IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Charlton Athletic Match Day Thread

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

I only hope that the players and manager have more belief than some of the fanbase, otherwise we may as well forget about survival. 

I understand what you are saying but be honest as I said earlier, after the almost inevitable miss of a rare BCFC penalty award, most on here and I bet many at AG could have successfully written the rest of the unwritten script that was about to follow and when life becomes that predictable there is something badly wrong IMO.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I only hope that the players and manager have more belief than some of the fanbase, otherwise we may as well forget about survival. 

I'd like to think 'belief' will keep us up but I don't think it will be enough.  Belief's are dangerous things that lead you to accept the status quo and not questioning the path they're taking you down.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

23 games to go and only in the relegation places on goal difference. Well done on giving up.

Well done on being a happy clapper.

23 games on from our god awful summer and our position is no surprise, even though the small amount of players we do possess are reasonably talented. No reinforcements, no confidence, mismanaged by the higher-ups. We've brought it all upon ourselves.

• Like 2

4 points I'd like to make.

1. We are a couple of players away from mid table. Sort a decent striker and we will be fine. 

2. Nice to meet Basso at the game today. Highlight of my Christmas!

3. Whoever the three absolute scroats were, who waited by the tunnel to give Pack abuse about the penalty and call him #### can do one. I thought they were justifiably waiting for the ref, but ran off after having their say. I'll be back the next home game and I hope they don't do it again... 

4. The ref was beyond a joke.

Edited by Lordofthebling
4 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

23 games on from our god awful summer and our position is no surprise, even though the small amount of players we do possess are reasonably talented. No reinforcements, no confidence, mismanaged by the higher-ups. We've brought it all upon ourselves.

I stated there are 23 games to go and we are in the relegation spots on goal difference. Which bit of that makes me a happy clapper? If quoting the facts makes me a happy clapper, then I guess that's what I am.

Those who have read my previous posts will know I try to offer a realistic perspective without gravitating to either extreme.

Edited by ChippenhamRed
3 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

So not chucking the towel in is 'being a happy clapper' now, is it? 

Stick to crying about JET.

• Like 1
Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

I stated there are 23 games to go and we are in the relegation spots in goal difference. Which bit of that makes me a happy clapper? If quoting the facts makes me a happy clapper, then I guess that's what I am.

Those who have read my previous posts will know I try to offer a realistic perspective without gravitating to either extreme.

You moaning about people being frustrated and seriously concerned about the state we're in, is what makes you one.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I moaned about someone saying they had given up. Very different from expressing frustration and concern, which is clearly both justified and understandable.

A sense of inevitability has loomed over the club since the summer. It's no surprise people are feeling resigned. SC has been let down by the board and we now face the consequences.

This bore all the hallmarks of the early season games where we looked really promising by creating a mass of chances but just didn't convert them and then a momentary lapse losing us either all three or two points. 

Really gutted. My only consolation from today is we have only hit the halfway point so there are still alot of games left where we are still not yet cut adrift, albeit beginning to tread water.

You're 1-0 up, giving the opposition a good thrashing and you finally get the penalty you deserve. The ball crashes against the underside of the bar and...

a) bounces down on to the line, spins past the keeper and into the net. You score a third as the opposition collapses, and the run continues with a hard fought victory two days later away from home. It's the start of the climb to a mid table finish.

b) bounces down on to the line, spins out, and the keeper clears. Your heads go down, the opposition gets new hope and scores in the last minute of injury time. The run continues with a stuffing two days later away from home. It's the start of the slide to eventual relegation.

That's not the fault of the players, manager, chairman, or boardroom cat. That's football :( 

16 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

You're 1-0 up, giving the opposition a good thrashing and you finally get the penalty you deserve. The ball crashes against the underside of the bar and...

a) bounces down on to the line, spins past the keeper and into the net. You score a third as the opposition collapses, and the run continues with a hard fought victory two days later away from home. It's the start of the climb to a mid table finish.

b) bounces down on to the line, spins out, and the keeper clears. Your heads go down, the opposition gets new hope and scores in the last minute of injury time. The run continues with a stuffing two days later away from home. It's the start of the slide to eventual relegation.

That's not the fault of the players, manager, chairman, or boardroom cat. That's football :( 

Normally I would agree that it isn't the fault of the players. Sometimes players give 100% but they just arnt good enough.

Today was different though. If they had put a Sunday morning striker out there today....I would have expected him to take at least one of those opportunities. It was embarrassing.

As for the manager and the board....You can blame them for the absolute mess we find ourselves in at present. 

In fact...I don't know what is worse. Today's finishing....or the way our club was managed in the summer by the powers that be. 

2 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Bit harsh on the Charlton forum. Saying they couldnt believe their luck and we were awful! We were hardly awful. Finishing was awful but our build up play was superb. 

Funny how other fans see it isnt it. 

Superb? We really wernt. Sorry but I struggle to see what some of our fans see sometimes.

We were poor first half, but they were woeful. We improved second half and we created a lot more....but they were still woeful.

It was a poor standard of football on show today. 

You can only play whats infront of you. We battered them. Were they not awful because we didnt let them play more like?!

essentially we cocked it up, as we have many games. Weve probably dropped near 10 points from winnable positions now. 

Need to manage the end of games better. 

Edited by nickolas
7 hours ago, Shtanley said:

You're blaming Cotts for Pack missing the penalty!? Good one! He's scored our last 2 penalties why wouldn't he pick him?!

We had less possession than Charlton yet had 18 shots and twice the corners. You're a loony if you think we're building this stadium for the third division. We're making profit every year whilst teams like Bolton Fulham and forest are investigated for breaking FFP!? How the **** are we badly run? Love the idea of getting rid of lansdowne by the way that's a good one. I'm sure there are loads of billionaire Bristol city fans who won't run up large amounts of debt

When you say that we're making a profit every year........have you ever looked at the club's annual accounts? No profits. None. Just large annual losses.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Aizoon said:

Sorry Aizoon , to lose once like that is unlucky but this is repetitive.

We are in the doodoo and unless there is miraculous business done next month we will be entertaining our old friends in the third division next year .

14 hours ago, BCFC Jordan said:

A sense of inevitability has loomed over the club since the summer. It's no surprise people are feeling resigned. SC has been let down by the board and we now face the consequences.

Agree,SC has been badly let down by those above him...his main problem personally which has crippled us at times is the refusal to make substitutions when they could clearly change the game/have positive impact.that and the baffling blind insistence on not only starting Wilbs but keeping him on too long.was watching Wilbs in the warm-up yesterday,seemed to wince with pain a couple of times and already looked heavy legged!!!....