IGNORED

Baker

Rob k

He should be looking in the mirror for someone to blame.

Yes Baker was daft going in for stuff he shouldn't when on a yellow but any half sensible manager would have had him hauled off when given his final warning. 

Sorry Cotts, but when your centre back in on his final warning and it's not even halfway through the first half and you choose to leave him on when you have options on the bench, you're an idiot. 

If it was Smith or Reid you could understand it as we had no real options, but Derrick could have gone to CB with Joe coming on or a Moore for Baker straight swap. 

Notice how Lambert hauled his guy straight off when he was at risk. 

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

Just listened to SC interview

i would not fancy being Nathon Baker this evening 

He was furious with him wasn't he, rightly so but both are to blame.

If we (presumably) weren't paying big wages and/or a loan fee for him and weren't so short on cover I wouldn't be surprised if he was sent back to Villa due to this.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If we (presumably) weren't paying big wages and/or a loan fee for him and weren't so short on cover I wouldn't be surprised if he was sent back to Villa due to this.

That would help us wouldn't it? Not. So Baker had a bad day at the office but has been a big boost since arriving. Would hate to think where we would be without him.

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

That would help us wouldn't it? Not. So Baker had a bad day at the office but has been a big boost since arriving. Would hate to think where we would be without him.

I agree, been great so far and deserves to come straight back in once suspension is up. Whether he will though is a different matter. 

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

Just listened to SC interview

i would not fancy being Nathon Baker this evening 

Yep, lets deflect absolute garbage management onto one of our players (although he appeared brain dead). Does not take a rocket scientist to take him off 

44 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Don't think he will and we simply can't afford to lose anyone else !!

what concerns me is the manager didn't appear to be too happy about Bakers 'breathing problems' in his post match I/v last week , now this

Hopefully coincidental

28 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don't think he will and we simply can't afford to lose anyone else !!

what concerns me is the manager didn't appear to be too happy about Bakers 'breathing problems' in his post match I/v last week , now this

Hopefully coincidental

No I don't either, partly because I don't think we can if we've paid a fee and also because he's very good. But all the same, if the fee issue wasn't there it wouldn't surprise me *that* much.

Does Baker want out? When the RB guy asked about whether Cotts discussed taking him off at half time, he replied that what is said in the dressing room is not to be discussed outside of there. A perfectly good question was side-stepped but also made to sound more sinister then it should have been. Cotts could've said "yes we did" or "no we didn't" but his answer just sounded odd and unnecessarily defensive. Who knows!

Archived