IGNORED

How important was that result?

Following last nights performance and          result life would appear to be much more positive. Surely a huge boost to confidence for the squad as well as a very healthy improvement to the league position. I'm sure we all hope that this is the result that can provide a springboard for a good run of results. Is it only now that the result is in the bag that we can admit how important that game was for our season? 

Clean sheet just as important as the win for me. Defence were pretty Solis throughout. Baker and Flint played blinders for me. Hopefully the boys will be up for Tuesday night off the back off the result yesterday and we can really kick on now

3 games undefeated although could and shoud have been 3 wins can only help to give the team confidence, the first half performance tonight was one of the best of the season and although we still looked shakeu at the back was hopefully a giant step forward, 2 very tough games coming up now and hopefully the win will give us  the momentum to go and take some points out of these 2 games

Huge huge result.

We still looked quite vulnerable at times, but I feel our biggest problem is a naivety in not knowing when to play the percentages.
Too often we attempt to play our 5 a side triangles in inappropriate situations/areas, and we nearly got caught out with costly errors when there was no need to push the tempo.
It's great to have the confidence to want to try and play 'football' at all times, but sometimes they try to force a pass when there simply is nothing on. That's the time to play percentages in the channels or show things down..

It was a very welcome 3 points against a very poor side. We still gave the ball away far too often, but there were some encouraging signs. We now face two tough away games, let's hope we an build on last nights win.

They were poor but we did n't give them any chance to settle until the second half. It makes a pleasant change to be the ruthless team .

Paying it down slightly, it's as an important three points on the first mission, to get 50+ points.  Doesn't really matter who they come against, unless they be one proverbial 6 pointers.

Having said that, I'm really hoping it's a boost going into 2 tough away games, and buys the squad a bit time away from the bottom...where they are bound to be nervous and can't play with the freedom they want to.

As above, could've quite easily been 9 points from last 3 games....but this league is tough.

I went to last nights game thinking we'd win 3-1....and then I saw the Forest subs doing keep ball in front of me....Williams, Bkackstock, Ward etc, and then I suddenly realised that there is some serious quality in this division, and not just the top sides.

Every three points is gonna be a graft.

Vital, first home win and long overdue. Performances have, on the whole been ok but we've been leaking goals and the clean sheet will help too.

Still a few unforced errors but with confidence they could be reduced, clean sheet with only one real save from FF is good. Defence was mostly solid and if we can stop conceding possession as we did in the second half (again confidence will help) it could be a very big 3 points. Looking at the table and not being bottom 3 will also help. Bigger and harder games to come but every journey etc etc.

Important psychologically as much as anything. I am sure there are points we have dropped this year because of the extra pressure of being in the bottom three, and it all becomes self fulfilling. MK the most obvious one. If we had been mid table, I am sure we would have won, because we would have been a lot less fearful of not winning - if that makes any sense!

Archived