IGNORED

The Official Burnley v Bristol City Match Day Thread

1 minute ago, RedM said:

We chased the undoubted quality of Grey when we should have been looking at realistic targets who we then missed. Granted Grey has been the difference but we handicapped ourself more than we should have by thinking he would join us.

He didn't join us but he had the choice. He would have been more certain to not join us if we hadn't asked. I'd rather we ask & get turned down than not bother. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I am going to publicly name and shame my Jack Russell Jet, he just over 2 years old and has just realised that he has a heritage in hunting and he has become an expert hodger botherer, we have a huge garden and have several hodgers, I cannot let him out of my sight in the garden, he even decided to wake up one he found attempting to hibernate the other day, I have warned about his nocturnal behaviour and benched him on many occasions but Jet is quite laid back with that.

Fortunately no hodgers have needed hodger ER yet.

Jet's not got *****les up his nose yet, then?

Had enough now, think it's time for us to let Cotterill go. I know whoever comes in will not be able to assess and buy in January, at least not well enough but I think right now we need a motivator, a man manager and Cotterill just isn't that. He's great when he's got a motivated bunch but the last few months shows he can't motivate and use said players to maximise the potential we have when they're down.

If we get relegated we'll lose Kodjia, Baker will be a 100% no chance of signing (although I can't see him staying based on our performances anyway) and we'll be back where we started with a thinner and less talented squad. I think we need to act before it's too late, just as we've done in the past.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

He didn't join us but he had the choice. He would have been more certain to not join us if we hadn't asked. I'd rather we ask & get turned down than not bother. 

Yeah well said. If we didn't ask, we'd be accused of having no ambition. Maybe we should approach emile heskey and appease the fans that think we're being over ambitious ?

Not helping out recruitment pitch in January either. Looking very grim. Yes there are still 22 games left after today but there aren't many weeks when I feel very optimistic and on the ones I am we give away leads to poor sides. 24 games in and the same mistakes and lack of concentration are there. Think that is the frustrating part for us. Don't seem to have complete improvement. Good against QPR, dominant for 70 minutes against Charlton then the last 20 of Charlton and today. It's play well, get nothing, play poor, get nothing and repeat. 

1 minute ago, cottsciderarmy said:

Burnley just sitting back on 2-0 and letting us do what we want with the ball but we are still creating absolutely nothing !

There is in the issue. Their firm has been very mixed. Was always going to be tough for us, but we have made it really easy for them by conceding poor goals. 

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Well put it this way, I can't believe we only had 2 players on our wish list. Common sense isn't it?

M, really not having a go at you in particular, but there are far too many posts like this, people making statements as if they are facts, and they simply aren't.

For all we know SC may well have been quoted sky high fees for lesser players and thought Gray was the best value, we simply don't know......and yes I am as fed up as you and everyone else is by the current situation.