IGNORED

Sh*t or bust???

Tinmans Love Child

Should we blow the wage structure and budget in January and basically sell our soul to the devil in an attempt to stay up, or should we stick to our ethos and current salary structure and sign some young diamonds in the rough from the lower leagues which keep within the budget?

if history tells us anything, chucking money at new "proven" players is not going to guarantee anything.  The players could come in just for the money and not care one jot, the current players coukd get pi$$ed off because they have got us here and suddenly some other players come in on more money who don't really care, our home grown players get shunted further down the ladder etc etc

The facts are we have only won 3 games in 18, however we are one of 8/9 teams who are also struggling, and in the whole we have had 2 bad games in 6.  If we stay around about where we are now by January I.e. Not cut adrift at the bottom, then it's all to play for.

You see enough stories about football fans hating sky for killing the games with money, expensive ticket prices, stupid pay for players etc etc and it seems most fans on here think the same about money killing the game, so why would anyone want to follow suit for a short term fix, what happens next year if we did stay up and struggle again, chuck more money at it?  In the end it will catch up with us, there is another way!

I would of thought there will be an element of a gamble taken in January.

The club can't afford to drop back down to League 1 for obvious reasons & we were obviously willing to take that element of a gamble in the pre season with the big bids that were made but where do you take that gamble too?

I would personally stay away from the likes of Bradshaw or the lower league players at this stage of the season, I would want such players in during the summer so we could get them used to the change in surroundings & standard.

I guess my prime targets would be the foreign gems but again, something for the summer but for now I'd go for young, hungry players from the premiership, who feel like they have something to prove.

I'd probably look at the loan market with maybe a view to a permanent deal if everything works out come the summer!!

But who d'you go for?

Is Alex Pritchard available? Shone while at Brentford last season, so we know he can do it at this level.

I'm sure others will be able to put a few names in to the pot.

Archived