IGNORED

The u21s

TammyAB

Cheers for the link. Just watched it. McCoulskey looks like an outstanding prospect. Batten and Morrell look decent too. Hard to tell which ones might become first team players one day. Some players that look brilliant at a young age fail to ever make it at a high level. But the way we passed the ball and pressed and some of the movement was fantastic. Wade has them playing some good stuff, very unlucky to lose but maybe went too ott on the pressing and were shattered in the last 20 minutes. I think Cotterill needs to be brave in using young talent. I am not saying play any of these guys yet, but they should use one or two on the bench when we're short on numbers. And although Reid has had some opportunities, I think Burns could be given more of a chance off the bench. They only really improve with game time.

I'm not happy when  a bunch of 21 year old men are given the impression they have a future within football when they really should concentrate on getting a job.  

So are you saying that you saw no talent, that U21 football shouldn't exist and they should just be plucked from amateur teams or that none of the names are Swedish enough for you?

I did not spot a game plan or any player sticking out. Maybe Brentford are the Barcelona of the division and our players are just 18 but it did not look promising. Young people should not be cheated just to uphold jobs.

I'm guessing you didn't watch the first half then.

So are you saying that you saw no talent, that U21 football shouldn't exist and they should just be plucked from amateur teams or that none of the names are Swedish enough for you?

Because of our academy level we can only sign "locally" compared to for example Southampton. If we have the ambition to step it up this should stated officially. If not the academy should be closed down as there is no excuse for fooling young people.  

Maybe the U21:s is part of the Community Trust? If you are 21 and not good enough for the first team you should not be at Bristol City FC.   

Absolutely rubbish. Burns and Reid weren't good enough for our first team last year but are good enough this year. 

Maybe the U21:s is part of the Community Trust? If you are 21 and not good enough for the first team you should not be at Bristol City FC.   

some utter nonsense gets shared on this forum 

some really articulate stuff is also discussed to be fair.

guess where I think your post sits ?

you know before posting this I would expect you to have a really intimate understanding of academy players and how they develop 

if you do then please share that with me.

i know most of these guys and watched them grow through the academy.

some players develop incredibly quickly even as young as 16/18 but equally can blow up in their middle 20s

others develop much later , the trick for our coaches is to spot the late developers and not dismiss them like you have done

if you had any idea of how much commitment pain and sacrifice goes into getting to be an U21 player in a club like BC you would hesitate before typing away in such a gung Ho manner .

stop being so stupid and narrow minded. Every club that has an ounce of ambition has an academy, they are almost a requirement. This under 21 group at the moment are one of the most talented group we've had at the academy, with most being around 17 - 19 years of age. Think about it, one of our most valuable assets as a club came through our very own academy. What I saw yesterday night was a clearly talented group playing out of their skin, maybe too hard, as shown in the last 29 minutes. The under 21's are not part of then community trust, but they do get help, both in footballing terms and academically, which will help if they do get released. However, if this group there is around 7 players who I think will play in the first team one day. 

Archived