IGNORED

Paris attacks news coverage (MERGED)

The Batman

40 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Why are the French so slow to react,we all knew the hostage takers wurnt willing to come out alive and yet they waited and waited 

26 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Being ex forces it's only a opinion,maybe I'm not shocked like the rest of you,I'm sorry 

if you are ex forces then you should know you cannot just storm a building at the drop of the hat, firstly you need to mobilise your elite units and then you need to clear and secure a safe area, you need intel and a plan of the building and a plan of attack, sadly it takes longer than 15 minutes to formulate all that FFS.

18 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

if you are ex forces then you should know you cannot just storm a building at the drop of the hat, firstly you need to mobilise your elite units and then you need to clear and secure a safe area, you need intel and a plan of the building and a plan of attack, sadly it takes longer than 15 minutes to formulate all that FFS.

You sir are correct it takes longer than 15 minutes,it doesn't however take over a hour when you know what the threat is

7 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Being ex forces it's only a opinion,maybe I'm not shocked like the rest of you,I'm sorry 

I'm guessing you didn't get very far in your military career and certainly weren't in charge of anyone. 

And before you counter with "I was in charge of 500 men", let me assure you that I don't believe you. 

A single active shooter situation is the stuff of nightmares, let alone a group of them. You just can't send people in blind otherwise you're putting your personnel at risk. 

A really sad day, but you just might want to consider what you've written before clicking "submit reply". 

35 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I'm guessing you didn't get very far in your military career and certainly weren't in charge of anyone. 

And before you counter with "I was in charge of 500 men", let me assure you that I don't believe you. 

A single active shooter situation is the stuff of nightmares, let alone a group of them. You just can't send people in blind otherwise you're putting your personnel at risk. 

A really sad day, but you just might want to consider what you've written before clicking "submit reply". 

Something tells me he'd had a few sherberts last night. What a complete tool.

5 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

And how does a country like France defend against this threat with so many areas of access into the country?

Very difficult but the bigger problem is how do you defend against those already within the country.

Sad day here today

8 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You sir are correct it takes longer than 15 minutes,it doesn't however take over a hour when you know what the threat is

Utter nonsense, firstly there wouldn't have been enough elite police firearms teams actually on duty to deal with an incident of this magnitude, secondly Paris I believe is the biggest city in Europe with Londonesque prices for property, which means that most of it's police officers would live in the suburbs of Paris, from some suburbs of Paris it would take a minimum of an hour to get to a collection point and get kitted up and fully briefed and at the time Paris was in chaotic lock down, so travel would have been even more difficult.

it is obvious that from most of your posts on this thread, including the moronic post about Corbyn that you very either very drunk, on drugs or just incredibly stupid, you claim to be ex forces but don't seem to know shit from pudding.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

1 hour ago, howey_ducky said:

Absolutely terrible what happened last night.

Is France an easy target?  They seem to bare the brunt of these murdering lunatics. 

France is ahead of the UK now cos the French are actually fighting jihadists abroad (Mali, Syria etc), rather than skulking at home because they can't get it past the Commons.
Also, I think the extremists naturally hate the French for past misdeeds more than they hate us. Algeria was very dirty indeed. Plus the French make them take off their veils and generally behave in a non-medieval fashion whenever possible, whereas we're still 'anything goes', more or less.

And as a final bonus, central Paris has loads more Jews living in it than, say, London, so you're bound to hit a few. Plus the French Govt has been far more pro-Israeli than any other in Europe for the past few years.

1 hour ago, howey_ducky said:

Absolutely terrible what happened last night.

Is France an easy target?  They seem to bare the brunt of these murdering lunatics. 

it's an easy target because France admits to being aware of between 4 to 6 million illegal immigrants being at large in France but the educated view is more like 8 to 12 million, it is the product of governments burying their heads in the sand and believing that keeping a partial lid on what is happening is good enough, Britain beware.

The one good thing is the French couldn't give a tuppenny **** about the European court of human rights and many of it's dangerous decisions that good old Britain misguidedly adhere to and also I suspect the French military and police will once the dust has settled on this tragedy will be very active especially in the Northern Paris ghettos where they know many illegals live and there will be many, many forced repatriations. One thing for sure is when stung into action the French do not care about human rights or liberal condemnation to defend it's people.

Not blaming Merkel for this but by god what has she done?.

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

France is ahead of the UK now cos the French are actually fighting jihadists abroad (Mali, Syria etc), rather than skulking at home because they can't get it past the Commons.
Also, I think the extremists naturally hate the French for past misdeeds more than they hate us. Algeria was very dirty indeed. Plus the French make them take off their veils and generally behave in a non-medieval fashion whenever possible, whereas we're still 'anything goes', more or less.

And as a final bonus, central Paris has loads more Jews living in it than, say, London, so you're bound to hit a few. Plus the French Govt has been far more pro-Israeli than any other in Europe for the past few years.

The best PR for ISIS is for Western countries to attack them. Their whole message is against the West and by striking Syria it makes conversion against us easier. If anyone thinks that the strikes by NATO and Russia have not killed innocent civilians is very naive in my opinion. Every death is a martyr who will convert more. For me I think it is crucial that France do not launch any counter strikes.  

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

it's an easy target because France admits to being aware of between 4 to 6 million illegal immigrants being at large in France but the educated view is more like 8 to 12 million, it is the product of governments burying their heads in the sand and believing that keeping a partial lid on what is happening is good enough, Britain beware.

The one good thing is the French couldn't give a tuppenny **** about the European court of human rights and many of it's dangerous decisions that good old Britain misguidedly adhere to and also I suspect the French military and police will once the dust has settled on this tragedy will be very active especially in the Northern Paris ghettos where they know many illegals live and there will be many, many forced repatriations. One thing for sure is when stung into action the French do not care about human rights or liberal condemnation to defends it's people.

Not blaming Merkel for this but by good what has she done?.

I was wondering what would happen if there were attacks on Berlin on the same scale? What will it take to stop the governments from burying their heads?

Be interesting to see who these people were and how long they have been in France. I'm not losing sight that tens of thousands of unknowns have been allowed to freely walk into Europe and still do everyday.

ISIS claimed they would be sending thousands in to destroy Europe from within, I'm not saying this incident is because of this, they may be homegrown. I'm just thankful that David Cameron didn't have his head inside his arsehole and listen to the imbeciles who were prepared to let anyone and everyone come here.

6 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

The best PR for ISIS is for Western countries to attack them. Their whole message is against the West and by striking Syria it makes conversion against us easier. If anyone thinks that the strikes by NATO and Russia have not killed innocent civilians is very naive in my opinion. Every death is a martyr who will convert more. For me I think it is crucial that France do not launch any counter strikes.  

All very laudable so what do you suggest?.

4 minutes ago, screech said:

Be interesting to see who these people were and how long they have been in France. I'm not losing sight that tens of thousands of unknowns have been allowed to freely walk into Europe and still do everyday.

ISIS claimed they would be sending thousands in to destroy Europe from within, I'm not saying this incident is because of this, they may be homegrown. I'm just thankful that David Cameron didn't have his head inside his arsehole and listen to the imbeciles who were prepared to let anyone and everyone come here.

I fear if many more of these attacks happen.... And they will. Citizens of countries all over Europe will turn on all those they think are Muslim. I can see carnage ensuing as the people try to force hidden terrorist from there countries by force. It will be too late for governments to take control... Not that I think they can control this situation

Archived