IGNORED

Bolton's woes

Loderingo

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎09‎:‎07‎:‎08, Nogbad the Bad said:

I was there, 75-76 promotion season, top of the table clash 5 days before Christmas.

Gloomy cold day, we lost 1-0, and I remember a young Sam Allardyce was playing for Bolton.

No segregation and the City fans were hemmed in, surrounded by police, against a high wall at the back of a huge open terrace with Bolton fans chucking stuff at them throughout.

I was incognito with my brother in the top corner of the same terrace so had a good view of the 'action' to my left throughout.

At the end we left the ground crammed in with celebrating Bolton fans singing, 'We are top of the league.'

Which I think we might have been had we not lost.

Miserable day but at the end of the season we went up, and Bolton missed out by one point.

It was pointed out a few years later, that if it had been three points for a win then, Bolton would have gone up instead of City. Their older fans who remember 75-76 have had it in for us since then.

Jeff Stelling said earlier £172m as at last April. He did also wonder how a club could continue with that level of debt.

Would we want them to go bust? Would just two go down from the champ and three come up with a knock on effect down the leagues? We`d need to know how many points our rivals would lose compared to our one from today as well.

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Jeff Stelling said earlier £172m as at last April. He did also wonder how a club could continue with that level of debt.

Would we want them to go bust? Would just two go down from the champ and three come up with a knock on effect down the leagues? We`d need to know how many points our rivals would lose compared to our one from today as well.

I'd be amazed if they didnt go bust if that figure is true... However they'll survive as a club but could see a huge points deduction.

Not quite as clear cut as that. The vast majority of that is owed to their owner, so it is not like they have creditors knocking on their door. It is really not in his interests to see Bolton go bust and lose any chance of getting it back. Clearly he is not keen to put much more in, and that is were their current problems lie.

38 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Not quite as clear cut as that. The vast majority of that is owed to their owner, so it is not like they have creditors knocking on their door. It is really not in his interests to see Bolton go bust and lose any chance of getting it back. Clearly he is not keen to put much more in, and that is were their current problems lie.

Correct. Essentially the same as us with Lansdown, only on a much, much bigger scale and the owner isn't willing to keep bankrolling them.

15 hours ago, cityexile said:

I've read a number of Bolton fans this week discussing a Wonga-type loan that was taken out this year on ludicrous interest rates. Whatever the numbers they are up a Creek. 

Someone said £75k a week loan interest alone. 

Archived