one, enjoyed it, that's a good result & actually thought we defended ok, esp in the air. A few things we need to improve on imho 

movement off the ball.....too many occasions where players are looking up with nothing to pass to today

calm heads when clearing...understandable but too many panic station hacks clear.

subs.....yeah when the legs have gone(wilbs didn't look like he could get off the ground for headers from about 60)

On to mk. I think we'll win that.

Sturrock has Parkinson's disease, not MS.

If it is then that also affects the motor skills and probably the speech as well.  My late mother had Parkinson's, it is a terrible condition  and makes various parts of your body shake, usually the head, arms and legs.  When she contracted Cancer, the Parkinson's condition disappeared, so it looked like a case of the worse condition taking over.  Still very sorry for Paul and I hope he can continue in his work, as he has a very tough job at Yeovil. 

• Like 2