IGNORED

The Official Ipswich Town v Bristol City Match Day Thread

He was diagnosed with it at Plymouth and carried on for a while but I believe the pressure got to him in the end and he moved on. He was always up front about it - no problem with being interviewed about it on the local news - and I think he tried to bring home to people that you can carry on in a high profile job with a condition like that which perhaps helped others who have it. He popped up again at Southend (?) for a while but thought he had retired after that. Really surprised when he took the Yeovil job so I suppose he doesn`t want to let it beat him. Takes some courage to do the interviews I think - it would be easy to pass it on to someone else.

He was diagnosed with it at Plymouth and carried on for a while but I believe the pressure got to him in the end and he moved on. He was always up front about it - no problem with being interviewed about it on the local news - and I think he tried to bring home to people that you can carry on in a high profile job with a condition like that which perhaps helped others who have it. He popped up again at Southend (?) for a while but thought he had retired after that. Really surprised when he took the Yeovil job so I suppose he doesn`t want to let it beat him. Takes some courage to do the interviews I think - it would be easy to pass it on to someone else.

Reading Ralph Milnes book at the moment and never realised Sturrock played with him at Dundee Utd

Reading Ralph Milnes book at the moment and never realised Sturrock played with him at Dundee Utd

Oh yes, that was a great Arabs team, McAlpine, Hegarty, Narey, Milne, Sturrock, Dodds, Ray Stewart... etc etc.

Not a very well known fact but Dundee Utd are the only team to have played Barcelona in Europe and never lost to them, played 4 won 4 !!

They played them in the 1966/67 Fairs Cup and the 1987 UEFA Cup.

Now, people who know me on here are aware that I'm also a pretty big Jags fan (Partick Thistle) for very good reasons.

Anyway, I've been to Tannadice a few times to watch Dundee U vs Jags and the Utd fans I've encountered are horrible types, real big chip on their shoulders because they aren't from Glasgow - but you can never deny that team they had in the late eighties was top notch...

• Like 1

I'd have been happy with a point pre-game, so that's a good start to what hopefully is an improvement in our fortunes.

Still concerned at our inability to keep out goals, and quite what is going on with our bench; fancy it might be a sign to the board that SC needs some backing, perhaps?

As regards the bench , perhaps it's just a way to avoid paying another hotel room and meals .

• Like 1

It's not contagious .

seriously though it's an evil barstard of a disease. Good luck to the man In his fight to preserve the quality of his life.

As regards the bench , perhaps it's just a way to avoid paying another hotel room and meals .

In that case we ought to name just the three subs then !! But in all seriousness you can't use a saving of probably £200 as reasoning when you take into account we have been bidding £7m for players (it would take us 35,000 away matches or 1,522 seasons to balance one off against the other !!).

Edited by Numero Uno