IGNORED

The Official Burnley v Bristol City Match Day Thread

1 minute ago, cynic said:

He said thought we played better football than them second half.

At this point the quality of our football is of no concern if we lose, certainly by a margin rare enough to constitute a thrashing by any standard.

If what has been quoted is true, I'm very concerned - in his position I'd be telling the squad everyone of them is expendable, as if they contour to fail as they are, they should be.

27 minutes ago, cynic said:

He wasn't entirely accurate re SC or SL being chairman but what he said about SL trying to do things on the cheap was pretty accurate I'd say.

SL stated that we aimed too high in the transfer market and should be looking at good L1 and L2 players - which is a recipe for disaster in my view. 

There was obviously some confusion between SL and SC in this respect and they need to sort that out- if they can. Yes, get younger players in but we are desperately short of experienced quality championship players and we either need to shell out for that or accept we are a league 1/championship yoyo club.

Yo Yo club?  it took us 9 years to get out of L1 the time before.

17 minutes ago, cynic said:

Another view;

He said he thought we played better football than them second half.

He alluded to his players not wanting to read about their manager signing players to replace them. In that respect, he wouldn't give anything away regarding that.

Heaven forbid our players get wind of any new players coming in, this could upset our current form and nobody wants that. If I was him I would be singing the names of any potential new players, maybe then the current squad would get the required rocket up the bum they need!!

• Like 4

IF it was Cotts fault no-one came to us in the summer and he told SL the players would be good enough then you could understand SL saying "thanks for everything but goodbye"

However I do believe it's more the chairman/DOF fault and thats why he will stay and given another transfer window to fix things.

It was always gonna be hard going Burnley and getting something today, it's the results like last Saturday that has left us in the awful position.

I can understand people wanting Cotts to go but the club is better in his hands now with the window this close, but if it was obvious he 'lost the players trust' then I'd hate to be in SL shoes 

Definitely didn't want to upset his players by talking about new players coming in. They were his players and he could see them improving week by week (really?). They always gave everything, win, lose or draw.

Very loyal to his team.

But what about some loyalty to the club, the owner and the fans?

If what you have isn't good enough no amount of loyalty is going to improve the situation.

11 minutes ago, cynic said:

I'm not defending SC, just stating it as I heard it - which was different from the other poster.

My view is that the players aren't stupid and know that the squad needs strengthening throughout anyway but I wouldn't expect SC to say "we need to improve on what we have in midfield" for instance. Sends out all the wrong messages.

I wasn't having a go mate, just responding to the quote.

If telling the players to buck up their ideas or they will be replaced is the wrong message though, what messages are they getting from the management team at the mo??

I think cotts spat his dummy out massively with regard to the lack of summer signings . Both him and Langsdown have been contradicting each other's statements ever since. 

Cotts pig headed approach on tatics, inflexibility on formation, and his refusal to make substitutions at key points in games, is him showing two fingers to Langsdown.  

"I have nothing on the bench to effect the game Mr Langsdown so i'm leaving the club out to dry!" 

Edited by Redrobbin
  • Like 1

Just got back as staying with family up North. Flint at fault for first two goals, Pack and Frank were embarrassing on the third and they took the p1$$ out of us on the fourth.

Smith and Baker head and shoulders above the rest. Wes and Bobby did alright at the end. Flint was jekyll and hyde, Williams ok and the rest stunk the place out tbh.

Got to tell the truth and say that Pack and Freeman were literally stealing a living today. Absolute disgrace the pair of them. Kodjia wasn't much better and is clearly playing for himself.

New GK, two midfield players and a replacement for Wilbraham otherwise totally convinced it's Div 3 football next season. And the way I feel after that trip today Bristol Sport FC can stick a L1 season ticket up their arse.

3 hours ago, nickolas said:

Quality keeping by Fielding again. Rooted to his line. Useless. 

New GK required in Jan please. 

I assume from the timing of your post you were talking about their third goal?

If so, Frankie was about 8 yards off his line as he came out to meet the attacker. He wasn't rooted to his line.

I know frustrations are rife tonight but posting inaccurate stuff to criticise individuals doesn't help.

But I get your disappointment mate, it's a terrible shame that we are in this situation after last season. To find ourselves back in the third div with a big new stadium is just unthinkable...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If so, Frankie was about 8 yards off his line as he came out to meet the attacker. He wasn't rooted to his line.

I know frustrations are rife tonight but posting inaccurate stuff to criticise individuals doesn't help.

But I get your disappointment mate, it's a terrible shame that we are in this situation after last season. To find ourselves back in the third div with a big new stadium is just unthinkable...

Frank came off his line far too late. The players were looking at him as if to say wtf including Pack which I didn't like as he made the first mistake himself.

The forty yarder that Barton hit the bar with right in the centre of the goal was also embarrassing. How does a pro keeper get beaten for pace from 40 yards?

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

he should of read the danger from that long pass and been ready to come and gather the ball or smash it upfield, he's to indecisive. Just like he is with crosses or any sort of ball into our box

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No idea why Fielding didn't come out straight away to clear it.