IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Getting ready for L1. Hoping he can add goals to keep us up but if not we have someone for L1. I imagine it's how we are going to have to do business with our league position. 

I don't get that, We are not doomed like Villa you only prepare for League one when you know you are actually going to be in it.

Regarding Arnold Garita, did anyone else see a very tall black chap in Bristol city tracksuit in the Dolman at the last home game, he had a funny goatie beard though. 

Was sat up at the top of the middle section of the dolman. Assumed it was just a youth player and then walked down steps between C-D block with a few other guys in track suits before the end of the game. certainly someone I hadn't seen before!

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Interesting. If true, should we be worried that French Div 3 is our best option?! 

Either way, literally any people prepared to play football will do right now! 

Looks like they were playing in the 2nd tier and were relegated last season. Wiki stats say he has 5 goals in 24 Ligue 2 appearances at only 20 years old

worth a shot and could be an unknown gem who could help our scoring crisis, and help JK also with both being French

28 minutes ago, Supersquirrel said:

Regarding Arnold Garita, did anyone else see a very tall black chap in Bristol city tracksuit in the Dolman at the last home game, he had a funny goatie beard though. 

Was sat up at the top of the middle section of the dolman. Assumed it was just a youth player and then walked down steps between C-D block with a few other guys in track suits before the end of the game. certainly someone I hadn't seen before!

I reckon that was McCoulsky - u18/21 player

1 hour ago, Fishponds_Red said:

I saw this on Twitter yesterday.  It's going to be very disappointing IF he performs well for them for the rest of the season.

I expect him to play well, he's a wide man and that is where i expect they will use him.

Just now, Snufflelufagus said:

You have to say if he plays and scores the winner next week then that could be the straw that breaks the camels back in regards to Cotts keeping his job.

That would be somewhat ironic wouldn't it !

I think he will play some part, PNE have some injuries in that area and some that they have loaned out.

Reid Humphrey little Keane etc

3 minutes ago, KevinWellRed said:

In order of what I think we need the most:

1. Replacement for Wilbs, preferably younger with more energy and Championship experience.
  2. Mean, experienced, almost dirty midfielder; again with Championship experience.
  3. Young flairy winger, ideally who can play either side.

We'd then need someone who can play the other side

4 minutes ago, KevinWellRed said:

1. Replacement for Wilbs, preferably younger with more energy and Championship experience.
  2. Mean, experienced, almost dirty midfielder; again with Championship experience.

Ok cotts ! We know

5 minutes ago, KevinWellRed said:

I don't see the point is having someone like this, Cotts makes the team stay on their feet, he hates picking up silly yellows and his mentality is a player off their feet is out of the game. We need an athletic midfielder who can cover grass though. I know he was poor against us but Jordan Cousins would be someone I'd like here.

2 hours ago, Supersquirrel said:

3 hours ago, Super said:

29 games since 2012 doesn't fill me with hope.

10 goals in 715 minutes of first team football... not bad looking at it that way.

What with Kermorgant possibly back on the radar we would have 3 Frenchies in the front line... best not play any Germans or it might be utter capitulation.

Garita à Bristol. Il confiait vendredi avoir eu des envies de départ cet été, a priori son désir de quitter Châteauroux est toujours vif. Arnold Garita est en effet à l'essai à Bristol (D2 anglaise) depuis le début de la semaine. Le transfert hors période de Mercato d'un joueur évoluant en National semble donc possible.

From this I've worked out he's on a week's trial with us

3 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Garita à Bristol. Il confiait vendredi avoir eu des envies de départ cet été, a priori son désir de quitter Châteauroux est toujours vif. Arnold Garita est en effet à l'essai à Bristol (D2 anglaise) depuis le début de la semaine. Le transfert hors période de Mercato d'un joueur évoluant en National semble donc possible.

That article is from October so suggests he's been on the radar for a while - http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/Indre/Sport/Football/Coupe-de-France/n/Contenus/Articles/2015/10/10/Il-ne-manquerait-plus-que-ca-2495490

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Well spotted, apparently Arsenal were watching him as a 17-year old and he was expected to join them then

15 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

He confided on friday that he want ed to leave this summer .Apparently he is still  keen to quit Châteauroux .

Arnold Garita is actually on trial at Bristol  ( City ) , an English second division side , since the beginning of the week .

The transfer of a player coming from the National League seems possible outside of the transfer window .

Voila !

3 hours ago, Supersquirrel said:

I reckon it was a Bristol Flyer myself. He was too tall for football. 

3 hours ago, Super said:

I don't get that, We are not doomed like Villa you only prepare for League one when you know you are actually going to be in it.

We aren't doomed but at the moment there is a bottom five that are more than a game behind everyone else at best(3 or more points). That part is clear. I think our moves will be with the thinking we could very well go down. I don't agree with it either. It's what I think the club is thinking. Take a gamble or two on players that could maybe keep us safe but are ok with L1 next season 

1 hour ago, KevinWellRed said:

I think you're not far off. I would add another CB, for me one that's a leader/organiser, we seem to be a bit all over the place every goal we concede. They'd need to be confident at this level. 

In in regards to the midfielder, not sure we need that type, I think energy, flair and most importantly the  odd goal is needed! We need goals to come from te rest of the pitch. If only Flinty/Pack could rediscover that corner combo they pulled out every other week last year!!

Archived