IGNORED

The Official Cardiff City v Champions Match Day Thread

Every word, sentence and punctuation mark in your post is utter nonsense.

errr, there was no punctuation. Says all you need to know about the fella... Or could it be a computer programme turning binary into irrelevant words?

i am loving the 3-5-2 persistence... Nobody else does it, we are thankfully gonna stick with it and are gradually coming to terms with life in the Champs... In the meantime the entertainment value is stupendous. 

errr, there was no punctuation. Says all you need to know about the fella... Or could it be a computer programme turning binary into irrelevant words?

i am loving the 3-5-2 persistence... Nobody else does it, we are thankfully gonna stick with it and are gradually coming to terms with life in the Champs... In the meantime the entertainment value is stupendous. 

errr, there was a comma and 4 hyphens, I believe you will find teacher.

Agreed. The mood seems a lot better than the first month of the season. Team is becoming more solid, defence is still a bit shaky and exposed at times but looks like Cotts might be right about 15 games to adjust.  

I agree with this, but confidence can be fragile, injuries etc mean we are sailing close to the wind.

Last six, we have lost to Reading and Brighton, drawn three, and won one. That does not suggest weare getting blown away, equally, it is winning enough of the games like the MK one which will define our seaeon. Week ago we were bottom, now we are now a point out of it. Great point tonight if we can now follow it up v Fulham.

• Like 1

So you think he got the better of their defenders tonight?

I don't think there was a striker on the field who got the better of any defenders all night, that's why it ended 0-0, as I said on another post, he was a rock defensively, he chased down in midfield and in the 2nd half created the space that Kodjia needed to be a threat.

On another thread a poster did stats on him in the 2nd half, they may surprise you, but I doubt it, you and several others have already made your mind up I suspect.

How many times have you said 12 games and 11 points is dreadful ?

Must be.....ummm....once. And you're fed up saying it ? Easily fed up.

Other than that, its a real stonker of a post - brilliant in fact.

So bad, its good.

Should it go in the Classic box? It really is bad enough to qualify :D 

Great performance. Korey brilliant again. 

Worries ... Jesz we need a natural goalscorer, Flint got caught square too many times but was generally solid and Frankie needs to dominate the box more. 

But fantastic overall... and our Joe is back. 

This is what I love about football, it's all about opinions! All the guys who watched it in the pub with me thought Joe had a shocker...

Erm, just read Sky's report online. Apparently Crapdiff will be disappointed as they 'spurned a host of chances'?! Clearly Stockhausen is now writing for Sky! 

Check out BBC then if you think that is bad...

What an utterly incorrect and pathetic report from an obviously partisan welshman, duhhhh, writing this report for the BBC... shameful they used such a reporter to write up the match... pathethic in fact and another example of the downward spiral of inept reporting from the once venerable organisation...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34568507

I mean really? Is this what the licence fee goes towards?

Unbelievable crap. Sorry folks but it is.

This is a classic piece of shite reporting:-

"Set up in a 5-3-2 formation to counter Cardiff's rigid 4-4-2, Bristol City looked to stretch the game at every opportunity."

I just want to print the name of the tit who wrote it:- Dafydd Pritchard

why??

i thought joe b looked poor compared to his usual standard. Tentative going forward and got done a bit by no one and then amoebic. But not too worried as we know he'll come good again.

why??

i thought joe b looked poor compared to his usual standard. Tentative going forward and got done a bit by no one and then amoebic. But not too worried as we know he'll come good again.

Because we did NOT set up in a 5-3-2 formation for one and, secondly, we did not counter them; we set up as we always do.

• Like 2

Thanks to Gazzetta Tv, I was able to watch the match.

I'm satisfied with the team's performance, but not very happy about the result: it was a very open game, and both teams could have scored and won it, but I guess our Robins were more brilliant and dangerous than the Bluebirds, and deserved something more. The lads should improve in the attacking zone,as soon as possible...because creating so many chances and not winning is becoming a huge problem.

Anyway...the players I liked the most yesterday are Pack (he was everywhere, and moved the ball well), Ayling (solid in defense, and useful in the midfield too) and Kodja (absolute class, unlucky not to have scored). 

Edited by Dan Robin

As others have said, and the commentator if I remember correctly, Wilbs was all over the pitch and put in many, many miles; prob more than most; he was just as likely to clear a ball in his own area and then minutes later put Kod through.

Wilbs has a good goalscoring ratio and leads the line, against many prem exp defenders, is our captain and gives everything. Sorry but if you think his contribution was zero in the 2nd half maybe you were looking for a "goal hanger" which he aint.

I for once think Wilbs lasted the 90 pretty well.  I thought he did better against Morrison as the game went on.  Perhaps it was Morrison tiring?