IGNORED

Brighton Away

MurrayLives

Football League really are geniuses putting games like these on Tuesday evenings, how many fans realistically are going to travel to Brighton on a Tuesday? If we have 419 as mentioned above that's already a cracking effort imo.

apparently clubs request longer trips during midweek - I can't remember the rationale but I think it's around over night stops. Our players spent days at a time on the road last year so who knows

I'm driving to this 1 , anyone had experience of parking near the ground..?

It is extremely limited parking at the ground and not much nearby. The ground is at Falmer, which is outside Brighton. You could get the train from Brighton or Lewes as there is a good service from both. 

It is extremely limited parking at the ground and not much nearby. The ground is at Falmer, which is outside Brighton. You could get the train from Brighton or Lewes as there is a good service from both. 

Am i right in thinking the train fare is included in the match ticket price..?

The ground was designed to be accessed by rail, Falmer station is literally next to the ground. There's a no parking zone around the ground. Regular trains (takes a few minutes only) from Brighton Central or Lewes.  There is a large pay and display car park at Brighton central, loads of pubs around the front of the station but the car park is accessed from behind the station and difficult to find (use directions to Jurys Inn Brighton as it's opposite the car park, directions for the station take you to the front of the station and you can't get to the car park from there.

More here about the Amex

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/amex-stadium-brighton-and-hove-albion.html#aby-train

link parking at station P & D on Jurys website

https://www.jurysinns.com/hotels/brighton/map

Use JustPark to park on someone's drive. I'm going to this one and I've paid £6 to park a 10 minute walk from the ground.

I'm a big fan of JustPark and use it all the time. Rarely seems to get a mention on here but invariably you get a good, close spot for less than a car park or train. Cost-wise Brighton may be the exception with public transport included with the ticket, but even so it's saves a lot of messing about.

Use JustPark to park on someone's drive. I'm going to this one and I've paid £6 to park a 10 minute walk from the ground.

I'm a big fan of JustPark and use it all the time. Rarely seems to get a mention on here but invariably you get a good, close spot for less than a car park or train. Cost-wise Brighton may be the exception with public transport included with the ticket, but even so it's saves a lot of messing about.

Nice 1 , this sprang to mind earlier but couldn't remember the name . Thanks again.

The ground was designed to be accessed by rail, Falmer station is literally next to the ground. There's a no parking zone around the ground. Regular trains (takes a few minutes only) from Brighton Central or Lewes.  There is a large pay and display car park at Brighton central, loads of pubs around the front of the station but the car park is accessed from behind the station and difficult to find (use directions to Jurys Inn Brighton as it's opposite the car park, directions for the station take you to the front of the station and you can't get to the car park from there.

More here about the Amex

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/amex-stadium-brighton-and-hove-albion.html#aby-train

link parking at station P & D on Jurys website

https://www.jurysinns.com/hotels/brighton/map

Meanwhile in backward Bristol, the Green Capital of Europe, a railway line lies dormant, passenger station rots and 40 years of bickering continues about the opening of the railway next to AG. 

Politicians are dumb shits, the lot of them. They need to get out of the City more and realise they are the laughing stock of the Country - even in sleepy old Devon we get things done in quicker time. 

good tip for anyone staying over and going to game from central Brighton. After 4.30 pm your match ticket can be used to travel for game by bus/ train. Falmer train station is right next to ground. Easy from Brighton Central. Easy after the game to. One thing Bristol should be ashamed of... Its public transport # embarrassing

Where is everyone drinking before hand, I am going and my hq is in Brighton....can I suggest we meet in the Prince Albert, 48 tralgar street, it's about 2 mins from train station and is a quality pub....it is the place where banksy did his kissing policeman graffiti... And it is encased on the side of the pub...good pub with stowford on tap and plenty of outside area....I and a mate will be their from 5pm if anyone wants to join in....can get a coup,le of hours drinking in before getting trap which takes about 20 mins....let me know who is coming?

Where is everyone drinking before hand, I am going and my hq is in Brighton....can I suggest we meet in the Prince Albert, 48 tralgar street, it's about 2 mins from train station and is a quality pub....it is the place where banksy did his kissing policeman graffiti... And it is encased on the side of the pub...good pub with stowford on tap and plenty of outside area....I and a mate will be their from 5pm if anyone wants to join in....can get a coup,le of hours drinking in before getting trap which takes about 20 mins....let me know who is coming?

sounds a plan, me and 3 others travelling down and staying over. Staying near train station so seems a plan, plan to get train to game as included in ticket price.

Archived