IGNORED

Burt

Rob k

I see Cotterill and the players all getting slated after today's shambles and rightly so, however, 

How does 'burt' seem to escape any Critism ever, he managed to secure 1 signing over the summer, he's as much (or more) to blame than anyone.

The failure of our summers work is why we are where we are and I have zero confidence he can change things in January.

How has it come to this after last season?

11 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I see Cotterill and the players all getting slated after today's shambles and rightly so, however, 

How does 'burt' seem to escape any Critism ever, he managed to secure 1 signing over the summer, he's as much (or more) to blame than anyone.

The failure of our summers work is why we are where we are and I have zero confidence he can change things in January.

Burt doesn't pick the formation or make the substitutions .

1 minute ago, wheatus59 said:

I dont disagree with that but the buck has to stop with the manager who seems incapable of seeing what everyone else sees .

Dont get me wrong I fully agree with that and said elsewhere that it will be SC stubbornness to change formation that will cost him his job but I still think our poor summers recruitment has put us in this position - we were up by March 

2 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Dont get me wrong I fully agree with that and said elsewhere that it will be SC stubbornness to change formation that will cost him his job but I still think our poor summers recruitment has put us in this position - we were up by March 

Yup. From the board down to the players. It's a combination of everything. Horrid summer, stubborn manager and players not good enough. The club has failed us and themselves from June up until now. Everyone employed in the part of the team that plays matches needs to take a hard look in the mirror and say I haven't been good enough. 

26 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I've lost confidence in Cotts ability to find players better equipped for the Champ than we have. With the exception of Baker look at what he's brought in and then doesn't use. It speaks volumes. He's basically saying 'I screwed up again' every time he fails to play them (and he hasn't really given some a chance - Robinson for one). I'm not saying they are the answer, they just add to the reasons why Cotts is not the man for us in the Champ. Burt too if he recommended them.

There are a number of very different reasons why City have been struggling. Question is where to start?

Its been a major step up in quality since last season and it most definitely shows. 

Recruitment, or lack of it during the summer. That leads on to why that happened. Was it Senior Lansdown who refused to pay the wages? Was it that players didn't want to come to AG? Who knows?

Formation. That falls directly at the feet of SC. 3-5-2 hasn't been paying off and we saw that again today but Cotterill refuses to change his style of play. Other managers at Championship level know how to play against it and set up accordingly. 

I don't see the need to appoint blame - not yet anyway.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Steve Lansdown is in control so Monkeh was wrong.

Yep exactly...where do you stand do we need change? I still believe there are 3 worse teams than us in the league and watching Preston v Bolton reaffirms that, at least we look like we can score!

i haven't hit panic button yet and think cotts needs a good November to try and turn it around, other than Sheffield wed, reading and today we haven't been outplayed

Archived